Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-06-2012, 05:16 AM #1
Lonestar2222012

stock g4

I am looking at getting a new gun all i have been using is my phantom for the last 7 years (yeah im a dinosaur) and Im looking at the g4 for a good tourney gun and i no where am i seeing bps caps or what the stock gun is capable does it have psp ramping what do i need if i buy this gun for competitive play?
Lonestar2222012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2012, 08:36 AM #2
theassassassin
Chuck a Deuce Crew

theassassassin plays in the APPA beginner division
theassassassin has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The stock G4 board will do 35 bps ramping, now the mechanics may not allow that, but the Techt L7 bolt engine and dwell adjustments gets it pretty close. It has psp at 12bps, Melennium, semi, nxl auto. ROF is adjustable. You can play competively with it stock really. The TechT L7 bolt engine is an incredible upgrade, and the barrel is a bit big, so that may be a wise investment. I may have one for sale if you are interested in actually buying!

reddit.com/r/paintball
theassassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 AM #3
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Current PSP rules state that you need 12.5bps. The g4 is not capable of fractional rate of fires. If you are cool with 12bps, then you are fine.

There are aftermarket boards available. The APE OLED would be the best choice. It has awesome settings and will handle your fractional ROF.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:07 PM #4
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Current PSP rules state that you need 12.5bps. The g4 is not capable of fractional rate of fires. If you are cool with 12bps, then you are fine.

There are aftermarket boards available. The APE OLED would be the best choice. It has awesome settings and will handle your fractional ROF.
but it is 12.5bps MAX for PSP, you are not required to shoot 12.5, as long as you are shooting <12.6.

Also, Virtue offers their Redefined and OLED boards for the G4 as well. I have found Virtue's programming is somewhat easier than other boards, and this Instructions are written at about a 5th grade reading level, so just about ANYONE can understand them, even my grandfather or tech retarded wife.

The G4 is ready to shoot heads off otta the box, but the absolute minimum upgrade I suggest is a new barrel.
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"

Last edited by Team_ILLNatured : 08-06-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:11 PM #5
Lonestar2222012

appreciate the help you guys. How about the asa blowing o-rings has this been fixed? also I hear speedball guns req a lot of maint. define "lots of maint" is it merely taking the gun apart at the end of the day and cleaning and lubing it? or is there something else
Old 08-06-2012, 04:16 PM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
the ASA will only blow orings when you mess with the position of the asa. It is adjustable by loosening the set screws that hold it in place. If you adjust it to much to where the bleed hole gets blocked by a screw or the rail, it will blow orings when aired up or degassed. It was never a problem, just user error.

The g4 should only require you to lube the bolt once the night before you play. Youl want to make sure you lube it with a quality lube. I like the following greases

- lurker lube
- monkey poo
- violent pb jelly
- techt gun sav
- dye lube

Now, the g4 (when first released) had issues with the solinoid and bolt sticking. This is because the factory dp40 lube is GARBAGE.

the best thing you can do for your g4 when you first get it is to follow this thread

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3457681

After a relube of the noid and regulator, the bolt will only have to be greased the night before you play. Thats it.

Servicing the bolt is doable in under 5 min. You just unscrew the backcap, slide out the bolt, wipe it clean and then apply new grease (dont go overboard, a thin layer is all you need)

Dump valve markers, by design, require the bolt to be lubed often because the grease does not stay on the bolt very long. I find that doing it the night before has always worked the best.

Also remember to unplug your battery when you are done playing, this will keep the battery lasting a little longer. A bad battery can cause the gun to shoot terrible. It should always be the first thing you check if you have problems.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:31 PM #7
Lonestar2222012

much appreciated I will put this marker at the top of my list. Now all I need is a team that will take a fossil that played stockclass. and teach him how to do speedball
Old 08-06-2012, 04:35 PM #8
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
"Speedball" guns don't require too much maint. get yourself something other than that DP40 crap they send with the G4(or used to send, i dunno if they still do) and get some Hatersauce 2.0 or Monkey Poo. I used the Hater myself, and have not had any issues since I switched.
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Old 08-06-2012, 04:36 PM #9
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
and as for finding a team, go to your Reigonal forum on PBN, and post in your state that you are lookin for a team!
My ShEGO project!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 PM #10
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
MONKEY POO!

Sorry just like saying it. But, it is good lube too. That's what I use