PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-08-2013, 02:40 PM #1
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SP-8 balls getting stuck in feedneck

Having problems with balls getting stuck just before they fall in breach. I know this an older guy but did anybody else have this problem? Its not the feedneck so its would be hard to replace since its part of the body. Maybe file it so its wider there? whats the best way to do this and did anybody have to. Maybe my balls were a little swelled up I havent had a chance to shoot some good paint thru it but thought I would see if anybody else had thoughts on this.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2013, 03:18 PM #2
Punisher068

Pmd
Feedneck will come out of the body also,its a separate piece,rotate it 180 deg. and push it thru the body toward the inside.If you cant figure it out LMK and I can get a decent pic after the weekend
I may have a spare manual too if you dont have one
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:05 PM #3
p8ntballr68059
SOG Leprechaun Post Whore

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntballr68059 supports Team VICIOUS
p8ntballr68059 plays in the APPA D5 division
p8ntballr68059 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
p8ntballr68059 is Boss
p8ntballr68059 supports DLX Technology
the sp8 is basically an ion so it could be a few different problems. i had this happen to my old ion and i had to replace the breech for some reason it just got warped.. it could be the feedneck which will screw out of the body.. do not file i t as the could cause a sharp edge and cause it to become a blender instead
Vicious fan #42
My Current markers Texas Storm G6R,Luxe,Sniper,Vice,Marq 7, TonTon Shocker
p8ntballr68059 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:38 PM #4
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
there are no threads for the feedneck like the ion has, the feedneck is held to the breach byh the plastic body.

The early sp8s had that problem. The feednecks weren't machined right and the paint would get stuck before entering the breach. Look at the end of the feedneck that sits on the breach opening, the hole should have a small lip that catches paint. Pressure on the ball stack keeps it from falling through when it catches on the small lip. You can simply sand a very small amount off that lip to smooth it out and the paint should drop right in.

I can take pics later if you need more help, its not a big problem and is easy to fix.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:15 PM #5
jodyn

i have noticed that cheap or soft swollen paint tends to jam in the sp8
jodyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:50 PM #6
KYhillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post
there are no threads for the feedneck like the ion has, the feedneck is held to the breach byh the plastic body.

The early sp8s had that problem. The feednecks weren't machined right and the paint would get stuck before entering the breach. Look at the end of the feedneck that sits on the breach opening, the hole should have a small lip that catches paint. Pressure on the ball stack keeps it from falling through when it catches on the small lip. You can simply sand a very small amount off that lip to smooth it out and the paint should drop right in.

I can take pics later if you need more help, its not a big problem and is easy to fix.
Its not the feedneck, I use an aftermarket feedneck. Its the breech where the balls hang up.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:16 AM #7
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
Are you referring to the feedneck adapter or feedneck?

I'm talking about this

Is that what you're talking about?
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:30 PM #8
KYhillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post
Are you referring to the feedneck adapter or feedneck?

I'm talking about this

Is that what you're talking about?
Feedneck adapter, I will check it out later and see if I can find that lip.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:26 PM #9
KYhillbilly

I tried fresh paint and didnt have a problem. I was having problems with certain paint getting stuck which was green while the yellow paint I had went thru fine. When I checked the paint with my inserts the green was a little more lopsided and bigger. That said the green paint went thru my etek fine. So I guess shoot fresh paint and I should be fine hopefully. I wont know for sure till I shoot a full hopper thru it.

I tried taking the upper reciever apart and couldnt. So its going to be hard to work on it if thats what it takes.