Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-21-2012, 09:24 AM #1
Zay_48

Best mid-end?

Hey guys, once I get a job next summer, I'm planning on buying a speedball marker. I don't want low end, and high end might be too pricey, so what do you guys think is the best mid end marker? Axe, reflex, etc.

I want to buy new also

Thanks,
Zay
Zay_48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2012, 09:36 AM #2
white0ninja69
Jake

white0ninja69 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
white0ninja69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
white0ninja69 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
white0ninja69 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Id get an Axe. Also the etek and G5 could be choices for you. Axes in my opinion have the best stock triggers, solid asa's, decent boards, and okay barrels. Tho i have never shot a Reflex i have heard they dont have the best triggers, okay asa's, an okay board, and an okay barrel.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3916516
white0ninja69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:45 AM #3
Dragon235

Dragon235 plays in the PSP
Dragon235 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Dragon235 plays in the APPA beginner division
Dragon235 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If anyone you at your local field has any gun you're considering, try it and see what you like, once you get to the mid/high end range, gun choices are 50-60% preference and what works for you. I personally like the etek.

I know you said you want new, but if you look around a bit, you may be able to find a decent high end for the same price. A little bit ago 2011 G6Rs were going for 500-550; so for the price of a new mid-end you could get a excellent condition used high end.

Pull N C*ck Pump Paintball Team
Dragon235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:11 AM #4
pushc6

'12 Reflex Rail or Empire Axe.

Rail shoots great, low recoil, quiet, parts available everywhere, 100% user serviceable. Only real downside is it's a little more of a hog on air, but if you fill up between games, no problem.

Axe - Reliable, shoots well, slightly more recoil stock than the reflex, readily available for good prices, love the magnetic trigger. Down sides - non-user serviceable reg (you can but bye bye warranty) not as ergonomic as the reflex.

Can't go wrong with either IMO.
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:18 AM #5
kellan

kellan is playing at Living Legends VI
kellan owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports DLX Technology
With the price drop on the Drone DX it's definately the best mid-end out there.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3908640

I have an axe and I'd take a drone dx over my axe any day.
kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:45 AM #6
pushc6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellan View Post
With the price drop on the Drone DX it's definately the best mid-end out there.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3908640

I have an axe and I'd take a drone dx over my axe any day.
I won't get one until they fix the goofy "PSP mode"
Old 12-21-2012, 12:49 PM #7
Zay_48

Thanks guys, atm I am leaning more towards the axe. I also heard the reflex rail and the drone's trigger weren't up to par. Is this true?

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:49 PM #8
ihavesuperaids

ihavesuperaids plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
I won't get one until they fix the goofy "PSP mode"
then youre missing out. i shot one all last season. they are amazing guns
ihavesuperaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:58 PM #9
pushc6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zay_48 View Post
Thanks guys, atm I am leaning more towards the axe. I also heard the reflex rail and the drone's trigger weren't up to par. Is this true?

Thanks.
The 2012 reflex trigger is much nicer (IMO) than the 2011. The Axe does have a really nice trigger though.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:04 PM #10
pushc6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavesuperaids View Post
then youre missing out. i shot one all last season. they are amazing guns
Meh, is a drone dx worth the extra $50 over an axe? I personally don't think so and it comes down to personal preference. Neither gun is going make or break your game. The only real thing I like on the drone over the axe is the user serviceable reg, but then there's the whole PSP thing. There just is not a huge difference between reflexes, axes, drones, and other guns in their price range. Hell even old PMRs are great shooters for the $$$. It usually boils down to personal preference. If you take care of any of the above guns they will treat you well.

Last edited by pushc6 : 12-21-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:34 PM #11
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Axe reg is user-serviceable, although that would come down to the confidence & knowledge of the user...
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:53 PM #12
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Funny thing about "mid-end" (that should be "mid-range", but that's being picky), these days the performance and feature line between the mid and the high is so blurred that it's becoming irrelevant.

Heck, the Axe, if you were told just the features and performance stats, and we NOT told the price, you'd think it was a high end. Only reason people call it a "mid" these days is because it doesn't cost $900+. I'd still personally call it a "less expensive high end", along with Etek's and a few others.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:55 PM #13
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
What's your price range? And btw the Drone DX dropped in price to $430, so it's actually cheaper than the Axe. I would definitely get the Drone DX. Smoothest shooting gun at that price range. If not, than Axe would be my second vote. Do your research though, and see what you like.
dps093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:44 PM #14
OG-Eclipse
Ego 11 f/s/t pm me

OG-Eclipse is playing at Living Legends VI
OG-Eclipse supports Team VICIOUS
OG-Eclipse posts videos on PbNation
OG-Eclipse has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
OG-Eclipse is attending Decay of Nations VI
You can find an ego 10 for around 500$...I have an ego 11 and I love it so if you aren't trying to spend alot of money then I would go with an ego 10..

266+ 0-ebay feedback
OG-Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:54 PM #15
Zay_48

Well, i'm only 14 (15 in a month) and with a minimum wage summer job I might make 1000$ over the summer, so probably no more than $500 for a gun. Then, with the other $500, it'll be enough to buy a nice ninja 68/45, as I only have a steelie, a backup mask, a backup hopper, and whatever else The only 2 nice fields around my area are strictly semi, so I want a nice stock trigger, and when I get into tournament ball, I would rather shoot semi than ramp, it just seems more enjoyable to me.

Thanks again

Last edited by Zay_48 : 12-21-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 PM #16
pushc6

With that kind of money get an older PMR. ~200 and spend the rest on paint/goodies. I know you want the best new stuff out there but it's really not a huge difference, might as well save a little money on the gun and get more paint or other stuff. But this is all pointless when you are talking about a purchase 6 months from now, people will probably be hanging off the "axe v2's" nuts or the "drone dx 1.1" lol
Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 PM #17
R3DF0X
WHY!?

R3DF0X plays in the APPA D5 division
R3DF0X has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
R3DF0X supports DLX Technology
^theres no need to have all the newest gear, old gear works just fine. for your age id just pick up a good reliable used marker and save up your money. no need to go blow it all right away since you dont make much. use it to play more instead of having a bunch of extra gear.
R3DF0X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:31 PM #18
acabello72

acabello72 is BST Legit
acabello72 is playing at Living Legends VII
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DF0X View Post
^theres no need to have all the newest gear, old gear works just fine. for your age id just pick up a good reliable used marker and save up your money. no need to go blow it all right away since you dont make much. use it to play more instead of having a bunch of extra gear.
Honestly what this guy says! but if you're dead set on buying new I'd go with either the drone or the axe. The axe has a better trigger and is an all around good quality marker. The drone's trigger is ok, not as responsive as the axe but you'll have the smoothest shot in this price range and good efficiency for a spool. Once broken in, 8-9 pods is not uncommon. Plus with the price drop, you can put money towards a after market trigger and have the best of both worlds.
acabello72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:14 AM #19
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zay_48 View Post
Well, i'm only 14 (15 in a month) and with a minimum wage summer job I might make 1000$ over the summer, so probably no more than $500 for a gun. Then, with the other $500, it'll be enough to buy a nice ninja 68/45, as I only have a steelie, a backup mask, a backup hopper, and whatever else The only 2 nice fields around my area are strictly semi, so I want a nice stock trigger, and when I get into tournament ball, I would rather shoot semi than ramp, it just seems more enjoyable to me.

Thanks again
When it comes to tourney ball, depending on what format you play, you are required to shoot in certain modes. For example, PSP and its affiliate leagues require ramp capped at 12.5 bps. NPPL and its affiliate leagues require semi capped at 15 bps. So how fast you are required to shoot depends on what league you play in. Make sure you find out those details when you contact the field hosting a tournament.
dps093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:14 AM #20
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Mid RANGE. There's no "end" in the middle of a spectrum.

low END <--------mid RANGE -------> High END

See? Good.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:15 AM #21
Box
Wroooaaarrrr!

Annual Supporting Member
Box is playing at Living Legends VII
The best mid-range is a used high-end.

Check the B/S/T here. The price you can get 2009-11 high ends for is quite comparable to new prices for something like an axe or etek. Its cool to buy new gear, but you save so much buying used. Pick up used Ninja or Crossfire tank off here as well as a used Rotor/Z2 Prophecy/Spire to complement something like a used G6R/V1 Victory/Ego 8/9/DM9/10/11/12/Angel A1/SB/Clone/Drone, etc. You can't go wrong there. If you are really dead set on an axe, pick it up used and save yourself a couple hundred. Axes can be had cheaper used and you can turn your $500 dollar gun budget into a $500 dollar setup budget. Use that last $500 to get out and play.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote