Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-16-2012, 12:09 AM #43
JELLO78

has been a member for 10 years
i have a few "old" guns in my collection such as angel lcds, sto cockers, airtech martix, bushmasters, phantoms because they are cheap now since i couldnt afford them back in the day, and my newest (to me) is my Protege got for $300 used. I use my phantom for woods and speedball. all im saying is that you dont need a new top dollar gun to roll with d3 teams for example. i go out there with my phantom or S6 depending how i feel that day. If im having a bad day, or if i feel lazy, i'll pull out my protege. all im saying is that the gun doesnt make the play, its MOSTLY depends on player skills. do get what you want. i'll with anything out on the market, even if its complete crap, as long as it functions, i can do the rest and make my kills. Milling on a gun is nonsense, you shooting the gun, not looking at it on the field. Rof and boards is complete BS if you ask me, why you think tourneys are only capped at 12.5 bps or whatever it is now instead of uncapped? efficiency i can see being a plus but my 08 protege that i got used for 300 is just as good as a g6r or other markers on the market. What i think is the most important thing in my book is that the company is still in business and their customer support is top notch. just my 2 cents
Old 08-16-2012, 06:50 AM #44
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JELLO78
Milling on a gun is nonsense, you shooting the gun, not looking at it on the field. Rof and boards is complete BS if you ask me, why you think tourneys are only capped at 12.5 bps or whatever it is now instead of uncapped? efficiency i can see being a plus but my 08 protege that i got used for 300 is just as good as a g6r or other markers on the market. What i think is the most important thing in my book is that the company is still in business and their customer support is top notch. just my 2 cents
You were doing good......and then you went too far lol.
Milling on a gun decreases weight but past that who wants a buy rectangle block of hollowed out aluminum? You can discount looks. As with any product, it's what usually first attracts you to a product.
ROF and boards? What's BS about them? The ability to fine tune your marker for optimal performance. Switch modes for different games or formats. Have controlled firing. Don't see what's BS about it.
Now the Protege being as good efficiency wise as the G6R????? Hmmmmm....don't know about that one sir.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:14 AM #45
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VII
trancer23 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
trancer23 is Legendary
Funny thing is I have the same arguement, that is why I buy used angels at $75-100 instead of DP guns at $150-200, they are overpriced.

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 AM #46
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Soul06

i once got 8 pods off 2000-2200 psi with my Protege. 12.5 ramp, 285 chrono, +/- 5 fps, reload of three seconds (once hopper is fully empty).

and then i sent it in for anno and could never get it back to holy **** efficiency mode

its possible, i didnt believe it until i counted how many pods i actually shot at the chrono station. Bob Long makes some wicked guns

Edit: to contribute to the conversation, most used high end markers that are from 2007 or older are usually at most mid level markers prices. It'd be a no brainer to get the high end IMO

Last edited by BiG MaN KemP : 08-16-2012 at 08:18 AM.
BiG MaN KemP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:25 AM #47
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer

firebirdjimbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firebirdjimbo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firebirdjimbo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
Funny thing is I have the same arguement, that is why I buy used angels at $75-100 instead of DP guns at $150-200, they are overpriced.
and angels shoot way better, queiter, more efficient, smoother and just as fast. also, angels like the 06 speed, a1, can shoot extremely brittle paint better than any other marker iv'e tried (along with bob long marqs)

Email/paypal: firebirdjimbo@yahoo.com
always buying failed polishing projects/ugly bastards
firebirdjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 AM #48
DeceptionLeader
The True Rec Ball HERO!!

DeceptionLeader plays in the PSP
DeceptionLeader supports Team VICIOUS
DeceptionLeader supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdjimbo View Post
and angels shoot way better, queiter, more efficient, smoother and just as fast. also, angels like the 06 speed, a1, can shoot extremely brittle paint better than any other marker iv'e tried (along with bob long marqs)
I will agree my rasta G7 was one of the best guns i ever owned......this may sound dumb but what happened to the company?? I took a break from 08 to a few months ago...

Constructicon Luxe Dust Slime Green/Dust Purple!!!!
NXT Tremor shocker!!!

If your big and a baller join the Fat Ballerz Club!
DeceptionLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:24 AM #49
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptionLeader

I will agree my rasta G7 was one of the best guns i ever owned......this may sound dumb but what happened to the company?? I took a break from 08 to a few months ago...
WDP went out of business earlier this year. Not exactly sure of the reasoning. I use to want an Angel so bad. After i got my Dark Timmy my next marker was almost an Angel

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 08-16-2012, 09:31 AM #50
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer

firebirdjimbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firebirdjimbo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firebirdjimbo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptionLeader View Post
they never got the credit they deserved, amazing guns, just heavy. I think their downfall was never coming out with a new design, but who knows.

Email/paypal: firebirdjimbo@yahoo.com
always buying failed polishing projects/ugly bastards
firebirdjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 AM #51
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdjimbo

they never got the credit they deserved, amazing guns, just heavy. I think their downfall was never coming out with a new design, but who knows.
Wouldn't go that far. They received a ton of respect and were a major company on the pro fields. When I first came into paintball I remember seeing the pics and articles of teams using Angels.
But yeah they were heavy.....and tall.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:51 AM #52
DeceptionLeader
The True Rec Ball HERO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdjimbo View Post
Well my G7 was solid as **** lol....but i remember the KISS Technology they came out with for brittle paint and it was amazing!!!!!

