Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godcomplex5150

^This. I got my neck ripped open something fierce about 3-4 years ago. Called the kid over to the chrono after the match was up and he was ripping steady at 390. That was not a good day.

All the guys at work said it looked like a I got bit by a vampire with ring worm
Refs and field owners would have had to become security guards to have kept me from beating the life outta that kid. Call the cops if you want. My work would be done before they arrived.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2012, 04:08 PM #65
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Only thing that annoys me is the morons who have the 25 lb. milsim setup who talk like it actually has some bearing on performance, and makes sure that EVERYONE knows he's the uuuuber elite player that will eliminate the entire other team, then moves exactly 5 feet from the start and camps waiting for someone to walk past him and takes credit for everyone elses eliminations.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:23 PM #66
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Let it be known on these here forums that I actually contributed something to a discussion in these parts. I petition to let "Bushwookie" join the lexicon of acceptable paintball terms.

Bushwookie: noun

def: Term for ultra-newbish behavior wherein a party or parties camp an unused portion of the field with the hope of "pwning" people actually playing a game of paintball. These individuals will wait upwards of twenty minutes to catch an actual player unawares.

Note: Their bases may be overrun and the game could very well have actually ended sometime ago. This will not prevent said individuals from claiming to have "sniped", "blasted", or "pwned" the aforementioned player.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:29 PM #67
gunslinger84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nwyka View Post
speedballers in general.
I thought we were gonna be friends . . .
Old 09-03-2012, 07:34 PM #68
shredxcam

When people sit in a bush so long we forget about em and when the ref calls game over the emerge.

And that there is no real rec ball in Vegas
Old 09-03-2012, 08:01 PM #69
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17

CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
Let it be known on these here forums that I actually contributed something to a discussion in these parts. I petition to let "Bushwookie" join the lexicon of acceptable paintball terms.

Bushwookie: noun

def: Term for ultra-newbish behavior wherein a party or parties camp an unused portion of the field with the hope of "pwning" people actually playing a game of paintball. These individuals will wait upwards of twenty minutes to catch an actual player unawares.

Note: Their bases may be overrun and the game could very well have actually ended sometime ago. This will not prevent said individuals from claiming to have "sniped", "blasted", or "pwned" the aforementioned player.
I used bushwookie last time I played. It's already become an accepted term at my field hahaha
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:09 PM #70
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I never really minded people playing on ramp until two days ago when a guy drew a nice line all the way up my left side, knee to ear. Ramping is now on my list of **** I hate.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 PM #71
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
I've actually never played at a field that allows anything but semi on walk-on days.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 PM #72
gunslinger84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVeaglespaintball View Post
I used bushwookie last time I played. It's already become an accepted term at my field hahaha
*fist pumps*
Old 09-04-2012, 05:25 AM #73
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Quote:
Haha nice.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:17 PM #74
liquidfiretibby

Annual Supporting Member
liquidfiretibby is BST Legit
liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
is this at wpp?? i was there sunday. practiced with plan b n keystone united.

there are def a lot of bushwookies at wpp tho. this one kid disappered once and we had to go searching. he said he was just gonna wait for someone to come to him. it was ctf on lego land. no ones comin to you kid.

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:15 PM #75
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
I thought we were gonna be friends . . .
It isn't that I don't like speedball or speedballers, I've just seen too many complete retards playing recball like it's tournament speedball. I have met a lot of nice people, but if you're bringing your $1200 G6R out to play with rentals and newbies with $100 Tippmanns, there's a bit of a disconnect there. It's annoying when there's that one guy who doesn't need any skills because he's carrying a half-case of paint and spraying anything that moves at 12.5bps.
As for the crazy milsim people with their 25lb tricked out A5, they are also to blame for lighting people up, but I've seen far more people behind shiny new G6Rs and DM12s light people up than I have the scenario guy with an X7 Phenom.
I personally own one electronic marker. It's a Viewloader High Voltage from 2007, capped at 13 on semi, 9 on full-automatic, and 15 on 3-round burst. Typically, I use this marker either in a speedball environment (which isn't very often) or as a support weapon. Most of the time, I use a mechanical AutoCocker, shooting just as fast as that rental over yonder with his 98.
Again, I realize that there is a good person for every bad one, but lately at my field I've just been getting the bad ones.

I apologize for my amendment "speedballers in general." That was not a very mature thing to say, and I didn't really mean it to sound that way. Again, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to stir up a conflict.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011

Last edited by 2nwyka : 09-04-2012 at 02:27 PM.
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 PM #76
dragonight1843

those kids who say they got 20+ people out when there's only 10 people on the other team....

Under 18 an buy all my own gear.
dragonight1843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 PM #77
russc
Avratech Tech

russc posts videos on PbNation
russc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
People who take recball too seriously.

I'm there to relax and have a good time. I don't like to hear some twib flipping out like this and ripping through pods like it's a finals game.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:24 PM #78
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

^ THIS

Also, the hardcore woodsballers who yell at others to advance but will never lead the way. Instead they use others as pawns or meatsheilds because they are too scared of getting hit.
Infidel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:41 PM #79
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
It isn't that I don't like speedball or speedballers...
Here we go.... This is just like when someone starts out a statement with "I'm not a racist, but...."

Quote:
if you're bringing your $1200 G6R out to play with rentals and newbies with $100 Tippmanns, there's a bit of a disconnect there. It's annoying when there's that one guy who doesn't need any skills because he's carrying a half-case of paint and spraying anything that moves at 12.5bps.
As for the crazy milsim people with their 25lb tricked out A5, they are also to blame for lighting people up, but I've seen far more people behind shiny new G6Rs and DM12s light people up than I have the scenario guy with an X7 Phenom.
I'm confused.... it's about what guns they're carrying? What if the G6R is the only gun they own, should they not be allowed to play? Are you suggesting pod packs shouldn't be allowed either? BTW, you still need a lot of skill to eliminate players while shooting 12.5 ramping. If you didn't, then the PSP would be a cakewalk.

Quote:
I personally own one electronic marker. It's a Viewloader High Voltage from 2007, capped at 13 on semi, 9 on full-automatic, and 15 on 3-round burst. Typically, I use this marker either in a speedball environment (which isn't very often) or as a support weapon. Most of the time, I use a mechanical AutoCocker, shooting just as fast as that rental over yonder with his 98.
Translation: "Look at me, I shoot an old POS gun! BUDGET BALLER! BUDGET BALLER!" Guys like this just cry for attention all day long. Give it a rest, no one cares what gun you shoot.

Quote:
I apologize for my amendment "speedballers in general." That was not a very mature thing to say, and I didn't really mean it to sound that way. Again, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to stir up a conflict.
Noah
You apologize for your previous comment, while basically trashing & generalizing speedballers yet again in this one. Nice.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 09-04-2012 at 04:44 PM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:46 PM #80
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc
People who take recball too seriously.

I'm there to relax and have a good time. I don't like to hear some twib flipping out like this and ripping through pods like it's a finals game.
You need to remember that everyones approach to sports, even at the recreation level, is not the same. So we're as you may just be out for the fun of playing and not care much about competition or winning doesn't mean that everyone else has to play as nonchalant as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel1
^ THIS

Also, the hardcore woodsballers who yell at others to advance but will never lead the way. Instead they use others as pawns or meatsheilds because they are too scared of getting hit.
Now that I HATE!!! If you are going to be that competitive then LEAD the team. Play up front making the moves. Don't sit behind players, barking orders, waiting for them to be shot out so that you know where the opposition is hiding. That's lame and extremely *****.

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 09-04-2012, 05:33 PM #81
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Here we go.... This is just like when someone starts out a statement with "I'm not a racist, but...."

I fail to see the connection there...I'm stating the fact that I do not hate speedball or speedballers. A connection to racism really doesn't help anyone.

I'm confused.... it's about what guns they're carrying? What if the G6R is the only gun they own, should they not be allowed to play? Are you suggesting pod packs shouldn't be allowed either? BTW, you still need a lot of skill to eliminate players while shooting 12.5 ramping. If you didn't, then the PSP would be a cakewalk.

In a way, it is about the marker they're using. This isn't to say that the marker is everything, but in a recreational woodsball environment where there are typically younger kids out there with mechanical Spyders and Tippmanns and a few electronic markers, it's isn't beneficial to anyone to use your marker that can shoot faster and more accurately than anyone else's with the attitude of competitive paintball. Again, I'm not saying that people need to use slingshots and let rentals shoot them, but I am saying that people need to dial it back (sometimes waaaay back) depending on who they're playing against. I don't run through bunkering newbies at 13bps, even if I have the opportunity to. This doesn't help the sport grow.
Now, if the G6R is the only marker you own, then it would be nice if you dialed it back a little bit. If you're playing against people of the same class as you (i.e. fellow speedballers, regular woodsballers, experienced hybrid players, etc...) then it's okay to go full out, but if you're playing against the rental groups then you'll need to lower your cap, play hopperball, or just don't go as hard. This does nothing but drive people away from the sport.

Translation: "Look at me, I shoot an old POS gun! BUDGET BALLER! BUDGET BALLER!" Guys like this just cry for attention all day long. Give it a rest, no one cares what gun you shoot.

Here I think you don't really have a good argument so you're just making a personal attack.
Is it my fault that I can't afford a brand new Ego or G6R or DM12? Heck, I can't even afford any electropneumatic short of an Ion. Am I supposed to be labeled a "Budget Baller" because my money goes towards school instead of the latest and greatest paintball gun?

You apologize for your previous comment, while basically trashing & generalizing speedballers yet again in this one. Nice.

Indeed. I apologize because it's the right thing to do.
I still hold fast to my point. Speedballers who bring tournament paintball to the recreational WOODSBALL field get on my nerves. Recball is to have fun, and playing like you're in a tournament all the time is not fun to me. This thread asked for an opinion, I offered one, and was instantly attacked for my viewpoint.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:15 PM #82
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Quote:
I still hold fast to my point. Speedballers who bring tournament paintball to the recreational WOODSBALL field get on my nerves. Recball is to have fun, and playing like you're in a tournament all the time is not fun to me. This thread asked for an opinion, I offered one, and was instantly attacked for my viewpoint.
Noah
Attacks aside, Im guilty of what you hate... but help me with something.

I have tourney gear but like playing woodsball once and a while.. what do you want me to do
a) not play
b) go buy all new gear for something that Im only going to use 3x a year?
Infidel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 PM #83
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Your viewpoint wouldn't get instantly attacked, were it not so transparent. You say you don't hate speedballers, then spend your entire posts attacking them.

Quote:
In a way, it is about the marker they're using. This isn't to say that the marker is everything, but in a recreational woodsball environment where there are typically younger kids out there with mechanical Spyders and Tippmanns and a few electronic markers, it's isn't beneficial to anyone to use your marker that can shoot faster and more accurately than anyone else's with the attitude of competitive paintball.
It's the ref's decision who plays on what team. Blame the refs if the teams are mismatched, not the players. Also, everyone's gun shoots the field limit last time I checked.

Quote:
Again, I'm not saying that people need to use slingshots and let rentals shoot them, but I am saying that people need to dial it back (sometimes waaaay back) depending on who they're playing against. I don't run through bunkering newbies at 13bps, even if I have the opportunity to.
Neither do I, yet I'm one of the most competitive guys on the field while the game is happening. I didn't spend money on gear and paint to just sit back and chill out. I like to win. I don't need to use "EVIL RAMPING" on renters or anyone else for that matter, I shoot semi almost 100% of the time.

Quote:
if you're playing against the rental groups then you'll need to lower your cap, play hopperball, or just don't go as hard.
I choose not to play with renters, ever. My local outdoor field doesn't have rentals available, and I love it. It keeps the corporate team-building douchebags and the pre-teen birthday party crowd away.

When I play at my indoor field during the winter, the refs are smart enough to divide the crowd into experienced players and renters. Each group plays three games at a time all day long, seperately. If there are too few people and they're forced to mix the groups, the refs split up the experienced players.

It sounds to me like your field needs new refs.

Quote:
This does nothing but drive people away from the sport. This doesn't help the sport grow
The sport is what it is. People shoot each other, there is pain(t) involved. Most sane, rational people have this figured out by the time they have to sign a waiver to get in. Using your logic, we should just throw feathers at one another... y'know, because that'll grow the sport faster!
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:27 PM #84
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Im going to go on a slight tangent.
What I hate most about this thread....is the repeated implication that rec ball = No competition or "Required Relaxed Play". Constantly with the, "Well if you want serious competition the enter a tournament". But rec ball is nothing more than people who play because they love the sport. No where does it say you must lack a competitive nature.

Why must everyone dial down their level of play to fit yours? Is it really because they are too intense or is it because many of you truly can't keep up?

And why is everyone's example ALWAYS one where their rec field is ALL renters, newbies and small kids??? If that's the scene at your field then WHY ARE YOU THERE????