ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-17-2014, 01:58 PM #1
offroadsocal

Annual Supporting Member
offroadsocal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
offroadsocal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
offroadsocal supports Team VICIOUS
moving to austin

how is it going every one im moving to Austin and looking to get back in to the game. any advice. were to go and who to play with would be great.
thanks
offroadsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2015, 10:19 AM #2
offroadsocal

Annual Supporting Member
well spent the week in austin and i did not want to leave i can not wait to move and start a new life and play with all of u!
Old 01-09-2015, 05:45 PM #3
jestep

Where did you end up playing at? Seems like there's so many fields down here now that there's often barely enough people for decent games at many of the fields.
jestep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:37 AM #4
offroadsocal

Annual Supporting Member
i was not able to play while i was out there all my gear was here in cali. but i will be ready to play when i move out end of june.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:04 PM #5
jestep

Ok cool. I live way south west and more than once I've showed up at the dripping springs fields and only 3 or 4 people came to the field those days.

I just talked to the guys at xtreme up in pflugerville and they said they're getting 20 - 40 on Saturdays even right now which is surprising because if the temp is under about 60, it might as well be 20 below around here.

I think outlaw stays pretty busy as well.

I pretty much refuse to go to Texas Paintball anymore. $95 evil or $91 marb cases is just stupid.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:29 PM #6
joe512s

joe512s owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestep View Post
Ok cool. I live way south west and more than once I've showed up at the dripping springs fields and only 3 or 4 people came to the field those days.

I just talked to the guys at xtreme up in pflugerville and they said they're getting 20 - 40 on Saturdays even right now which is surprising because if the temp is under about 60, it might as well be 20 below around here.

I think outlaw stays pretty busy as well.

I pretty much refuse to go to Texas Paintball anymore. $95 evil or $91 marb cases is just stupid.
I have a group of friends 3 at the moment who are starting up in the sport again (speedball specifically), we were looking at texas paintball for our field of choice since it's highly reviewed but I haven't made it out there to see it for myself. Do you by chance have any first hand experience at that field? When I was in high school, I played at Realm, or Maximum when it was owned by X-Factor but that field shut down over a year ago unfortunately. Does anyone know of a good field with a decent amount of returning players?
joe512s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:32 PM #7
Woodsie1
Woodsball

Woodsie1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
San Antonio xfactor park
Woodsie1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:44 PM #8
joe512s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsie1 View Post
San Antonio xfactor park
That's an hour from south austin, is it worth it? What are the average prices like per visit for tourney players?
Old 01-31-2015, 10:56 AM #9
jestep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe512s View Post
I have a group of friends 3 at the moment who are starting up in the sport again (speedball specifically), we were looking at texas paintball for our field of choice since it's highly reviewed but I haven't made it out there to see it for myself. Do you by chance have any first hand experience at that field? When I was in high school, I played at Realm, or Maximum when it was owned by X-Factor but that field shut down over a year ago unfortunately. Does anyone know of a good field with a decent amount of returning players?
Great field but pricey. Outlaw and xtreme seem to be pretty popular nowadays. I believe that some of the high school and college teams around here still practice at outlaw. They used to do it on Sundays.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:12 PM #10
joe512s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestep View Post
Great field but pricey. Outlaw and xtreme seem to be pretty popular nowadays. I believe that some of the high school and college teams around here still practice at outlaw. They used to do it on Sundays.

I've been to Outlaw and Xtreme but that was over 5 years ago when I was active in the sport, I have no idea what's happened at either field since then. And is anyone on this thread still an active player? I would like to meet up with other likeminded tourney players who have a desire to play, it would be nicer to go to the fields and already know some people.

And I'm kinda curious about this, how is the security at these fields now? Last time I went to Outlaw some little mexican kid tried running off with my backpack that had my 08 Ego in it, the fact that he made it all the way to the parking lot before any of the staff noticed is what frustrated me the most. I'm not a huge fan of these low staffed fields just because I don't like having to worry about my gear getting jacked.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:03 PM #11
Fondle
Sorcerer!

Fondle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fondle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i play at outlaw about 3 times a month. Sundays are the day to go for tourney players and there are usually 20-40 people there on any given sunday.

Never had any issues with thefts that i know of, i have a Luxe OLED and i leave it on the gun stand and walk around and never had any issues. they have re done alot of their stuff lately and its the best place to play in austin area for sure. Texas PB is overpriced and people are rude
Old 02-01-2015, 12:13 AM #12
joe512s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fondle View Post
i play at outlaw about 3 times a month. Sundays are the day to go for tourney players and there are usually 20-40 people there on any given sunday.

Never had any issues with thefts that i know of, i have a Luxe OLED and i leave it on the gun stand and walk around and never had any issues. they have re done alot of their stuff lately and its the best place to play in austin area for sure. Texas PB is overpriced and people are rude

So far I like what I'm hearing about the remodeling of Outlaw. I just want to make sure that while I'm on the field, I don't have to worry about someone taking my back up gun. I prefer to take 2 guns out to the field just in case of a mechanical issue that I don't have the time for while I'm there. I was only considering TX PB first simply because of the membership benefits like reduced fees for members every time you go out there. But if the majority of the Austin tourney scene is out at Outlaw then I think I'll inform my squad of the new info and we'll see you guys out there soon.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:49 PM #13
offroadsocal

Annual Supporting Member
I cant wait to be finnaly out there and play with u guys
Old 02-02-2015, 02:33 AM #14
joe512s

So it's official, we're making it out there next Sunday. Not sure how many of us are gonna make it but I'm sure it'll be 3+. Would like to get a heads up if any of you guys will be out there next weekend.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:55 AM #15
SageScout
R.E.D Obelisk

Outlaw is an awesome field, great prices and good turf for the airball. Play pump but playing any paintball is still good paintball. Austin is a great city other then the traffic and everyone on their cell phones not doing the speed limit most of the time.

http://outlawpaintballfield.com/ check out the site for more info.....
Old 02-06-2015, 12:51 AM #16
offroadsocal

Annual Supporting Member
I will be out at the end of june and ready to play with u guys
Old 02-09-2015, 02:12 PM #17
p8ntballa2k

p8ntballa2k is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
What's up guys? I'm also looking to get back in the game. Starting my search for gear this week. Played some PSP back in the 10 man days. Outlaw seems to be the closest field to me. Hope to see some of you out there soon.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:58 AM #18
SageScout
R.E.D Obelisk

From what I see all the fields these days have around the same prices for paint and field fees these days. All depends on how you like the field you are close to and how far and if you wish to drive.

Outlaw $12.50 fee $60 per case.
Xfactor $10 fee (airball only) $20 normal play $55 per case.
Texas PB $15 fee $85 per case
Pettys $12 40-60 per case (not sure if they still carry all the other brands of paint.)
Lost PB $10 fee $50 per case
Austin PB $22 fee $80 per case (no airball there)
Comanche PB $25 fee (thats the package deal not sure if they have a (have your own stuff rate) $60 per case (near fort hood)
Knights $18 fee $50 per case

Thats about all the fields near the Austin area that are worth traveling to that could be good. Been to most of them and most have a good turnout for tourney guys on Sundays. Also seems like you have to pay an arm and a leg anywhere you play these days after tax. I'm glad I play pump or mech limited paint games. Thats just me, but holy crap this hobby is getting pricy.

Last edited by SageScout : 02-10-2015 at 03:27 AM.
SageScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:44 PM #19
ldsnow

Sage,

are most of these fields tournament style play? i'm from the east coast and my jen keeps begging me to move to austin. i could make the jump, as i have enough cycling contacts that i would be able to keep dog food in the bowl, but i would hate to move and find out that the paintball scene limited.

specifically, how are woodsball and tactical/scenario games in the area?
ldsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:39 PM #20
jestep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsnow View Post
Sage,

are most of these fields tournament style play? i'm from the east coast and my jen keeps begging me to move to austin. i could make the jump, as i have enough cycling contacts that i would be able to keep dog food in the bowl, but i would hate to move and find out that the paintball scene limited.

specifically, how are woodsball and tactical/scenario games in the area?
Most are not tourney style. Outlaw does quite a bit of tourney practice, and most have a speedball field or two, but for the most part Austin is totally woodsball/rec. With that being said, the scenario scene is basically non existent compared to my experience in other places.

Xtreme is another one that has some good fields.

$5 entry ($10 total with air), premium paint is $80 / case.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:51 PM #21
SageScout
R.E.D Obelisk

Jestep is right about the woodsball scenario scene being almost completely dead around here. Pettys hold some big games at times but haven't heard to much from them in a while. A friend of mine goes to comanche (big peach) and does some pump/mag fed games there at times, which from the pics he shows seems like a good turnout for those types of games with the rec kids playing. They have some unique fields there as well so that may draw in a bigger crowd with fort hood being that close to them. I forgot to mention Xtreme, which is also another good field to play at. I just think that because of the costs to play one day of paintball alone being so high these days, it becoming harder and harder to get kids interested in the sport. I'm one to be quite cheerful and try and teach the much younger players how to play with cheaper costs and still make it fun but I'm just really getting back into it myself for being away for so long. Most of the tourney guys that show up these days are just there to practice and then leave after they have shot all their paint up. Most these days don't just hang around and show the other players the ropes and try to expand the sport. Its one of the reasons I have stepped away from the tourney scene, other then the fights that happen when you don't get out after being shot (most players won't even check themselves these days sadly) and some have such a huge ego trip when playing its not really worth all the fuss and I'm just there to shake the cob webs off and have fun.