Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 06:07 PM #1
Onuris
Oldskool Baller
 
Onuris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Achak Woods
Onuris owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Feedneck Mod

One of the few things I don't like about my Epics are the factory feednecks. Set screw does not seem to hold hoppers very well, they wobble around. I don't like to have to shim stuff, want it to work right. So I had the feednecks cut down on 2 of my 3 Epic DV8's (want to leave one all stock), and had them machine threaded for Ion/Mini feedneck. On one of them last weekend, snapped the feedneck off sliding into a bunker

So I was going to extract the broken piece and put another one on it, but thought it would be best to get something stronger. I was at BBT this past week and picked up a DYE feedneck, since the threaded section is substantially thicker on these. Ren was selling them for $20. But when I brought it to my friends machine shop, found out there was not enough material on the marker's feedneck stem to thread it for the DYE feedneck. So I went back to BBT, thinking that i would have to just get the Ion/Mini thread neck, and do my best not to break it again.

But Ren showed me the Eclipse feednecks, they clamp on, no need to have threads machined in. So I just filed down the broken piece flush and countersunk it slightly, and clamped on the feedneck.

So this is stronger than one that is threaded, and can easily be done with a bandsaw, or at home with a hacksaw if u can saw straight. Much better than factory neck, and lower profile as well.





__________________
"For doubt and secrecy are the lure of lures, and no new horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace."- H.P.Lovecraft "Ex Oblivione"
Onuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2012, 11:03 AM #2
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer
 
firebirdjimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
firebirdjimbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firebirdjimbo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firebirdjimbo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
holy crap, and Epic Ice. have you ever broken paint in that sweet baby yet?
__________________
Boris- heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it does not work you can hit them with it.

Email/paypal: firebirdjimbo@yahoo.com
always buying failed polishing projects/ugly bastards
firebirdjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:15 AM #3
Onuris
Oldskool Baller
 
Onuris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Achak Woods
Onuris owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
With good paint and marker set up right have never had any breaks in my DV8s, and have been using them for years. Only breaks have been from bad paint and mismatched trapdoor issue once, but can't fault the gun for that. I have a lot of never electronic guns, and many older ones as well, cockers, mags, pumps, etc. While many of these have failed me in some way or another over the years, the DV8s have always been 100% reliable, accurate and consistent so far. This one is always in my gear bag, no matter what else I plan on using b/c I know that no matter what else happens I can count on it to work well.
__________________
"For doubt and secrecy are the lure of lures, and no new horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace."- H.P.Lovecraft "Ex Oblivione"
Onuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:22 PM #4
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer
 
firebirdjimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
firebirdjimbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firebirdjimbo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firebirdjimbo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onuris View Post
With good paint and marker set up right have never had any breaks in my DV8s, and have been using them for years. Only breaks have been from bad paint and mismatched trapdoor issue once, but can't fault the gun for that. I have a lot of never electronic guns, and many older ones as well, cockers, mags, pumps, etc. While many of these have failed me in some way or another over the years, the DV8s have always been 100% reliable, accurate and consistent so far. This one is always in my gear bag, no matter what else I plan on using b/c I know that no matter what else happens I can count on it to work well.
(better love story than twilight) in all seriousness, i'm glad to hear that, iv'e never heard one bad word spoken about these guns. My all time trusty gun i always have with is an old spyder victor 2 (out of my choice of 100+ markers iv'e had) they're too simple to break. Iv'e got to get some run time in on my old icd but im hoping that will replace the victor 2 soon enough. although i'll always have it around
__________________
Boris- heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it does not work you can hit them with it.

Email/paypal: firebirdjimbo@yahoo.com
always buying failed polishing projects/ugly bastards
firebirdjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 PM #5
dano_____
Dan0
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Dakota
So curious, did you have to shave the outside of the neck at all to make this fit or did it just slip on and go? I have an epic and want to do this mod, but without pics of how the feed looks without a feedneck on there it is hard to tell.
dano_____ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 AM #6
Onuris
Oldskool Baller
 
Onuris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Achak Woods
Onuris owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
So curious, did you have to shave the outside of the neck at all to make this fit or did it just slip on and go? I have an epic and want to do this mod, but without pics of how the feed looks without a feedneck on there it is hard to tell.
It just slipped right on- actually slightly loose even with the thin spacer sleeve that came with the feedneck. Nice and secure after tightening down the set screws.
__________________
"For doubt and secrecy are the lure of lures, and no new horror can be more terrible than the daily torture of the commonplace."- H.P.Lovecraft "Ex Oblivione"
Onuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 AM #7
dano_____
Dan0
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Dakota
For anyone interested, you can also use a feedneck off of an sp1, vibe, enemy etc. I have the trinity clamping neck on mine and it fits/looks very good. It lets the hopper sit low and gives you a shorter profile.
dano_____ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:09 PM #8
iamthelazerviking
 
 
iamthelazerviking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Salt Lake City
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
For anyone interested, you can also use a feedneck off of an sp1, vibe, enemy etc. I have the trinity clamping neck on mine and it fits/looks very good. It lets the hopper sit low and gives you a shorter profile.
And I am soon to be the proud owner of this! So, I think you for doing this mod and making me even happier.
__________________
Trust
eBay +290/-0
MCB +27/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump