PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-17-2012, 01:13 PM #85
iwasaccident
McLovin

iwasaccident helped look for balloons
Yes but what im saying is IRL, I doubt many of the people would even have the balls to shoot someone cold blood. I really need to buy a mic again so I can squad up with some people.
"Originally posted by "durch": In my experience, Craigslist ads from foreign entities are pure win. I've received countless inheritances from foreign Princes, pills that make my tool rock hard, and many life shattering opportunities to make thousands of dollars a week while surfing teh pr0ns. I'd jump on this deal!"
iwasaccident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:14 PM #86
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwasaccident View Post
Yes but what im saying is IRL, I doubt many of the people would even have the balls to shoot someone cold blood. I really need to buy a mic again so I can squad up with some people.
You would be surprised.
Don't Touch Me You Filthy Casual
MattDamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 PM #87
IncompleteSpork90
yo snake sneak that ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDamnit View Post
You would be surprised.

Natural selection my friend.
IncompleteSpork90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:17 PM #88
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Then your choices are kill this guy or don't eat, you are going to kill the guy. Everyone has a point they will do what they must to survive.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:20 PM #89
iwasaccident
McLovin

Quote:
You would be surprised.
That is what has always interested and scared me about humans as a species, unlike almost every other animal, we put self-preservation before group-preservation.
"Originally posted by "durch": In my experience, Craigslist ads from foreign entities are pure win. I've received countless inheritances from foreign Princes, pills that make my tool rock hard, and many life shattering opportunities to make thousands of dollars a week while surfing teh pr0ns. I'd jump on this deal!"
Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 PM #90
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Well it goes for groups too. If you see one guy and say man he saw us but it's just him. He may go and get his clan buddies and come bring the thunder dome to your ***.
Don't Touch Me You Filthy Casual
MattDamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:46 PM #91
sethsmith46
pocket full of stones

sethsmith46 plays in the PSP
sethsmith46 plays in the APPA D3 division
THUNDER DOME...................

I want to build a thunder dome on Dayz
Swamp Chickenz
DHK
Beefy Boys
GEAR BAG SALE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post80243697
sethsmith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:50 PM #92
iwasaccident
McLovin

Quote:
Well it goes for groups too. If you see one guy and say man he saw us but it's just him. He may go and get his clan
buddies and come bring the thunder dome to your ***.
Thats true, yeah. Thats brings me to a question regarding the game, say by some miracle you could get everyone to team up and go on a massive zombie hunting spree. Could you kill them all then be able to live a normal life like the mod for vanilla arma "chernarus life"? If rocket could implement something like that, and if people knew that was a possibility and the eventual end goal I think players would be alot more likely to help each other.

edit- To implement this I think a separate hive would have to be able to track how far the progress is towards that goal for each individual player and you would ofcourse start in a server that is in a certain percentage range towards that goal. Say you start out at 0% and play long enough on the same server you get to where there are 10% less zeds then there used to be and logout. Now if you wanto go back in you would be grouped with other players in the same range (0-10%) so there would be 10 servers total each one for each stage or range of where someone is at so it would go
1. 0-10%
2. 11-20%
3. 21-30%
4. 31-40%
5. 41-50*
6. 51-60%
7. 61-70%
8. 71-80%
9. 91-100%
10. goal reached, you can live your sim life.

And it would track each players individual percentage so if you are at 10%, you logout and log back in you will still be in the same "stage" server but you wont have to be stuck in the same server because you just dont have enough time to play through that particular stage at one time. Once you are finished you can be presented the option to just live your newfound life or restart from the beginning. Thoughts?

Last edited by iwasaccident : 08-17-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:19 PM #93
IncompleteSpork90
yo snake sneak that ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethsmith46 View Post
THUNDER DOME...................

I want to build a thunder dome on Dayz
Already been done.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:48 PM #94
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Could you kill them all then be able to live a normal life like the mod for vanilla arma "chernarus life"? If rocket could implement something like that, and if people knew that was a possibility and the eventual end goal I think players would be alot more likely to help each other.

Thoughts?
Sounds ****ing stupid.

No offense. But... I would be deterred from playing the game if the goal was to live a normal life, which I can do in real life...

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:03 PM #95
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncompleteSpork90 View Post

Natural selection my friend.
Nothing about shooting someone with a gun involves natural selection at all.

Natural selection is the process of weeding out weak people through nature. meaning if all humans had to survive in nature, the weak ones would get weeded out.

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:20 PM #96
IncompleteSpork90
yo snake sneak that ****

I love murder.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:21 PM #97
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
Nothing about shooting someone with a gun involves natural selection at all.

Natural selection is the process of weeding out weak people through nature. meaning if all humans had to survive in nature, the weak ones would get weeded out.
And not being able to kill another human is a sign of weakness, especially for the given circumstances earlier in the thread.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:23 PM #98
IncompleteSpork90
yo snake sneak that ****

And here we are with another DayZ story with your man Mac JackDowell.

Tonight we start with Jack trying to find Bean and his two friends in Elektro. I come across one of his friends and we team up to find Bean. Sadly Bean dies because he is **** all for giving proper directions to find his soon to be lifeless corpse.

Running towards the hospital in Elektro to meet up and dupe items.

Denying the enemy with 50 round mag dumps into zombies.

And now we begin our fun time murdering people in Elektro, all four of us are in ghillies on top of a small hill. We end up killing 7-8 guys and decide to move on.

The lifeless corpses of these scrubs.

The firehouse we were putting 5.56 and 203 rounds into, notice the dead bodies on the roof.

And this photo is moments before I kill a guy, die from a hacker, and then bean dies because his monitor is too small to read the bearings on his compass.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:29 PM #99
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Thats true, yeah. Thats brings me to a question regarding the game, say by some miracle you could get everyone to team up and go on a massive zombie hunting spree. Could you kill them all then be able to live a normal life like the mod for vanilla arma "chernarus life"? If rocket could implement something like that, and if people knew that was a possibility and the eventual end goal I think players would be alot more likely to help each other.

edit- To implement this I think a separate hive would have to be able to track how far the progress is towards that goal for each individual player and you would ofcourse start in a server that is in a certain percentage range towards that goal. Say you start out at 0% and play long enough on the same server you get to where there are 10% less zeds then there used to be and logout. Now if you wanto go back in you would be grouped with other players in the same range (0-10%) so there would be 10 servers total each one for each stage or range of where someone is at so it would go
1. 0-10%
2. 11-20%
3. 21-30%
4. 31-40%
5. 41-50*
6. 51-60%
7. 61-70%
8. 71-80%
9. 91-100%
10. goal reached, you can live your sim life.

And it would track each players individual percentage so if you are at 10%, you logout and log back in you will still be in the same "stage" server but you wont have to be stuck in the same server because you just dont have enough time to play through that particular stage at one time. Once you are finished you can be presented the option to just live your newfound life or restart from the beginning. Thoughts?
By far this is the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet. Who wants to play a zombie game, where you kill all the zombies, and then live a normal life.... good god man
Old 08-17-2012, 05:51 PM #100
EastCoastHitmen

EastCoastHitmen is playing at Living Legends V
EastCoastHitmen is for the Gunfight
EastCoastHitmen is attending Decay of Nations VI
Wanting to play this soo bad! but dont have the money to buy it right now anyone know how to get around that?
EastCoastHitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 PM #101
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastHitmen View Post
Wanting to play this soo bad! but dont have the money to buy it right now anyone know how to get around that?
Sell your blood and/or semen. Just don't mix them up. They don't like that.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 PM #102
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
And not being able to kill another human is a sign of weakness, especially for the given circumstances earlier in the thread.
Still not natural selection. My 6 year old sister is strong enough to pull a trigger. That doesnt mean shes stronger mentally or physically than the person on the other end of the gun. it just means the other person was outmatched with weaponry.

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:45 PM #103
ITZ OPIE
The one and only!

ITZ OPIE plays in the PSP
ITZ OPIE donated to help Peyton Trent
ITZ OPIE plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR. View Post
Still not natural selection. My 6 year old sister is strong enough to pull a trigger. That doesnt mean shes stronger mentally or physically than the person on the other end of the gun. it just means the other person was outmatched with weaponry.
Agreed. I'm not sure how sitting on top of a hill and shooting everything that moves is considered natural selection.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:37 PM #104
Decption-Clay
Oldballs Clay

There needs to be a Psych, and Sociological experiement done with DayZ.

Server with 50 people, no firearms, no vehicles. The only thing you can use are hatchets, and Binoculars, and the toolbelt items. Animals and Zombies spawn, canned goods, and sodas, too.

then we'll see how natural selection works.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:46 PM #105
EastCoastHitmen

EastCoastHitmen is playing at Living Legends V
EastCoastHitmen is for the Gunfight
EastCoastHitmen is attending Decay of Nations VI
How much is arma 2?
EastCoastHitmen is offline   Reply With Quote