Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-11-2012, 01:54 PM #1
ironhd9

G3 issues

I have just purchased a used G3 contract killer. I took it apart, inspected the o rings, etc. I replaced the battery, it powered up fine. hooked it up to air, turned it on, turned off the sensor(so that i could fire without paintballs) and nothing happened. Any suggestions?
ironhd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2012, 02:27 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Make sure you have connected everything into the board correctly (likely fine but double check).

With air not connected, glue a piece of aluminum foil on the fang of the trigger or polish the fang so that there is a nice reflective surface to trip the optical sensor on the board. Also make sure that the holes on the sensor itself are clean and free of debris. Try again with power on, no air, and eyes off.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:12 PM #3
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Make sure you have connected everything into the board correctly (likely fine but double check).

With air not connected, glue a piece of aluminum foil on the fang of the trigger or polish the fang so that there is a nice reflective surface to trip the optical sensor on the board. Also make sure that the holes on the sensor itself are clean and free of debris. Try again with power on, no air, and eyes off.
this! that is most probable cause. we have tons of threads in here every week that are because of this issue

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:40 PM #4
ironhd9

Thanks for the advice. It was the trigger. Once I removed it and polished the back it worked fine!
ironhd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:29 PM #5
CA_Tectonics

No problem. Unfortunately, this is semi-common with the optical sensors. Good to hear you got it up and running again .
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote