Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2012, 10:26 PM #1
Tempted (Banned)

My dining room table.

Trying to scramble together an ElectroPneumag has turned my dining room into this:

I've at least made progress. Pictures will be coming after it is together and correct. It will be a sleeper, but it won't be the normal EP conversion. I ended up using an EP solenoid that requires 10+v to operate, while most regular EP markers use 3-5v solenoids. So I wasn't able to use the Angel or EGO board like I planned. I used something far cheaper, and much easier to find. When I know it works I'll post details. This marker is heading to Canada when I'm done to be used in some tournaments. So far everything is coming together excellent, and if it goes as planned I'll have less than $100 in a sleeper EP Mag, not including the cost of the marker or bolt upgrades. The board I'm using has tourney lock, ramping and all other features you would ever want on a high end EP marker. I had to get creative with a battery because what I did in the frame took up all the room. I built a 3s1p 160mah LiPo that is charged with an old Motorola phone charger, and moved it to the fore-grip. It is so small that it fit in an unmodified grip, and I ran a wire to the board under the frame. The problem is the charger doesn't have a balancer or charge cut-off because that was built in the battery. If you charge this for more than 2 hours it might ruin it. Overall I'm pleased, more details after testing.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2012, 10:28 PM #2
Tempted (Banned)

Oh, also I initially hated those LAPCO grips but as it turns out they helped me a ton. They are pretty thick so I was able to hollow them out for more clearance without giving away any signs of it being modified.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 AM #3
C_losjoker

Shame on you, you still have to much open space. People can still sit and eat. Haha keep up the good work
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:41 AM #4
Tempted (Banned)

That space is needed for when I'm working at the table! I tear the thing down about once every 20 minutes to adjust/modify something.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:53 AM #5
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
I tear the thing down about once every 20 minutes to adjust/modify something.
you're slacking!
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 PM #6
SoulCoffin
BigEvilOnline.com

Annual Supporting Member
From what details you did give, it sounds like a pretty awesome build
SoulCoffin is online now   Reply With Quote