Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-06-2012, 06:32 PM #1
dannyboy768

Problems with my Matrix

Sorry for posting all these questions, but I finally got my hands on a board to test this thing out. Ive had it for like 8 months just sitting in my room. Anyways, the gun wont shoot. The solenoid clicks, but it seems that air isnt getting to the noid. I played with LPR and HPR and nothing. I tried changing the battery.

I cleaned and lubed both my LPR and HPR. I even cleaned and lubed the noid. I know that I have my HPR (Hyper 2) assembled right but Im not too sure about the LPR (PBC). Ive looked all over the internet for an exploded picture of the PBC LPR and I cant find one. The one in the uber sticky is gone, and theres nothing about it in the Matrix History guide or Matrix Maintenace guide.

I also tried to push the bolt into the forward position, then aired up the gun. The bolt didnt go to the back position..thats why Im guessing the noid isnt getting air..help?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3996596
dannyboy768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM #2
Scatlm
equilibrium

1. Make sure the eyes are off. The board should read "IR off." LCD boards (depending on the model) can have two different ways of turning the eyes off, most likely you'll have to click the middle button to set it on "LIVE" mode and then hold the trigger down for 5 seconds, it'll read; "Hold" and then "IR off."

2. While the gun is degassed, Screw the LPR all the way in (meaning the gun will act as-if there is no LPR) and depressurize the HPR all the way.

Then gas it up, and try pressurizing the HPR little by little ... the HPR might've over-pressurized and then you'll get exactly what you described as a result .. you'll hear the 'noid click but no pneumatic movement at all.
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:05 PM #3
dannyboy768

I'll try this once I get air tomorrow. So no one can tell me the order of the PBC LPR parts or a picture or anything?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3996596
dannyboy768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:15 AM #4
Scatlm
equilibrium

..I'm looking for a PBC schematic or blow-up pic myself ...maybe someone else can chime in and provide one.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:43 AM #5
BonesJackson
Legendary

I was lazy and used to just link to the one on MatrixOwner.com, but that died and I don't think I ever saved the pictures.

It goes like... reg base, tiny spring, pin, reg seat (same one used in AutoMags), piston and the incredibly important piston o-ring, orange spring, cap.

There. That's a text diagram.
BonesJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 AM #6
speedy2k4
BSH University

Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:29 AM #7
BonesJackson
Legendary

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Hey sweet I didn't forget anything either.
BonesJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:36 AM #8
Scatlm
equilibrium

Oh snap. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:52 AM #9
speedy2k4
BSH University

Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
Lots of older regulators use the same design, just different sized parts. Bob long, I think some WGP, etc.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:22 AM #10
Scatlm
equilibrium

Yeah to be honest, I've never had to rebuild a single PBC, but I did get some that were already leaking in some lots I bought a while back and I havent gotten around to rebuilding 'em.