NXT Tremor shocker!!!

Old 08-16-2012, 10:13 AM #53
GhostJedai
I push buttons

Annual Supporting Member
GhostJedai is BST Trusted
GhostJedai has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai is attending Decay of Nations VII
GhostJedai supports Empire
I bought an A4 Fly right before I quit. The guy I bought it off of never maintained it, so after getting it "cheap," I had to get it serviced, which brought the total cost on par with where it should have been.

After banging my head with it, I traded it for a DP F7. I'm not saying the Angel was a bad marker, but I did have a poor experience with them. As of right now, I'm thinking about picking up an A1 just to play with, since they're so cheap, now. That would be fun
Christ Krew #17

GhostJedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:22 AM #54
DeceptionLeader
The True Rec Ball HERO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostJedai View Post
I bought an A4 Fly right before I quit. The guy I bought it off of never maintained it, so after getting it "cheap," I had to get it serviced, which brought the total cost on par with where it should have been.

After banging my head with it, I traded it for a DP F7. I'm not saying the Angel was a bad marker, but I did have a poor experience with them. As of right now, I'm thinking about picking up an A1 just to play with, since they're so cheap, now. That would be fun
The fact about Angels you had to actually maintain them very well but thats why they had such good performance..i got a g7 fly off a guys cause he got tired of fixing it..cause he never cleaned or maintained it....I put a virtue board in it and it fixed it lmao....

NXT Tremor shocker!!!

Old 08-16-2012, 03:33 PM #55
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdjimbo

They were behind the eight ball alot....eye systems came out 2 years almost after ebladed cockers and other high end electros. If you can't keep up with the demands of today's paintballers then don't bother. And this is what I shoot:

Angels for life!!!!

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:48 PM #56
GhostJedai
I push buttons

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptionLeader View Post
The fact about Angels you had to actually maintain them very well but thats why they had such good performance..i got a g7 fly off a guys cause he got tired of fixing it..cause he never cleaned or maintained it....I put a virtue board in it and it fixed it lmao....
That's exactly what the tech told me. When I first attempted to clean out the eyes, myself, I was horrified to see dried paint (and some not so dried) all over the internals. If I recall, I knew what I was "getting into," but I couldn't believe someone maintained their marker so poorly (until I just bought an Ion off ebay and found it in WORSE condition... gah, some people).

One thing that WDP did "wrong" was using ribons to connect their eyes, instead of standard wires. Ribbons are much more delicate, and the ones on my old A4Fly were corroded by the elements + old paint. Normally, the Tech would have charged me extra for the replacement, but I think he felt bad for me, lol.
Christ Krew #17

Old 08-16-2012, 03:56 PM #57
sh4d0vv

sh4d0vv owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sh4d0vv owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Buy an 08 used ego for the same price and enjoy having a high end for the same price
E-Flexes White
sh4d0vv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:22 PM #58
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostJedai

That's exactly what the tech told me. When I first attempted to clean out the eyes, myself, I was horrified to see dried paint (and some not so dried) all over the internals. If I recall, I knew what I was "getting into," but I couldn't believe someone maintained their marker so poorly (until I just bought an Ion off ebay and found it in WORSE condition... gah, some people).

One thing that WDP did "wrong" was using ribons to connect their eyes, instead of standard wires. Ribbons are much more delicate, and the ones on my old A4Fly were corroded by the elements + old paint. Normally, the Tech would have charged me extra for the replacement, but I think he felt bad for me, lol.
Though I never ended up buying an Angel for other reasons, I wasnt keen on the fact that the ram was unserviceable. God forbid anything went wrong with it and you couldn't even fix it yourself

Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM #59
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4d0vv View Post
Buy an 08 used ego for the same price and enjoy having a high end for the same price
This is a true statement.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:50 PM #60
GhostJedai
I push buttons

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Though I never ended up buying an Angel for other reasons, I wasnt keen on the fact that the ram was unserviceable. God forbid anything went wrong with it and you couldn't even fix it yourself
I had no idea about the RAM access (okay, sort of double entendre since I deal with computer RAM at work :p ), but I only had the thing for maybe 5 months, and used it in two tournies. I used my Fusion in 1 tourny, and then a bunch of rec ball, and that thing was heavy, but shot very, very smooth.
Christ Krew #17

Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM #61
asylum11
Dm6 Part's Whore

Annual Supporting Member
asylum11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
asylum11 donated to help Peyton Trent
asylum11 is playing at Living Legends V
asylum11 supports Team VICIOUS
player makes the gun, not the gun makes the player.

Paintball, my antidrug. Because when you're addicted to paintball there's no way you can afford drugs

PBN Feedback #1

"Originally posted by TheColiseum71: The Etek is a much better gun that the Protege. It has a better asa, it comes in a better case, and it has three LED lights, as opposed to one."
"Sometimes, i will get a bag of cheeseburgers and sit down in here and just whack off all day long, even eat them at the same time!!...Hey!...don't you judge me"--Rob Riggle "Blackballed the Movie"
asylum11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:39 PM #62
GhostJedai
I push buttons

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum11 View Post
I completely agree.
Christ Krew #17

Old 08-16-2012, 11:08 PM #63
JELLO78

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum11 View Post
Right On Brother!!! Amen to that!!! /thread