Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-10-2012, 03:27 PM #148
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Surrender rules are retarded. Most of the time, I end up getting spun on and shot by the person (usually a renter) who is surprised I got so close.

My usual outdoor summer field doesn't have rentals (thank god), but my indoor winter field does. I won't full-on bunker a renter, but I will one-ball them in the foot or another non-painful body part. F**k a surrender rule.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2012, 03:42 PM #149
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer

firebirdjimbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firebirdjimbo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firebirdjimbo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Of course the camping. When everyone is just sitting behind a bunker not moving because they know someones crawling around out there somewhere and dont want to walk into his path. But that's always cured by flanking.

Email/paypal: firebirdjimbo@yahoo.com
always buying failed polishing projects/ugly bastards
firebirdjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:51 PM #150
Rome494

I love the fort rats and bunker huggers. It's part of the game we love to play what you must do as a player is find a way to get them in the fight
Rome494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM #151
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
The coat kid tried to convince me this other dude was an elite soldier pointing out that he was wearing full jungle camo bdu's. I said, "Too bad the Iraqi's have higher tech camo ACU's than him."

What bothers me also about woodsball fields is people trying to look like grunts out of basic training, when the special forces did not even wear combat boots [extremely uncomfortable and blister prone]. They wore white t-shirts, cargo pants and a baseball cap. But I guess this is woods, so camo does work somewhat. I just don't understand when you try to go all out looking like a regular joe shmoe basic soldier that doesn't know what he is doing. Why encumber yourself from playing paintball with all this heavy **** and thick clothing you don't need. The special forces did not even carry as much **** as some of these military wannabees outside the wire. They try so hard to look like something they aren't, and completely miss the point. The combat arms soldiers are issued jersey camo long sleeve t-shirts that wick away sweat now. They are very close to tournament paintball jerseys. Get with the times.

I guess it just makes it easier for me when they wear their uncle's old bdu's, because they will wear out in the heat quicker.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 09-10-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:46 PM #152
fuelnfire

ROFLMFAO Subterfuge. That made my day. I hate random non standard rules. I decided to play a bit of walk on at a local woodsball field rather than my speedball field, and the first thing that hit me was the fact that with a membership, I get evil for 60 bucks at my field, and this woodsball field wanted 75 for a case of dxs field... Oh well, I brought out my pump, joined up with a group, and started playing. Within 10 minutes, I was was sprinting up an urban city mock up, and managed to hit a guy twice in the mask. He immediately jumped up and ran straight for me firing a solid stream... Oh well. I began walking off wondering wtf just happened and I noticed everyone was getting hit but not walking off, but screaming MERCY constantly at the top of their lungs. After the game ended, they explained that people only go out if they take too much pain, and you must scream mercy if you want to go out. They also explained that if you wanted someone to surrender you must also scream mercy to tell them you want to give then an option to surrender which they can refuse by shooting you and running. I mean, really? Mercy to walk off ANNND mercy as a question? The hell?
fuelnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:11 PM #153
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

The fake "soldiers" are the worst. Especially the ones wearing patches they haven't earned.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:25 PM #154
fuelnfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
The fake "soldiers" are the worst. Especially the ones wearing patches they haven't earned.
Oh man. I don't know how prevalent it is in the states but as a Canadian soldier for 3 years it slightly irks me to see 82nd patches and 75th tabs everywhere. If thy dont flaunt it about and spout jargon im okay, but once they bring out their "weapons training and tactics" or start lecturing me on United States unit histories it bugs me to no end. Like your milsig m4 was anything like the c7 i lugged around. I was admittedly an engineer but I saw combat and I saw the 82nd by Bagram once a few years back as well, (had a minor fangasm as i was i think 19 at the time.
fuelnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:54 PM #155
inferno2inferno

The thing I hate the most about wood/rec ball is the fake soldiers. Although no longer a soldier myself, I still hold people in the armed and police forces in very high regard. When you get to a field and find people in camo rocking a 98C and talking about breach and clears, sniping, and hcore firefights I always raise my eyebrows, because ten out of ten times that boaster just runs to the back of the field when the ref says go and takes inaccurate pot shots at everything and calls himself out as soon as someone gets close. Paintball an real armed conflict are two different things and it offends me to think that some recballers think they can call themselves soldiers with no experience or ability.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 PM #156
PistolPaul2
Be Nice, Have fun

PistolPaul2 is playing at Living Legends VI
The guy that thinks im stupid and i suck because i use a pump. and then when we get out on the field im all over him. I try to match up with him and most of the time i prevail
PistolPaul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 PM #157
Angrypencils

I planned on posting based on the topic set by the thread title, but by the time I got to page 6 I was just totally disheartened.... but here it is anyway:

I hate the 12 year olds who walk in acting like a general because they got a brand new shiny electric marker and they think it makes them amazing. They yell at you to move up, and it's like... you must not know anything about paintball, otherwise you wouldn't be telling all of us to rush into those three lanes of paint flying at us right now.

I don't mind 12 year olds with electro's, we all gotta start at some age, some are just younger than others. Just annoying to listen to their voice telling me to run into a paintball. Reminds me too much of xbox live...
Angrypencils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:11 PM #158
Hashish
Science is all metaphor.

Hashish owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hashish has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hashish has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The people that think Gillie suits actually work.

Oh look.. a random bush that doesn't look like any of the others anywhere..
Ebay - 26/0/0 - up to date -
Hashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:39 AM #159
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashish View Post
The people that think Gillie suits actually work.

Oh look.. a random bush that doesn't look like any of the others anywhere..

Those random bushes don't work because the person wearing them doesn't understand basic camo design. Otherwise they work great, ask anyone who wears them for hunting or dare I say it those that go through Sniper School for the Military.

If you take the time to make it right, it will work wonders.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:47 AM #160
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side

Those random bushes don't work because the person wearing them doesn't understand basic camo design. Otherwise they work great, ask anyone who wears them for hunting or dare I say it those that go through Sniper School for the Military.

If you take the time to make it right, it will work wonders.
You're right about that. For a large scenario game adorned on someone who knows how to use it its a big advantage but for a regular 15 min rec game it's a silly.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:51 PM #161
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
I hate when I get put on a team with people who are all, well, I guess you'd call them Mil-Sim. I dont mind playing on the team if they are decent and are just at the place to play. But it seems that they tend to be the more arrogant ones. They think since the few of them play as a group that they can command the whole team.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 AM #162
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dark Side is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
You're right about that. For a large scenario game adorned on someone who knows how to use it its a big advantage but for a regular 15 min rec game it's a silly.
Had a buddy of mine who wore one regularly for our longer scenario games. He was a pain in the *** to get out. Mostly because he would just lay there and radio info back to us on what was going on. Recon was his strong suit.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:07 PM #163
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
What I hate about rec ball the most, actually paintball in general...

The whiny little girls who *****,piss and moan about what everyone else is wearing or doing instead of just playing and having fun..just like those they are complaining about are doing.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:36 PM #164
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
What I hate about rec ball the most, actually paintball in general...

The whiny little girls who *****,piss and moan about what everyone else is wearing or doing instead of just playing and having fun..just like those they are complaining about are doing.
/thread
Old 09-24-2012, 05:51 PM #165
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPaul2 View Post
The guy that thinks im stupid and i suck because i use a pump. and then when we get out on the field im all over him. I try to match up with him and most of the time i prevail
this. im constantly looked down upon by new players when i play woodsball because i use a pump.

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:10 PM #166
alexjordan1
@@@Alex@@@

alexjordan1 supports Pev's Paintball
alexjordan1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
alexjordan1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
alexjordan1 is attending Decay of Nations VI
the kids that hide in the back bunkers and shoot eachother in the foot.....
and lets not forget about the ones who hide and blindfire cause they dont wanna get hit..
alexjordan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:39 PM #167
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatedNubbycake View Post
this. im constantly looked down upon by new players when i play woodsball because i use a pump.
Well, the reason for this is probably because a lot of kids who shoot pump are doing it to be "different", and quite honestly suck at it. If you can get G's with a pump, you'll get respect.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:26 PM #168
happykillmore19

happykillmore19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
happykillmore19 supports Empire
first time i saw someone using a pump i didn't think much of him

now i don't care who it is...if i see the other team and they have pumps...i'm weary...they are rediculous makers in the right hands

1st time i've been out in proboly 7 years this year, i had a speedballar tell me i was crap, my marker was crap, and that he'd crap all over me

like thats suppose to get new people into the sport...i didn't even know the guy but he made sure to let me know how awesome he is
happykillmore19 is offline   Reply With Quote