Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 06:24 PM #127
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot
 
masterofTHUMBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 703
masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
I don't think I've ever met "that guy". Maybe the guy that wipes obvious hits. Other than that, I don't think I've ever met people that make me mad.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 PM #128
inferno2inferno
 
 
inferno2inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownseanthomas
There is a kid that plays at my field and he has some pretty sweet gear, but he's actually one of the most reasonable players that averages the field. He holds his own and bunkers people the same way a 22 year old would.

Although, I've met a new "that guy" recently. He has 6 guns, plenty of gear to cover three people, and buys enough paint for two days. None of his guns work except his trusty mainhand, his gear is older than I am, and he shoots all of his paint in 6 hours. Soon after he always says the same thing, "I tore it up today."
Didn't mean to say that all kids are bad, but there is always that one obnoxious player wether old or young who just makes you facepalm until your forehead is concave.
__________________
You do not know what you do not know
inferno2inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:48 PM #129
htownseanthomas
R.I.P. SPACEBAT :'(
 
htownseanthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Henderson, NV
htownseanthomas is playing at Living Legends V
htownseanthomas is for the Gunfight
htownseanthomas has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno2inferno

Didn't mean to say that all kids are bad, but there is always that one obnoxious player wether old or young who just makes you facepalm until your forehead is concave.
Yea I understood what you meant. Those kids usually come and go, without being seen much afterwards. Sometimes over geared kids go to the best field thinking they're going to run with the big boys, then they get trolololololed and go back to mid-range fields because they lost a game or two and flipped out.
__________________
Buy my HPI Savage!
http://tinyurl.com/HPISavageFS
Help me fix my POS Car!
http://tinyurl.com/GearbagSale702

VegasXtremePaintBall, be there.

"Originally posted by "pbmink": You better dodgy that **** RIGHT ****ING NOW"
htownseanthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:19 PM #130
Rclone1
 
 
Rclone1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted
I had some kids with mids and highs asking me to cover them in a game that I was using a pump with no pods and 100 rounds in the hopper.
Lol yea I feel ya I had some ppl asking me to cover them and I was using my Ariakon pistol I had 12 shots and was using 12 grams like I'm gonna cover you when you have 4 pods and half a hopper full
Rclone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:47 AM #131
Tempted (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N Ga
Yeah its wise of those people to cover the pumpers and stock classers, we are typically a little more experienced. And, once in an acceptable position, we can usually pick off the sprayers. I normally take a single shot at a time when I'm unnoticed. If I lay a line down they'll find me. Pop shots keep them guessing and distracted. It helps being accurate left handed. I can't walk a trigger past 8bps lefty but I'm dead on accurate. Because most players on rec fields are right handed and don't play left, most people look to their left side of the bunkers first. Gives me the first shot usually. Many times when I'm hidden and playing woodsball I'll take the hopper off and feed paint 3 rounds at a time manually. Lowers my profile and makes it more difficult to see slight movement.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:26 PM #132
Clark Gryphyn
 
 
Clark Gryphyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
The only "that guy" I don't like to see is someone who loses their temper or is rude for any reason. Paintball is a physical, intense, and often times chaotic sport. Lots of different things are going to happen. Knee jerk shots when you're already out? Yup. Bonus balls because they didn't see your hand wave through all the brush or hear you say "I'm out" over all the shooting? Yup. Ref in the way? Yup. New player not understanding the rules? Yup.

Show me one time where losing one's temper helped a situation or made the day better. Crap happens, smile and move on. If it was you, apologize and move on. Too many occasions have been overshadowed by "that guy" losing his temper for whatever stupid reason.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:05 PM #133
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
The funny reverse side of that is when people assume that you are going to become "That Guy" when they do something that might trigger a temper tirade.
I've been hit a few times where dudes came afterwards apologizing. I just laughed like, "What are you apologizing for? It was a good shot" and just laughed.
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:35 PM #134
inferno2inferno
 
 
inferno2inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
It's always funny when you get hit an the person apologizes. A very common reaction for a lot of first timers. They hit you in the head an say sorry; funny because the mask is the only thing hit lol. It's always a funny reaction
__________________
You do not know what you do not know
inferno2inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 PM #135
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
I was playing out at CPX on Bedlam and leaned out past a door way and caught a shot dead in the middle of my forehead. Sucka hurt. As I walked out dude apologized. I just laughed, said good shot and gave him a high five.
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:03 PM #136
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I was playing out at CPX on Bedlam and leaned out past a door way and caught a shot dead in the middle of my forehead. Sucka hurt. As I walked out dude apologized. I just laughed, said good shot and gave him a high five.
I catch those all the time, it sucks. Hopefully you rock a headband. I use a Full Clip headband, but I'm considering doubling up with a Sandana as well.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:44 AM #137
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER

I catch those all the time, it sucks. Hopefully you rock a headband. I use a Full Clip headband, but I'm considering doubling up with a Sandana as well.
Yeah I always rock a sandana. Some years back I didn't and caught a knot that stuck around for almost 2 months.
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA


Last edited by Soul06 : 09-14-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:05 AM #138
mebe_CRAZY
FISTER PRIDE
 
mebe_CRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: norman ok
mebe_CRAZY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mebe_CRAZY has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mebe_CRAZY is attending Decay of Nations VI
man i hate that guy
mebe_CRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:44 PM #139
countryballer603
 
 
countryballer603's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGerbik View Post
I also dislike the "I been playing paintball for 10 years" guy when he doesn't look much older than 15.



I just recently got told my A1 was a dinosaur gun by this type of guy. I have been out of the game for a few years and just getting back so i'm not on top of the latest guns any more but has things changed that dramatically that i now own insanely outdated stuff?
I know that feeling! I was out of it for a few years then coming back in i found everything has changed. Half of the gear i have isnt even made anymore. Then the young guns with PE everything tell me how much my stuff sucks. They werent even old enough to play yet when this stuff was moderate recball gear!!!
countryballer603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:36 PM #140
Tempted (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N Ga
Dude I play with an 80s Automag as my number one. My number two is a 1996 Automag RT. Last weekend I played with a Naughty Dog Shocker for a few games, the RT and a PT Pistol. Wanna talk about being out gunned? Take a 10 round pistol out with a 20 foot max range that gets about 15 shots before it needs a new CO2 cartridge.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 PM #141
rexisme
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NWI *219*
Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Anymore,I just find it irritating when someone has to have their gun uncapped and ramping to play some walk-on. Its pretty ****ing lame if you ask me. I understand running around and going balls out as far giving it 110%, thats your style. But seriously, when theres a group of younger kids(10-13) screaming because all you know how to do is spray 20+ bps in their direction and end up shooting them more than neccessary, you're pretty lame and you're the one killing the sport.

This past weekend was my first time back in a few years and there was only one of those guys. He got called out though on how big of a turd he was being, got mad and left.

Also, it is very irritating when someone asks me for a pod of paint. I understand being halfway through a game or being out of paint when switching sides. I have no problem giving someone a pod of paint then. But seriously, you walk on with barely any paint, shoot at some random **** while you're walking to the field. Then end up having like 3 paintballs and you're asking me for paint? **** you.
__________________
NOBAMA
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:05 AM #142
Tempted (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N Ga
I took care of one of those noob abusers last weekend. He was railing on walk ons with rentals with an E A5. I picked up my Naughty Dog and fixed the problem. Was the last game he played before he left.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:07 AM #143
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot
 
masterofTHUMBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 703
masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Are you kidding me? There is a BPS cap on every firing mode at every respectable field and all tournaments played! With markers available today its EASY to walk 20bps from unlimited semi. Have you ever actually played a legitimate organized game? And if you're also telling me you've never heard of a walk on with a rental complain about someone shooting at an extremely high ROF then you haven't reffed much at all. They complain almost every day even when electros are shooting 10bps because to a noob with a rental 10bps sounds like 16bps. If you're field isn't capped at 13bps then I feel extremely sorry for the noobs who show up and then never come back after getting railed on by dicks who think its cool to launch 18bps.
My woodsball field doesn't have a cap on BPS. They only allow semi though. You can pull the trigger as fast as you can but no help from ramping. While some people can pull off 20 bps, they aren't going to be doing it longer than a second unless they have some weird trigger bounce.

And honestly, you're kind of lame for ramping on rentals. I could probably get away with ramping at my field but I don't think it's right to be launching that many balls at someone who's there to have a good time. I would probably give you a few extra bonus ball lovin' just to remind you to stop being a dick.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:07 AM #144
Tempted (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N Ga
Who's ramping? I haven't ramped in a single game in 5 years. The last time I ever ramped was accidentally. My A4 Fly had a low battery and kept switching firing modes. In an attack/defend game they let a hunter(me) out of the castle. I turned to fire at another player(the owner of the field) and after I pulled the trigger 3 times it went into 16bps ramping. I hit him about 6 times and to this day still feel bad about it. I'll never ramp or response on a field again. If you can walk 12bps there is no reason to need to add shots.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:58 AM #145
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Saying things like "killing the sport" makes you 'that guy'. Stop worrying about "the sport" so damn much, it's just fine.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 AM #146
holson72
 
 
holson72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Anymore,I just find it irritating when someone has to have their gun uncapped and ramping to play some walk-on. Its pretty ****ing lame if you ask me. I understand running around and going balls out as far giving it 110%, thats your style. But seriously, when theres a group of younger kids(10-13) screaming because all you know how to do is spray 20+ bps in their direction and end up shooting them more than neccessary, you're pretty lame and you're the one killing the sport.

This past weekend was my first time back in a few years and there was only one of those guys. He got called out though on how big of a turd he was being, got mad and left.

Also, it is very irritating when someone asks me for a pod of paint. I understand being halfway through a game or being out of paint when switching sides. I have no problem giving someone a pod of paint then. But seriously, you walk on with barely any paint, shoot at some random **** while you're walking to the field. Then end up having like 3 paintballs and you're asking me for paint? **** you.
I approve of this post.

Also, I can count on one hand the number of times I've used ramping. That being said, I have never used ramping while playing. Only while tuning for potential shootdown issues or just to see how fast my Ego really is.
__________________
My Collection
holson72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:54 PM #147
rexisme
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NWI *219*
Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Saying things like "killing the sport" makes you 'that guy'. Stop worrying about "the sport" so damn much, it's just fine.
I'm assuming that was a dig at me. Think back to you being ten years old. Some ******* that should know better, I'm talking adults here, shooting their markers as fast as they can go at you,I'm talking 20+bps. I know I wouldn't of wanted to play again if I was ten or at least at that field again.
__________________
NOBAMA
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump