Community Focus

Old 08-15-2012, 07:47 AM #43
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Kind of had one of those experiences a few weeks ago at Pevs. I, my cousin and a couple friends went out to play some open rec. I was dressed in my normal "that guy" clothing as it was too hot. I just wore my PE pants and a sleeveless tshirt. My cousin has the Dyecam gear. Too hot for the shirt he just wore the pants, a tan tshirt and the Dyecam vest. Nothing too "that guy-ish". On his goggles though he has the Contour cam mounted on the side.
So as we are starting the day i hear some random say, "(laughing) Look! That guy has a camera on his goggles. Imma shoot that right off his head". Clearly he had been labelled "That Guy" for the day. Told me cousin who didn't take too kindly to that. Actually went up to the ref and told him "(pointing vehemently) You see that guy right there! Yeah that guy! Please make sure you put him on the other team! We're no arm bands. Put him on armbands side. That guy right there!"
The day ended with my cousins cam going home fully intact and that dude that tried to single him out not even coming close to being any sort of threat on the field. They even spoke in jest at one point where my cousin told him, more or less, "Yeah I heard you were going to shoot my camera off....Good luck with that".

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2012, 07:51 AM #44
DeceptionLeader
The True Rec Ball HERO!!

DeceptionLeader plays in the PSP
DeceptionLeader owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DeceptionLeader supports Team VICIOUS
DeceptionLeader supports DLX Technology
Well whats funny is every new field i go to i can pick up that guy....But whats funny is my GF is playing for the first time this weekend and i will see if she picks out someone like that....

Constructicon Luxe Dust Slime Green/Dust Purple!!!!
NXT Tremor shocker!!!

If your big and a baller join the Fat Ballerz Club!
DeceptionLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:00 AM #45
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptionLeader

That happens alot to me...I love my pratice days but i love just rec-balling it up if i can....Most people after a game or two start talking to me realizing im a fat funny guy.....but i think its just a typical sterotype bounced back and forth from woodyz to speedy..

Honestly when i first started playing we had a guy named chris who would overshoot everyone on the field with his maxed up e-cocker...if you even attempted to shoot him more than once he would start screaming and cussing...ofcourse i found this hilarious...What made it more funny was he was playing a tounry against my old team and we basically rolled all guns his side off the break destroying him lol....He got so pissed throwing his brand new etek at a bunker.....Screaming and threating my guys...he was that "Guy" for my whole team....
Gotta love those guys. They can overshoot you but don't you dare overshoot them. God forbid you shoot a stream at them and the first one hits...smh...they expect you to somehow rundown the remaining balls flying through the air at almost 200mph and stop them from hitting him too LOL

And Yes!!!! I've been told, "Yo you know it don't take all that right" (when rolling my gear bag to a staging area),"You wearing a jersey in the woods *laughter* You are going to be easy to find" and then all the funny looks for wearing paintball specific clothing. Such a shame. But they never have anything to say when the day is done, they're going home in welts and paint and I'm not.

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Last edited by Soul06 : 08-15-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:03 AM #46
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
On his goggles though he has the Contour cam mounted on the side.
Lol I'll admit, I totally aim for that too. especially when it's top mounted.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:09 AM #47
DeceptionLeader
The True Rec Ball HERO!!

Quote:
Gotta love those guys. They can overshoot you but don't you dare overshoot them. God forbid you shoot a stream at them and the first one hits...smh...they expect you to somehow rundown the remaining balls flying through the air at almost 200mph and stop them from hitting him too LOL

And Yes!!!! I've been told, "Yo you know it don't take all that right" (when rolling my gear bag to a staging area),"You wearing a jersey in the woods *laughter* You are going to be easy to find" and then all the funny looks for wearing paintball specific clothing. Such a shame. But they never have anything to say when the day is done, their going home in welts and paint and I'm not.
What ive determined from those experiences im always up front when lets say castle to castle attacking....but there always in the back just shooting one ball......Honestly my flex is bright green/purple and even in a red shrt no one ever sees me in the woods...

NXT Tremor shocker!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 AM #48
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y

Lol I'll admit, I totally aim for that too. especially when it's top mounted.
I don't mind that. I would too. We didn't take it as disrespect but found it funny. Like a situation of, "Oh worrrdd??? So the game hasn't even started yet, you're still on line paying admission and you are singling me out? Really now?!?! Okay.....Let's Go!!!" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeceptionLeader

What ive determined from those experiences im always up front when lets say castle to castle attacking....but there always in the back just shooting one ball......Honestly my flex is bright green/purple and even in a red shrt no one ever sees me in the woods...
We are the same way. Pushing the pace. Always up front. Seems the ones who want to talk the most trash are always the ones hiding out in back hoping for that lucky shot.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:21 AM #49
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Quote:
I don't mind that. I would too. We didn't take it as disrespect but found it funny. Like a situation of, "Oh worrrdd??? So the game hasn't even started yet, you're still on line paying admission and you are singling me out? Really now?!?! Okay.....Let's Go!!!" LOL
Yeah when I see them I always say "hey man, no disrepect meant, but you know I'm gonna be trying to shoot that all day now, right?". Usually we just both laugh, and go about our day.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:37 AM #50
DeceptionLeader
The True Rec Ball HERO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post
Yeah when I see them I always say "hey man, no disrepect meant, but you know I'm gonna be trying to shoot that all day now, right?". Usually we just both laugh, and go about our day.
Had a group of dads and kids come out like 4 weeks ago with BRIGHT WHITE walmart shoes on..i flat out said im gonna aim for those mini suns on your feet lol

NXT Tremor shocker!!!

Old 08-15-2012, 01:37 PM #51
VaughanBallaa
Awaiting Email Confirmation

VaughanBallaa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
VaughanBallaa has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
for me its "that guy" thats friends with your buddy so you have to chill with him to and try not to be a dick but when u see paintballs hitting him as your laning and hes running to his bunker for him to come out after EVERY round saying yea i got a bounce on my chest and foot.
What i wanna say is noo its on your shoulder i watched it hit you and theres the marking bud
VaughanBallaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM #52
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
We are the same way. Pushing the pace. Always up front. Seems the ones who want to talk the most trash are always the ones hiding out in back hoping for that lucky shot.
NAH YO THOSE ARE THE SNIPERS!!!11!!!

Unless you're shooting first strike rounds, don't talk to me about being some kind of paintball "sniper" with your A5 with a ton of useless **** strapped all over it. *waits for FreeEnterprise*

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 08-15-2012 at 03:54 PM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:59 PM #53
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Even with first strike rounds, if you suck, you suck. Just ask free enterprise.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:23 PM #54
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
NAH YO THOSE ARE THE SNIPERS!!!11!!!

Unless you're shooting first strike rounds, don't talk to me about being some kind of paintball "sniper" with your A5 with a ton of useless **** strapped all over it. *waits for FreeEnterprise*
Oh yeah...them. With the 20" rifled sniper barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
LOL

Old 08-15-2012, 04:26 PM #55
M6Dean

M6Dean owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
M6Dean has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
M6Dean has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
one weekend i played "that guy" was there. he had some limited edition bob long and couldnt stop talking about it. so we get to the field, and all he does is quickly run up to some tree and lay down ropes on everyone. now, if someone starts shooting 15bps at me i gladly switch to ramping myself to try and even the field a bit, but what are the rentals supposed to do? i wish my field would put an end to these guys and say semi only

Empire E-Vent/ Vforce Profiler
Empire Contact tz olive jersey and pants
M6Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:51 PM #56
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
I watched a "that guy" video on youtube recently. Dude titles the video to draw attention to the fact that he has a Luxe 1.5. First 50 secs of the video he looks like he is going to make some serious moves but then stops short and proceeds to spend the next 9 minutes sitting in the exact same spot firing shots off at God knows what until he is finally shot out

Old 08-15-2012, 04:53 PM #57
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
hahahahahahaha

Free Enterprise is most DEFINITELY "that guy".
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:34 PM #58
GhostJedai
I push buttons

Annual Supporting Member
GhostJedai is BST Trusted
GhostJedai has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai is Legendary
GhostJedai is attending Decay of Nations VII
GhostJedai supports Empire
Quote:
Oh yeah...them. With the 20" rifled sniper barrels

LOL
Oh dear LAWD that was me... with my first marker: PMI Piranha BL, I believe. The BL stood for "BottomLine," because the basic Piranhas didn't even come with one

Well, I figured I'd be a "sniper," being that I was a military crazed 18 year old, so I bought one of them, there fancy 21" CMI Thunderpig "3-piece" "tru-flight" rifled barrels. My first outing and all the young guns were in awe (I'm serious) while a few of the older guys just kinda shrugged.

This was about 10 years ago, now, so the nicest gun at the field was an e-cocker, but the barrel was decent, though it didn't make me shoot any farther or more accurate than a spyder-clone would normally shoot. /le sigh

I wouldn't say I was "that" guy, but I was very close to being him. In fact, that reminds me of a "That guy" story from the very same day... My best friend had a brief TG moment when we were lounging between games, flirting with the girl that was helping run the show. She was cute, and flirting back with me, so I dropped $2 in the tip jar. My friend came over and wanted to buy a gatorade, but only had a dollar, so he reached in, picked out the $2 I had just tipped her, and paid for the drink. I almost punched him.
Christ Krew #17

GhostJedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 PM #59
Bacalao

Bacalao owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bacalao is for the Gunfight
Bacalao has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bacalao has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
hahahahahahaha

Free Enterprise is most DEFINITELY "that guy".
who is free enterprise guy?
Bacalao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 PM #60
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hmm...I have to say your "that-guy" in the OP is someone who I can't stand.
Another "that-guy" I don't like is the know-it-all old-timer who plays by cheating, or just sits in the staging area the whole time, never really playing a game. I've seen quite a few of these at my field (I know someone is going to pick on me about this, but honestly I could care less about your personal opinion on a factual presentation of my observations.), they sit in the picnic area with a $1200 gun and full Dye gear, but never get out to play, or play one game, get spanked (or wipe like a windshield wiper to avoid getting spanked) and then retreat back to their corner of the staging area and put up a defensive wall of big talk.

Hee hee, I'm going to get so flamed for this one...
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:33 PM #61
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
A recent outing gave me an opportunity to meet "that guy"
Played recball that day as the speedball field was pretty crowded and just wanted to have an easy day and kick back.

Anyway, a small group comes by (mostly friendly) with the exception of one. He was pretty quiet and didn't talk much.
I noticed him with his black/orange outfit to match his gun - Luxe (which is fine). Dude was playing on ramp against rentals as a walk on.

I didn't think much and continued to play on semi. Anyway in one game (woodsball), I and 2 other guys take the left side. I am in front of them with one to my left. We shoot out 2 and I notice "that guy" firing at us. he proceeds to just ramp to the guy behind me and I hear him clearly say "out". Needless to say he got +10 more balls after he said "out".
I kept it quiet as I knew he didn't know I was there. When he decides to walk and ramp to the right side of the field, that is when I popped out from behind the bunker and shoot him 3 times (2 belly, 1 mouth part of mask). So what does he do??? Jumps behind a bunker. I give him benefit of doubt and give him 4 seconds but peek out and fire two more (hitting his back) - not much of a bunker. He finally calls himself out and walks to the left.
Few seconds later as I'm behind my bunker, he walks behind me, puts his hand on my should and says something like "Yo, you don't have to shoot me so much" in an irritated/stern voice and walks away.

Needless to say, I bunker the last guy on their team shooting him once and shout in his direction, "is that good enough for you?"
I really wanted to also say, "how does my paint taste?" while he was cleaning the paint from his chin.
I kept an eye out for him the rest of the day and made sure I was the one to get him out.
seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:38 PM #62
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacalao View Post
who is free enterprise guy?
Just a clown who posts terrrible, terrible videos.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 PM #63
Get bunkered (Banned)

Get bunkered is playing at Living Legends V
Get bunkered supports Team VICIOUS
Get bunkered has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Get bunkered is attending Decay of Nations VI
"that guy" for me is the person who has nicer gear but has no skill and talks **** on everyone else because they don't have the most expensive gun on the market
Get bunkered is offline   Reply With Quote