Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 08:11 PM #1
frankie says chillax
...bro
 
frankie says chillax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
I actually feel very bad for mitt...

the poor guy is being accused of being a flip-flopper because he isn't on the crazy right. the man is backed into a corner and doesn't know how to handle such people. i wonder if he does get elected, he'd make a big "**** you" statement to the bat**** crazy right and go back to his original way of thinking. the democrats want nothing to do with a businessman, independants don't matter at all so he's at the mercy of the modern day GOP.

i actually feel bad and hope on the chance he gets elected, he will go against everything he supposedly stood for in the campaign.

thoughts?
__________________
"Originally posted by blueshifty:
Also, eclipse only makes mid-range guns they just charge a premium for them."

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2012, 08:17 PM #2
TheRedButton
 
 
TheRedButton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yeah, i mean, it's really too bad but i cannot vote for the guy. fiscally speaking, i'd hate to have obama for another term (more assistance programs?), but i just can't get behind mitt on a host of social issues where i think we would be taking a step backwards and not forwards


prefer gary johnson or ron paul to be honest.
__________________
Mental Diversion
Nitro Paintball
Purdue Alumni

Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:24 PM #3
frankie says chillax
...bro
 
frankie says chillax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
but that's just it. would he step back on his campaign promises and do the opposite? he wouldn't have a chance in hell for running if he expressed he true views.
i don't see myself supporting him but it's just a thought.
__________________
"Originally posted by blueshifty:
Also, eclipse only makes mid-range guns they just charge a premium for them."

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:26 PM #4
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow
 
Volucris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashville
gary johnson bros
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:28 PM #5
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
If you look at his flip flops, he's gone from liberal years ago, to conservative now mostly. It's bee a semi consistent shift from moderate left to moderate right.

Obama and him aren't terribly different, but I don't see Mitt suing a state for trying to defense themselves against illegal aliens invading them. Mitt is weak on Russia though - we need better relations with them, not worse. I still think that it was a huge mistake to not bring them closer after the Cold War. George HW Bush failed on that, and Clinton never really did much better.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM #6
frankie says chillax
...bro
 
frankie says chillax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
i've seen many flip-flops happen in half a decade.

and lol, i was in a discussion last night with someone telling me ghw bush was the greatest president ever.
__________________
"Originally posted by blueshifty:
Also, eclipse only makes mid-range guns they just charge a premium for them."

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 PM #7
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
If you look at his flip flops, he's gone from liberal years ago, to conservative now mostly. It's bee a semi consistent shift from moderate left to moderate right.

Obama and him aren't terribly different, but I don't see Mitt suing a state for trying to defense themselves against illegal aliens invading them. Mitt is weak on Russia though - we need better relations with them, not worse. I still think that it was a huge mistake to not bring them closer after the Cold War. George HW Bush failed on that, and Clinton never really did much better.
Russia is a horrible place with terrible human rights violations still going on. Rival businessmen solicit bribes to get the competition thrown in jail, successfully. And journalists/activists still turn up dead too often. So I can understand the distance he wants to maintain.

Romney is really a moderate that is more or less being forced to do the bidding of todays not-so-conservative republican party. I think he would continue doing so in office, which is why he'd never get my vote.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:03 PM #8
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie says chillax View Post

and lol, i was in a discussion last night with someone telling me ghw bush was the greatest president ever.


George H W Bush was awful. He caved to the Democrats and raised taxes when he wanted to cut government spending. He had the right idea, but caved and admit he liked foreign affairs more than trying to solve the economy woes.

Tell Swerve you think George H W Bush was great. He's a big fan of the guy, him and Reagen both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Russia is a horrible place with terrible human rights violations still going on. Rival businessmen solicit bribes to get the competition thrown in jail, successfully. And journalists/activists still turn up dead too often. So I can understand the distance he wants to maintain.
Yes, they are. But closer ties with us can lead to the right leader there who warms to our style of government, and closer ties with the two countries can lead to more joint activities and more media shared, which leads to people demanding change there. As it stands now in 2012, China and Russia are strongly united as far as their disdain and distrust of the United States goes - despite the fact China casually mines and deforests much of Russia as their leisure. That reality could of been avoided 20+ years ago, and still can but Romney isn't the guy to make that change happen. Reagen was, but he as at the end of his tenure when peace occurred.

Where's Theodore Roosevelt when you need him? If there was a president I could resurrect, brush up on what he's missed, and install into office for 2012....
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American

Last edited by Tuff : 08-04-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:15 PM #9
yesme
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post


George H W Bush was awful. He caved to the Democrats and raised taxes when he wanted to cut government spending. He had the right idea, but caved and admit he liked foreign affairs more than trying to solve the economy woes.

Tell Swerve you think George H W Bush was great. He's a big fan of the guy, him and Reagen both.
Of course swerve is a big fan of those guys, and why stop a great losing streak, he is going for the trifecta of stupidity with a vote for mitt.

Ask him which one of his heros dismantled ANY major country crushing debt program/welfare system the democrats (before hand) put in place?
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:06 AM #10
FreeEnterprise
 
 
FreeEnterprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oxford OH Trails of Doom
FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Don't worry, the media is totally going to give Mitt a fair shake... No way would they bias their coverage to benefit Obama...

Oh wait.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...ternational-bl

"Mitt Romney's week-long international trip resulted in unrelentingly negative coverage from the big three broadcast networks, a stark change from the glowing press awarded to then-candidate Barack Obama's world tour in 2008. While Obama was treated like a rock star (from the Associated Press: "It's not only Obama's youth, eloquence and energy that have stolen hearts across the Atlantic...."), Romney endured a focus on gaffes and the trivial.

MRC analysts examined all 21 ABC, CBS and NBC evening news stories about Romney's trip to London, Israel and Poland between July 25 and July 31. Virtually all of these stories (18, or 86%) emphasized Romney's "diplomatic blunders," from his "golden gaffe" at the Olympic games to "missteps" that offended the Palestinians."


http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.c...7-A3FB32199C3D



Our media is propaganda for Obama, they spread lies about the right in every single newscast, and most of you are the little lemmings buying every word of lies...
__________________
Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:19 AM #11
TheRedButton
 
 
TheRedButton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Don't worry, the media is totally going to give Mitt a fair shake... No way would they bias their coverage to benefit Obama...

Oh wait.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...ternational-bl

"Mitt Romney's week-long international trip resulted in unrelentingly negative coverage from the big three broadcast networks, a stark change from the glowing press awarded to then-candidate Barack Obama's world tour in 2008. While Obama was treated like a rock star (from the Associated Press: "It's not only Obama's youth, eloquence and energy that have stolen hearts across the Atlantic...."), Romney endured a focus on gaffes and the trivial.

MRC analysts examined all 21 ABC, CBS and NBC evening news stories about Romney's trip to London, Israel and Poland between July 25 and July 31. Virtually all of these stories (18, or 86%) emphasized Romney's "diplomatic blunders," from his "golden gaffe" at the Olympic games to "missteps" that offended the Palestinians."


http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.c...7-A3FB32199C3D



Our media is propaganda for Obama, they spread lies about the right in every single newscast, and most of you are the little lemmings buying every word of lies...
To be fair, everyone spreads lies. The right is probably the most guilty of propaganda and downright untruths.

Luckily, we have fact check websites and watchdog groups.
__________________
Mental Diversion
Nitro Paintball
Purdue Alumni

Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:32 AM #12
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Some of those watch dog websites are so biased that they skew facts.

I remember calling a satellite radio show on Sirius Left to argue with some chick from Media Matters for being intellectually dishonest when comparing something about a previous president and President Obama. I even got the host to agree with me.

Damn auto correct got me.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts

Last edited by barrel roll : 08-05-2012 at 06:01 PM.
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:00 PM #13
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Don't worry, the media is totally going to give Mitt a fair shake... No way would they bias their coverage to benefit Obama...

Oh wait.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...ternational-bl

"Mitt Romney's week-long international trip resulted in unrelentingly negative coverage from the big three broadcast networks, a stark change from the glowing press awarded to then-candidate Barack Obama's world tour in 2008. While Obama was treated like a rock star (from the Associated Press: "It's not only Obama's youth, eloquence and energy that have stolen hearts across the Atlantic...."), Romney endured a focus on gaffes and the trivial.

MRC analysts examined all 21 ABC, CBS and NBC evening news stories about Romney's trip to London, Israel and Poland between July 25 and July 31. Virtually all of these stories (18, or 86%) emphasized Romney's "diplomatic blunders," from his "golden gaffe" at the Olympic games to "missteps" that offended the Palestinians."


http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.c...7-A3FB32199C3D

Our media is propaganda for Obama, they spread lies about the right in every single newscast, and most of you are the little lemmings buying every word of lies...
Of course this would have nothing to do with the fact that Obama was in fact received extremely well around the world, while Mitt did in fact fall flat on his face repeatedly.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:47 PM #14
LOL Renegade
 
 
LOL Renegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Of course this would have nothing to do with the fact that Obama was in fact received extremely well around the world, while Mitt did in fact fall flat on his face repeatedly.
Lol, another fair and completely unbiased post from gonzo. Business as usual.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:30 PM #15
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants
 
EPAPressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Of course this would have nothing to do with the fact that Obama was in fact received extremely well around the world, while Mitt did in fact fall flat on his face repeatedly.
He was a rock star in 2008, first black president, hope and change, baa baa, no real record to run on except a community oganizer in Chicago. God forbid we talk about who is best pals are.
__________________
"Chic-Fi-La has an awful chicken sandwich"

-Said nobody, ever.


"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:38 PM #16
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
Lol, another fair and completely unbiased post from gonzo. Business as usual.
romney's olympic trip has been, objectively, a disaster.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:47 PM #17
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
why would you feel bad for mitt? nobody forced him to tow the party line. He's just the republican demagogue this cycle.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:20 PM #18
Mitt Romney
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I don't feel bad for me, why should I?

I'd say it's a good life being Mitt Romney.
Mitt Romney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 PM #19
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
You're not gonna get much of a reaction in the subforums with a parody account. Just so ya know.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:04 PM #20
Rapier7
Smarter than you
 
Rapier7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
One thing that really puzzles me is that there are plenty of personal anecdotes of Romney being an extraordinarily charitable guy who truly does care about other people, but his campaign never really tries to press that home. The closest they got was the commercial in which his business partner describes how Romney shut down the company for a day to find his missing daughter, but they only did that in the primary.

All of the available evidence points to Romney being a decent, charitable person. And while the Democrats continue to pound away at the narrative that he's a merciless, cold blooded corporate raider, he keeps taking their punches without any real counters.

Romney is the kind of guy that the Democrats could live with in office. But that doesn't mean they'll vote for him. That's why he has to pander to the base of the Republican party. He'll make most of his pivots after the convention, hope the economy continues in the doldrums throughout September and October, fight Obama to a draw in the debates, and then hope that's enough to get to 270 electoral votes.

I think if he actually gets elected, most people will see he's a reasonable, competent executive who really just cares about getting the economy on track and not much else. Yeah, he's boring. But maybe the United States needs boring politics right now.
__________________
http://metatalkingpoints.blogspot.com/ - Intelligent Commentary
Rapier7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:37 AM #21
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Rapier, how is romney going to get the economy on track when even his own advisers admit his policy proposals won't work?

http://delong.typepad.com/sdj/2012/0...wont-work.html

What exactly is Romney's plan anyways?
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump