Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-25-2012, 05:05 PM #1
caw88
Outlaw Woodsball

caw88 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I gotts me a Crossover. Pics, thoughts.

Number 67, more images to follow....

Initial thoughts are that it is smaller and feels better than I thought it would. It almost has a rough texture like a synthetic shotgun feel. It's loud but no louder than my etek 3. It's going to have a ton of mods before its all said and done. I like it!
caw88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2012, 05:55 PM #2
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
I think you are one luck SOB, and that you should never give me your address.

You should make a shooting video.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:16 PM #3
caw88
Outlaw Woodsball

Initial thoughts....Ok I shot a few hoppers of generic paint. My set up was 68/4500 with a rotor on the stock crossover. Shot well, no breaks. Eyes and double detents seem to hold the ball well. Very minimal kick and quick to let fly with the safe auto. The trigger does seem to have a bit of a wiggle. I havn't tried to adjust it yet but I would like it a little tighter. The grip is great, and the gun is well balanced. It makes a nice tight set up with the rotor and tank. This gun feels tough like it can take a beating. Big difference from my DP FX. The fire adjust takes some getting used to with the move foreward selector. Having less of a body and no stock make the bolt action seem more violent compared to an phenom. I haven't taken it apart yet, when I do I will post some pics.

I am going to put a lapco/apex barrel on next to see how it does.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 PM #4
Rob_AGD
Cranky Wanker

Annual Supporting Member
Rob_AGD is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Rob_AGD donated to help Peyton Trent
Rob_AGD helped look for balloons
Rob_AGD is playing at Living Legends VII
Rob_AGD supports Pev's Paintball
Yea we got them in today. Trying to turn off the FA, saving the setting is a pita.

Was poking around, not big on ribbon eyes, but I found it awesome that they are still using the standard tippmann ball detents.

Not sure why some companies feel the need to make something as simple as programing a gun into a convoluted process.

Shot it, chrono was decent given the paint and it was a bit poppy, not super gentle on the old finger test, but by far not the worst.

-R
Rob_AGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:13 PM #5
Rob_AGD
Cranky Wanker

Annual Supporting Member
Rob_AGD is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Rob_AGD donated to help Peyton Trent
Rob_AGD helped look for balloons
Rob_AGD is playing at Living Legends VII
Rob_AGD supports Pev's Paintball
just an fyi on the 2nd pull to set the modes before the button and trigger pull to save, its a bit tight on the 2 second count.

-R
Rob_AGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:08 PM #6
caw88
Outlaw Woodsball

Hustle Paintball youtube video states that you should take the spring out of the trigger....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj4BWmVWeM0

Personal preference is that I like the tension that the spring is putting on the trigger. Without the spring the trigger is loose and has a wiggle. I like the trigger pull with the resistance. As far as rolling the trigger in mech mode I think it just takes some getting used to with the spring. But once again this is just personal preference.

My next adventure with the Crossover will be to get into the grip and see what the board looks like. I really like that the grip has no battery wires. I know its silly but I can't wait until someone puts out an OLED board for this. I am also assuming that I can use techt bolts for the phenom on the crossover which I will compare and shoot tomorrow to see how well it works.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:24 PM #7
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_AGD View Post
Not sure why some companies feel the need to make something as simple as programing a gun into a convoluted process.
-R
I know! The one thing they did right in the older and low-level electronic guns was make modes easy to program. I've got uncapped semi and capped semi, 3-round burst at a fixed cap, and full-auto at a fixed cap on my Viewloader Pro Trigger. A Timmy takes forever just to change modes, not even to program caps, change dwell settings, and tune all the other crap on it!
Noah
Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:40 AM #8
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
for as much as it costs Id buy an upped ion instead and have about 300 left over for drinking money.

and spending that much on the crossover,you would think it would come in something a bit better then a cardboard box it just fits in by the reg and where the barrel goes..

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Last edited by NoX13 : 05-26-2012 at 01:43 AM.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:36 AM #9
caw88
Outlaw Woodsball

Case would have been nice.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:02 PM #10
reflexmidgley

The crossover is a nice looking light weight marker can't wait to see one shoot.
580-353-1406
www.Thearenapaintballpark@yahoo.com
www.Thearenapaintballpark.com
reflexmidgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 AM #11
caw88
Outlaw Woodsball

I am having a blast with mine. It feels great. The trigger in mechanical takes some getting used to though.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:49 PM #12
Ryan miller03

Ryan miller03 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ryan miller03 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I thought its over priced but what do I know, haven't shot it
Ryan miller03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:21 AM #13
Tenit

Shot one on the weekend and it just doesn't compare to much in it's orice range.
Tenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 AM #14
caw88
Outlaw Woodsball

At the $400 dollar range I am currently using a upped etek 3, a DP FX, and the crossover. My purpose for the crossover is different as I use it for woodsball. I don't have to worry about busting my FX's barrel over a bunker. The crossover can take some punishment. As far as it's shooting I may be in the minority but my FX shoots better than the crossover and etek but my crossover can hold it's own with the etek. I haven't tried my freak kit on the crossover yet either and with a multitude of ups and boards that are going to be coming out for the crossover I guess we will see. It will also be interesting to find out which regulator set up will be best on this one when its all said and done. One of the best things about the crossover is the safety switch on the side.

The crossover is loud, but it shoots straight and consistant. I sure as heck wouldnt trade the crossover for a etha or even my buddies Dye NT.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:36 AM #15
Broch

Quote:
Originally Posted by caw88 View Post
At the $400 dollar range I am currently using a upped etek 3, a DP FX, and the crossover. My purpose for the crossover is different as I use it for woodsball. I don't have to worry about busting my FX's barrel over a bunker. The crossover can take some punishment. As far as it's shooting I may be in the minority but my FX shoots better than the crossover and etek but my crossover can hold it's own with the etek. I haven't tried my freak kit on the crossover yet either and with a multitude of ups and boards that are going to be coming out for the crossover I guess we will see. It will also be interesting to find out which regulator set up will be best on this one when its all said and done. One of the best things about the crossover is the safety switch on the side.

The crossover is loud, but it shoots straight and consistant. I sure as heck wouldnt trade the crossover for a etha or even my buddies Dye NT.
I second everything you said here. It shoots VERY straight, and very consistent. I play woodsball, and I found myself leaving my Phenom behind most of the time, so I sold it. The stock barrel is actually very good, however I'm going to pick up a Tech T ifit kit and throw a 12" DW on the front of it. Should be a winning combo.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:07 PM #16
joshmeldin9
thebeast

joshmeldin9 is playing at Living Legends V
joshmeldin9 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
joshmeldin9 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What kind of solenoid does the crossover use?

Originally Posted by ericpaintball154
Why do people like pump guns is cuz more accurate
Originally posted by sup'mango
No it's because your grammar sucks
joshmeldin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:18 PM #17
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
Same one the Phenom uses.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 PM #18
jaybob

jaybob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jaybob has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To op:

Since you own an Etek, how would you compare the kick and shooting feel of the Etek with the Crossover?

I love the kickback on the etek, i'm hoping the the crossover is very similar.
jaybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:18 PM #19
Nathan54321

Crossover vs. The PE Etha

I am looking for a marker that is suitable for woodsball and speedball. Tipmann designed this marker for that but tippmann has mainly been producing woodsball products so I am a little sceptcial on this particular marker. The PE Etha is a good option for speedball. PE is all so making a body kit for the Etha as well so that gives it a woodsball look. Could anybody provide a little bit more insight on this?

Thank you,
Nathan54321
Nathan54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:01 PM #20
Bigjoe11
"The Boss"

Bigjoe11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 supports DLX Technology
Sounds a lot like an invert mini to me, what are the main differences here? The only advantage for the crossover that I can see is water resistance.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:26 PM #21
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
just wondering why tippmann has to ship them out in cheap cardboard boxes? the customers are paying $400+ for this marker and they ship it out in a crappy cardboard box? couldnt they use nice cases for the markers? even my 200$ gog envy came in a nice plastic case with foam inside.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote