Hey everybody, I thought I'd share the results of my winter project. I love how my Resurrection shoots, but I was never a huge fan of how it looked. To me, the muzzle-break style milling on the lower tube didn't match the smoother cuts on the top. Plus I didn't like the back cut on the top tube- to me it looks like the design team gave up before it was really complete. And so began a DIY project.
The main work revolved around reshaping the upper tube to give it more of a fang look, while keeping the slot for the midblock sled intact to ensure stable cycling. I also removed excess weight from the grip frame (saved approx 10% of the original mass), milled off the oval cutouts on each side of the lower tube on the body, and rounded off the edges to give the body a more fluid appearance.
Here's a mock-up of what the finished product will look like:
As always, I welcome everybody's feedback.