Old 09-06-2012, 11:46 PM #127
espin679

espin679 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
espin679 posts videos on PbNation
espin679 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
espin679 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign797 View Post

Now when I go play in the woods with my ego or shocker on semi, I hope I'm still welcome, because I still play like a woodsballer I just shoot a whole **** ton faster
Cant agree more with your entire post really.

Last weekend a person walked onto Battle creek NJ woodsball with a DP FX with Ups set it to 20-24 BPS on full auto and when he got told to take it off he got pissed. "its like owning a ferarri and going the speed limit"... No ****, almost all people with ferarris go the speed limit 90% of the time. your occasional spirited "speeding" should be psp or ramping FFS. not blasting the rentals to holy hell. This guy was was mid 30's and *****ed like he was 12. THAT is what i hate about woods ball. I own a Dp G3 spec R with ups and chill at ramping and shoot @ semi speeds until i realized im paired against someone with a high end gun then let the 12.5 BPS ramping flow.

PS: I also hate those fearless 10-13 year olds that just run up to you and shoot. I give them Alot of props for having balls. I cant shoot a less then 15/16 year old using a rental at short distances... **** hurts and i dont want them to not want to play a around. I always get shot instead
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 PM #128
dertydood

dertydood owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dertydood plays in the APPA D5 division
dertydood has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The brush tends to get too thick. Other than that, it's fun!

Link to my APPA: http://paintball-players.org/cgi-bin...vaaRpMHFWWoGIL
dertydood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:04 AM #129
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by espin679 View Post
Cant agree more with your entire post really.

Last weekend a person walked onto Battle creek NJ woodsball with a DP FX with Ups set it to 20-24 BPS on full auto and when he got told to take it off he got pissed. "its like owning a ferarri and going the speed limit"... No ****, almost all people with ferarris go the speed limit 90% of the time. your occasional spirited "speeding" should be psp or ramping FFS. not blasting the rentals to holy hell. This guy was was mid 30's and *****ed like he was 12. THAT is what i hate about woods ball. I own a Dp G3 spec R with ups and chill at ramping and shoot @ semi speeds until i realized im paired against someone with a high end gun then let the 12.5 BPS ramping flow.

PS: I also hate those fearless 10-13 year olds that just run up to you and shoot. I give them Alot of props for having balls. I cant shoot a less then 15/16 year old using a rental at short distances... **** hurts and i dont want them to not want to play a around. I always get shot instead
Did he really use that Ferrari analogy? If it were there I would have had to jump in and make him feel like an idiot. Brought to his and everyones attention how lame he is for needing to shoot 24bps full auto in a walk-on game.

As for the 10-13 year old kids, they would get shot by me. Just one ball to the chest or goggles. Just so they think again about running up on me next time lol

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:52 AM #130
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by espin679 View Post
This guy was was mid 30's and *****ed like he was 12. THAT is what i hate about woods ball.
That's not a woodsball specific problem. He'd be doing the same thing on an airball field.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 AM #131
SamareI

Just one particular bushwookie who wears padded camo pb gear/full head mask with a layer if cloaths underneath who has stick forts built all over. He runs up just a bit and gets into a fort which usually has a safe side (tape or barrier) pokes his long apex 2 through the sticks and peaks through. You can splatter him but not hit him ( stick fort ) while he Raines cheap/hard paint down on everything. Over sized hopper in some tippy thing. It's like a machine gun nest. What sucks us getting bonus balls all day long. His paint is usually so crappy that you get hit 10+ times and might not even have a break. Just welts. But u have to take cover to paint heck because he just keeps on shooting. He is not afraid to shoot half a case in a 10-15 minute woodsball game. That's why he buys cheap paint. Only things I have found effective is to draw his fire while somebody flanks, wait until out of gas because he shoots constantly, or make sure he is on my team. Many a game won while crawling forward with full auto walLmart paint whizzing overhead on my way to the flag.
SamareI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:14 AM #132
xCharlie Murphy

I hate it when fields provide rental equipment that sticks out like a sore thumb (ie yellow masks and blue hoppers).
xCharlie Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:16 AM #133
madflo
Noob with Skills

madflo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
madflo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
madflo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
madflo has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCharlie Murphy View Post
I hate it when fields provide rental equipment that sticks out like a sore thumb (ie yellow masks and blue hoppers).
what field is this?
E-FLEX

Capital Edge Paintball Park
FOR SALE:
madflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:51 AM #134
J2Nasty

I hate woods ball b/c of all the retards that come there with all there tippmanns looking like real assault weapons...... when the game starts they stay as far back and do there so called sniping....... and if i push ahead to fast they friendly fire me b/c there ****ing retarded....... i think pretty much every time i play woods ball at a local field with a few of my friends trying to get them into the sport i yell IM ON UR TEAM atleast 3 or 4 times threw out the day...... i hate people who dont call themself out after i basted there hopper or there mask..... i know i shot them they dont pop out for a whole min (to allow proper wipe) and all of a sudden they wanna pop out again........ then they wonder y we run up on them and bunker them....... if u got out the first time i shot u u wouldnt of got bunkered....... lol
J2Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:18 PM #135
Rocburn

bad guns and thin trees
Rocburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:39 PM #136
xCharlie Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madflo View Post
what field is this?
Battle Creek= Yellow masks

Paintball Depot= Blue hoppers
xCharlie Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:01 AM #137
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

I had a rather weird day in recball woodsball. I could of sworn I nailed this guy in the face more than a couple of times. I would see the splat, but he would pop back up clean.

What I hate about woodsball is the weird rules people make on the fly that aren't universal. Like gun hits don't count, or you aren't allowed to shoot through this specific window because you might get hit in the neck. One of the most hated things I have encountered is people calling me out, without even taking a shot 50+ feet away without even having a shot on me. Today I was told I was given "mercy"; he could of shot me because I was too close. [too close to him was 50+ feet WTF?]

Here is how it happened.
While this guy was shooting my frontman, I ran in through the back of the woods behind the frontman, then bunkered the dude in front of him. Unfortunately when I did this one of my three rounds missed the opposing player's mask and hit him in the neck. I reached out and touched his shoulder saying, "Sorry man, I didn't mean to do that." As I was feeling bad about what I did, this other guy in a coat [it was 95 degrees out] says I am out. I look at him all confused. He says, "YOU'RE OUT, GET OUT!"
"Uhhhhh where did you hit me I didn't feel anything?"
"I called you out."
"WTF?"
"I could of shot you!"
"Dude, just play."
I fire one shot at him to tuck him in. We start snapshooting, but then he does this weird thing where he exposes his entire body while squatting. I easily shoot him in the face. He starts screaming at me, but I don't care because I think he's ridiculous. The rest of my team is still alive and I start coordinating with the frontman I saved to take out the last guy. As we are about to start flanking, the last guy get's eliminated.

As we walk back to get more paint, the coat guy starts yelling that I cheated and should of called myself out. I told him I didn't understand why he didn't shoot me if he had the shot. [he definitely didn't] I brought members of my other team to my bunker and his bunker so they could see how far this guy was when he called me out. They started thinking he was out of his mind also. He said, "Next time I am just going to shoot you close range I'm not even going to care." [he says this as if he is going to get revenge....what the?]
I say, "You go ahead and do that, I am used to it"

We play the last game, and he is all over me trying to take me out. I slip in this mud and my marker flies out of my hands. He is still shooting me, but the paint bounces off the sides of my body. I manage to grab my marker and slide further into cover. I start snapshooting, but the dude freaks out or something, he runs to the back of the field. I am not going to discuss how I get close to people easily, but anyway I manage to get a bunker within 30 feet of their bunker without them knowing I was there. There are two opposing players behind this fallen tree, the weird coat guy is one of them. I peek out real low and aim carefully for the coat guy's mask. He's looking really far in the distance, not knowing that I am right up on him. I shoot one shot and I could of sworn I smacked him in the face. But he pops out again clean. I am debating whether or not I should bunker both of them when one of them makes a run for it.

This is the second thing I hate. I have to triple check before I bunker someone. There is always someone hiding behind the guy in front of me that I can't possibly see, because there is no possible way for me to hit this invisible person from where I am at. The only time he can hit me is when I am in the middle of trying to bunker some dude. The best way to solve this problem is to count all the opposing team on the opposite side of the field. If you can get a count of all the players, it's bunker time. Other than that it's a 50 50 chance the camper is not looking in the direction of the player about to get bunkered.

I get shot 3 times in the face so I call myself out.

He says, "I shot you when you slipped in the mud. You cheated and played on."
I said, "I felt bounces and I checked to see if I was out, but nothing broke.....wait is that why you wiped the hit to your mask, because you thought I played on past my hits?"

Anyway he starts his weird campaign to d evaluate me by projecting his fears onto me as if I had them.
He says, "I know why you called yourself out the last game. You were scared of getting hit that close."
"Dude, I called myself out because I was hit three times in the face!"
"No you are afraid of pain."
"If I am so afraid of pain, why the hell am I wearing a t-shirt and initiating engagements close range? You are the one wearing the coat in 95 degree weather."

I wanted to have fun day, but I was so weirded out by this dude, I decided it was best to just leave. I think it would of been good to challenge him 1 vs 1 without a shirt on, because I believe I let an insult go unchallenged when I left. Unfortunately, I thought of this as I was leaving the field.

Being called out 50+ feet away is not the first time this happened to me. It usually happens right after I go on a rampage and it is always on a woodsball field. I wonder if it's because it's like a nightmare they can't stop, so their reaction is curling up in a ball and making up rules to get rid of the threat. One day I took out 3 people in the space of 15 seconds [they were all in range and none of them decided to take cover] then this dude I just eliminated says I'm out.
"What the?"
"He's over there and he called you out."
I'm looking around, "where is this guy?" He's peeking out through this tiny hole in a building not even in position to eliminate me. The other three gang up on me and say, "You are out, so we are still in!" I call for a ref, but the ref doesn't want to move. I start laughing hard and say, "You know what? I don't care, I know I took you all down. **** you guys!" I walk out.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 09-10-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:18 AM #138
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

^^^ One question: WHERE ARE THE REFS?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 AM #139
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
@Subterfuge

Sounds like a field, if I were you, that I wouldn't be returning too. I don't do that long distance surrender rule BS. Especially from 50ft away. That's ridiculous. And if the refs were as useless as you say then that's even more reason not to go back.
That's one of those fields that I classify as true newbie/renter fields. Absurd rules and inept refs.

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 AM #140
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

I save money by going to an outlaw field. I don't make enough to go to blow it on a certified field. The other field I mentioned was a certified field. There was this dude that was a ref, that said he was in the delta force, [which is how I know he was lying]. I called him multiple times to check me, but he was afraid to go where I was or something. I think I had 3 people locked into the bunker I was snapshooting from. The refs from that certified field are really lazy, but when they see me come onto the field, they purposely give the other team 3 to 4 more people.

Woodsball feels really slow when I play a bunch of speedball. Trying to find people in woodsball, after many games of speedball, is like finding a needle in a haystack. My adrenaline is telling me to keep running, but it usually ends up in my early elimination. Half the time, I don't know where I was shot from. Sometimes in woodsball I stand out in the open, bobbing and weaving. No one tries to shoot me until I stand still for a very long time. If they know how I play, they know it is prudent not to give away their position. They know that I just want to know where they are so I can take them out. Sometimes I will be standing in the middle of the field asking, "Will somebody just SHOOT me?!" and nothing happens. I know there are still people on the field, but they are camping somewhere.

If I take my time and just relax, it starts to become fun. I am always wondering if someone I don't see is trying to flank me or bunker me though. Everytime I try to use a fort, the other team doesn't even want to attack. We get bored and leave the fort to finish the game or something.

Another thing I hate that happens in outlaw and even certified woodsball fields, is when good bunkers get moved or destroyed.
[certified field example]
I used this building as a way to get to the other [lazy or stupid] team's 20 on the break. I would usually take down 3 or 4 people before getting eliminated. It was freaking fun running down hallways surprising people and gunning them down. At the entrance to their mid 20 I would eliminate the guy using the bunker just outside the building and dive behind it.
The next week, there was a hole punched through the building to the other side so I couldn't safely just run down the hallway. Problem solved, I just ran with my marker shooting through the hole. I took down more people this way as they tried to run up the stairs to the tower. The next week there was another hole punched through it down the hallway that led to the other team's 20. I solved that by gunning down the person that was peeking through the hole as I ran for the 20. The next week someone bashed a giant crater in the wall [big enough for a fat man to jump through] and put obstacles in the way so I couldn't just run through the hallway. Then the next week another crater was punched through the corner of the hallway, so it was impossible for me to run through without being shot from any angle of the other team's side. Now this running through the building and destroying people could of been easily solved if the other team sent someone to the 50, [I did this when I was placed on the other side] but because they were lazy or scared they just punched holes through the hall ways. So they destroyed a perfectly good building that made the woodsball field more dynamic. Get this....the building was on the other team's side. The entrance was at their 40. Technically that building was for the other team.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 09-10-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 AM #141
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Sounds boring and ****ty. I wouldn't go back to that field.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:48 AM #142
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Eventually I'll move closer to better fields.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:09 PM #143
PumpStalker

PumpStalker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PumpStalker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I hate 'Safety Kill' rules more than anything else. It's one thing to apply to inexperienced rental players. But when a group of seasoned paintballers play at a field and have come to an agreement that the '15 foot no kill rule' is stupid and we don't need it because we're adults and we're still forced to follow it, I get pissed off to no end.
"Originally posted by BallSoHard2012: So YOU were the guys that stole those captures at the end of the main-game!? -Mack (MCM MVP)"
PumpStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:23 PM #144
espin679

espin679 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
espin679 posts videos on PbNation
espin679 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
espin679 is attending Decay of Nations VI
on these distance surrender rules... I thought it was a barrel tag to the body? I would never follow a distance rule.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:30 PM #145
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't like distance rules since one or two people can basically camp a flank while the rest of their team rushes the other side of the field. Also sticking barrels through holes in buildings/bunkers/brush becomes feasible. Messes up the flow of the game.

I don't approve of barrel tags at all. Physical contact in any form on the field is just asking for trouble.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:37 PM #146
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by espin679
on these distance surrender rules... I thought it was a barrel tag to the body? I would never follow a distance rule.
I've played someplace where the rule is "No shooting within 20ft". If you do YOU are automatically eliminated and the other person gets to stay in.
On one particular field that have this castle with flags at the top of these two towers. To get to the top there is a ramp. All a defending player has to do is get one foot on that ramp and call surrender for all the players in that tower to be automatically eliminated. The ramp is like 25-30 feet long and the tower is a big oval where players can easily sit behind cover. I think the rule is insanely stupid. Sadly the place has a few great scenario fields *deep exhale* so I deal with it

Old 09-10-2012, 01:58 PM #147
holson72

holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I despise surrender rules. I understand why they are in affect...but I would just prefer to get shot.