lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
lp04 donated to help Peyton Trent
lp04 plays in the APPA D4 division
lp04 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
...in that some people can afford nice stuff, and others will only buy the cheapest stuff because they don't want to spend a lot of money playing paintball.

I say do what you want, it's your money... but I really hate the whole "cult of cheapness" ie: the so-called "budget ballers" who hate on people who can afford nicer stuff because they see it as "unnecessary". If I want to spend money on a Z2 instead of a POS Spyder Fasta; or a Luxe instead of a dinosaur Autococker, that's MY CHOICE.
budget ballers get tired of hearing people who own the most expensive guns on the market look at a sub $400 gun and call it cheap and ****, when in fact it works just fine.

Lone Star Vapor Supply
Backroad Premium E-Juice
lp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2012, 07:24 PM #128
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
or a Luxe instead of a dinosaur Autococker, that's MY CHOICE.
What's wrong with a dinosaur Cocker? I played with a Pro Stock yesterday....

But to be fair I also played with two Shoebox Shockers, an Automag RT and a ..... Ricochet hopper. Seriously, just the hopper. I didn't check the air in one of the Shoeboxes before the game. Got down to the base, fired a pre-game shot, then as soon as the whistle blew I noticed something was wrong. Had no air. I was sitting behind some metal drums with paintballs hitting all around me trying to figure out what to do(other than calling myself out). First I was going to use the barrel as a blow gun but the mask I had on wouldn't let me. Then I snatched the hopper off the gun and started running around throwing paintballs at the other team. It is pretty freakin hilarious to have people diving away from you when you don't have a marker in your hands. I made it up to their base, was literally laughing while I was keeping their heads down throwing paintballs, and my team snuck up on the other side and picked them off.

The greatest part of it all is I had my glasses camera on, so I got it all on tape. I've been watching the video and laughing all day.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:04 PM #129
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by download00502

No, just no. How on earth does a marker stomp another marker. In paintball everything about how GOOD a gun is or what makes a gun GOOD is purely subjective and difficult to quantify.
That is completely wrong. It is far more than just subjective. We've compare mid to high ends of the same manufacturer but a far greater disparity can be seen if I compared different companies. Let's say a Spyder Electra vs a BL G6R? Are you really saying that the differences in performance (which is better) is all subjective?

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:27 PM #130
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp04 View Post
budget ballers get tired of hearing people who own the most expensive guns on the market look at a sub $400 gun and call it cheap and ****, when in fact it works just fine.
If you had unlimited money, would you buy the same gun? Sure you wouldn't.

I don't **** on sub $400 guns. I think Minis are awesome.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:32 PM #131
download00502
Really a 1776er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
That is completely wrong. It is far more than just subjective. We've compare mid to high ends of the same manufacturer but a far greater disparity can be seen if I compared different companies. Let's say a Spyder Electra vs a BL G6R? Are you really saying that the differences in performance (which is better) is all subjective?
For me, when I'm playing, yes. Radical, but that's what I have experienced. I own many guns but one of the most fun days I've had at the field was mowing down the other team with my friend's T-Boarded Spyder VS2. I'm actually looking to buy one because I loved it so much.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 PM #132
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Let's say a Spyder Electra vs a BL G6R? Are you really saying that the differences in performance (which is better) is all subjective?
Depends on what is considered desireable. If your goal is to fire less shots (either due to budget, or just on general principle) a higher rate of fire isn't a desireable trait. If your goal is to make sure you don't "outclass" you friends who play (a very real issue for many, no one wants to be "that guy"), a better performing gun, or even a equally performing but considerably more valuable gun, isn't desireable at all. Or how about customization. The G6R can't be altered hardly at all with out practically reinventing everything you wish to change (can't even add a simple drop onto the thing with out some serious engineering).The spyder can be built without actually buying the complete gun in the first place. When the build is half the fun something that's pretty much finished kind of defeats the purpose.

Now there are better choices out there than an Electra in nearly all of those examples of course.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 PM #133
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Well, more like wouldn't but "just" the same gun.
The number of less expensive guns I've bought went UP after I bought a high end.
Quote:
Ah, but how about sub $300? Sub $200? Sub $100?

With some players there ends up a sort of "threshold of newbness" if you will. A price point where no matter how good a piece of gear is, if it's priced below their threshold there's no way they will believe it.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:32 AM #134
paintking22
(◣_◢)

paintking22 plays in the PSP
paintking22 supports Team VICIOUS
paintking22 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintking22 is Legendary
paintking22 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
With some players there ends up a sort of "threshold of newbness" if you will. A price point where no matter how good a piece of gear is, if it's priced below their threshold there's no way they will believe it.
Those players probable don't know very much about the game then or have not been around for very long. In 2007 all the pro teams were shooting ego 08's (msrp 1,250). Now you can get an 08 ego for less than $400 and they rip.

LUXE MOB
paintking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:14 AM #135
lp04
SNIPER

lp04 plays in the PSP
lp04 donated to help Peyton Trent
lp04 plays in the APPA D4 division
lp04 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

But I don't. Nor do you. I have plenty of money just have other things I'd rather spend it on

Lone Star Vapor Supply
Backroad Premium E-Juice
lp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:35 AM #136
Tempted (Banned)

If I had unlimited money I'd still be rockin Classic Automags and Angels. Maybe even a Cocker or two.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:22 AM #137
Tempted (Banned)

Check this out, you don't even need a gun at all to win games.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:40 AM #138
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by download00502

For me, when I'm playing, yes. Radical, but that's what I have experienced. I own many guns but one of the most fun days I've had at the field was mowing down the other team with my friend's T-Boarded Spyder VS2. I'm actually looking to buy one because I loved it so much.
Everything you just posted is irrelevant to what you originally said. You originally said that the differences in markers was all subjective. That is completely false. Regardless of what the price is, it is fact that all markers are not created equal and some markers perform far better than others. Such as the 2 markers unused as example. And this is comparing stock vs stock. Not stock vs upgraded.
Now if you have fun with your Spyder that is more than fine. I'm not telling anyone they NEED a higher end marker. I'm just arguing against those saying that there is no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius

Depends on what is considered desireable. If your goal is to fire less shots (either due to budget, or just on general principle) a higher rate of fire isn't a desireable trait. If your goal is to make sure you don't "outclass" you friends who play (a very real issue for many, no one wants to be "that guy"), a better performing gun, or even a equally performing but considerably more valuable gun, isn't desireable at all. Or how about customization. The G6R can't be altered hardly at all with out practically reinventing everything you wish to change (can't even add a simple drop onto the thing with out some serious engineering).The spyder can be built without actually buying the complete gun in the first place. When the build is half the fun something that's pretty much finished kind of defeats the purpose.

Now there are better choices out there than an Electra in nearly all of those examples of course.
Not talking about desirable, friends or peers opinions, ability to mod, price or any of that. My topic is performance; Stock vs Stock. Because his comment is that performance differences are all subjective.

**Edit**
I'd like to add that if you can't buy any item, paintball related or not, that you can afford and desire simply because you fear "outclassing" or alienating your friends, then you don't truly have friends. Real friends want to see each other do, achieve and acquire better.

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Last edited by Soul06 : 09-03-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:50 AM #139
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp04 View Post
But I don't. Nor do you. I have plenty of money just have other things I'd rather spend it on
Fair enough. It's your money.

Just don't raise up buying cheap gear to be some kind of a paintball religion, and it's all good.

Quote:
I'd like to add that if you can't buy any item, paintball related or not, that you can afford and desire simply because you fear "outclassing" or alienating your friends, then you don't truly have friends. Real friends want to see each other do, achieve and acquire better.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 09-03-2012 at 10:55 AM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 AM #140
Team Misfit
Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
My current etek with a OLED performs on the same level as a Luxe if not better.
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Team Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:51 AM #141
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Misfit View Post
These are the types of posts that get people all riled up. You might want to add a couple of details, otherwise it just seems like you are talking out of your ***.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:00 PM #142
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman

These are the types of posts that get people all riled up. You might want to add a couple of details, otherwise it just seems like you are talking out of your ***.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:14 PM #143
TheHef

You don't need a really expensive gun to compete, a lot of paintball players think you do but then again a lot of paintball players worry more about fashion and how they look then how they actually play. A $400 dollar gun if taken care of will serve you just as well as a $1200 gun.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:22 PM #144
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef
You don't need a really expensive gun to compete, a lot of paintball players think you do but then again a lot of paintball players worry more about fashion and how they look then how they actually play. A $400 dollar gun if taken care of will serve you just as well as a $1200 gun.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:22 PM #145
classmarcher
Suppress; Slice; Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
+1

Its not the Age, Its the Mileage

jollibeeforever.................Use it up, wear it down, make it do ; or do without..................beer and balut
classmarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:24 PM #146
im bad at pbx
Can't we All be friends?

im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx supports Team VICIOUS
im bad at pbx supports Sherwood Forest
im bad at pbx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
im bad at pbx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Misfit
On what bases? That's like comparing apples and oranges.
im bad at pbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 AM #147
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
So true. So. Incredibly. True! The important thing to remember here, and I have said this time and time again, we are not discussing and debating whether the price difference is worth it. That question can never be answered 100% until a gun comes out that gives 9 cases off a 45/45 fill, zero recoil, sounds like a baby sleeping, has a computer in the board with wi-fi and 4g, a 100 piece bore kit stock, can be easily converted to both mech and pump, and tracks each ball shot to see exactly where it lands and how many kills you got, then can auto calculate where to aim each shot to it goes exactly where the last ball did. Seriously, everyone has different needs and their price point is exactly related so to keep arguing the worth is silly. There is a difference in performance and other aspects but pricing the worth is subjective and can never be definitive.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote