e_friccero
\_(ツ)_/

e_friccero is a Paintball photographer
e_friccero is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
e_friccero is attending Decay of Nations VII
Situation with Kai83

Last year (March '11) I loaned Kai 2 guns out of my personal collection, a cocker converted pump and a Digi Camo Victory.
In August I later receive a call from Kai that his car was "broken into" and my victory was stolen. No police report, no evidence, just his word that it was "stolen". Every time I tried to ask about the gun or the car being broken into, Kai would become very defensive about the whole situation. We talked about what we were going to do about replacing the gun and he told me that money was a little tight but he would replace it within a year. Now fast forward to this year Kai has done everything he can to avoid contact with me (won't return emails from either email account, deleted me from Facebook and blocked me, won't return calls or texts.) I did eventually get the pump back(took 3 months of constant hounding with emails and phone calls to get him to mail it back)
I know there's probably nothing that I can do now at this point but I wanted to get my side of the story out there
Avoid doing business with this guy, he's someone I used to consider a good friend and he took advantage of it.

Only pics I have of the gun

edit- Would you look at that, I post a thread and finally get a response from his email! Surprising how that works

Last edited by e_friccero : 08-02-2012 at 02:53 PM.
e_friccero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2012, 02:38 PM #2
jyh916

jyh916 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Whyd you loan him a gun

Captial Edge Paintball Park
http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
(916) 842-1777

Planet Eclipse
http://www.planeteclipse.com/
jyh916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:40 PM #3
e_friccero
\_(ツ)_/

e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyh916 View Post
Whyd you loan him a gun
At the time we were still friends.
Since then he has taken the my gun and blocked me in all forms of communication
Old 08-02-2012, 03:15 PM #4
hardpainball
Easy & Painless

hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
Is this the same kai83 who is a "Mega Mod" at PBN?
His join date is 1983, and has 81/0/0 feedback. He does third party transactions.

Last edited by hardpainball : 08-02-2012 at 03:18 PM.
hardpainball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:18 PM #5
e_friccero
\_(ツ)_/

e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardpainball
Is this the same kai83 who is a "Mega Mod" at PBN?
Yes it is
Old 08-02-2012, 04:15 PM #6
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
The plot thickens.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:48 AM #7
facemower1211
BDM

facemower1211 supports Team VICIOUS
facemower1211 supports DLX Technology
i ordered some stuff from his store he had a while ago and it took forever to get my stuff. ive avoided dealing with him since then.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:14 AM #8
GraveDiggersUnion
Team Oddity #00

GraveDiggersUnion is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
GraveDiggersUnion is attending Decay of Nations VI
I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple threads here in the past regarding kai...
Join The Shocker Owners FB Group

Shocker Owners Group
GraveDiggersUnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:20 AM #9
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
This is obviously not a typical theft thread case. But any screen shots of emails, PM's, texts, anything of the like, would be good to have. Otherwise, and not to say that this is right or wrong, but seems to be what I have seen, Mods will close this due to it being just an accusation, without any proof behind it. Just as you are having an issue with his claim that his vehicle was broken into and the marker stolen, and not giving you any proof, like a police report number or the like.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:12 PM #10
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Well from past dealings with Kai from other members it sounds like he's not the most clearheaded of people to deal with.

(NOVEMBER 2004) Kai failed to send part for over 2 months and refused public communication with the OP
(NOVEMBER 2006) Kai sent negative feedback to wrong person then refused communication
(FEBRUARY 2009) Kai not responding to yet another person for extended periods
(MARCH 2009) Kai questionable shipping
(JUNE 2009) Theft report made because Kai can't get things straight
(OCTOBER 09) Kai essentially twisting the rules a bit--- Also convo of Kai receiving a Negative Feedback Rating to which I can't find the theft report thread (very odd) or Negative Feedback said to have been placed on his profile.

Those are just a few of the threads I've found.
Not to mention the countless threads I found of him sending things extremely late, being away countless times, other members saying "He's just really busy", and his overall poor attitude towards other members in general.

I don't understand why you have a business if it creates more problems than profit. Moreover whether your car got broken into or not, the marker was still in YOUR possession, you don't think that you should AT LEAST try to help him out and give him some sort of compensation? It's not like it's an inexpensive marker... It's a Desert Edge Victory we are talking about.

Last edited by AoSpades : 08-03-2012 at 12:15 PM.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:40 PM #11
apes4us
MO

Thank you for making this thread. Most people would assume it is safe to deal with a mod. Based on some of these posts I would not do any high dollar dealings with Kai.
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:04 PM #12
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
phillysteve supports DLX Technology
Sadly it sucks that you can't even trust a mod.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:32 PM #13
r00shine
Oh Hi There

Annual Supporting Member
r00shine owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
r00shine supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by apes4us View Post
Thank you for making this thread. Most people would assume it is safe to deal with a mod. Based on some of these posts I would not do any high dollar dealings with Kai.
based on the posts, i wouldnt even buy screws from him....
r00shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 PM #14
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
I'm closing this for now to stop all the wild accusations and rumors. So far there is one side to the story being presented. This really has nothing to do with PbNation or any deal done through PbN.

I've sent a link of this thread to Kai.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 PM #15
kai83
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
kai83 is a Mega Moderator
kai83 is a Supporting Member
kai83 is BST Legit
kai83 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
kai83 is Immortal
Eric, this thread was just brought to my attention today. You did not get a reply because you made the thread; you got a reply because I was replying to you message you sent to my phone at 3:21pm.

We need to clarify a few things (in the order of your accusations)

-I did file a police report when my car was broken into

-You got a call the first day of PSP NJO, which was the very same day things were stolen. How exactly am I to provide “evidence” of something that was stolen. The police even dusted my car for fingerprints and came up with nothing. There are several people that can verify that I was robbed, not to mention the fact that I was not able to tech that event as neither planned, nor have been to a paintball field to repair a marker let alone play.

- I did not make a theft report thread… not only did you not have any pictures of the gun when I asked, I was hoping someone would be dumb enough to sell it on here, not knowing how unique it was. Not a very long time has gone by where I haven’t checked ebay for the marker to surface.

- I am not sure what you mean by “get defensive” you are definitely putting a spin on this story out to be something it’s not. Are you implying that I staged a robbery? Not the brightest things to do with a 1/1 marker, not much I can do with that.

- I do remember asking what you wanted me to do and you reply was along the lines of not wanting anything but that exact marker.

- I did not say a replacement marker would come within a year: I told you that while I felt terrible for the loss of your marker, I don’t have money to replace it. I told you that I was facing a year of 30+ hours a week in graduate studies and that when I got a job this summer I would work to pay it off. The problem, as I have explained, is that I was not hired back into my old position (as I was promised)

- I am absolutely NOT avoiding contact with you, you’re not being honest.
In late May you said to me via text: Its summer where is my gun. My reply was that I wasn’t even finished with classes at that point.
You did not contact me again until last week (again I replied)
Proof: http://puu.sh/OnYH
I had also at the time, posted that I was afk for the week.

-You were not blocked on FB until yesterday, where instead of sending me a message, you started posting accusations on personal/unrelated pictures! So yes I did block you but I also sent you an email, which ended with:
“I would prefer that you communicate with me via email, at this address only [my gmail as I no longer check aol]; the txt/calls/facebook/multiple emails accounts is rather confusing. Kai”

-Telling people that I have taken your marker and blocked you is a long way from the truth: It was stolen from me along with every paintball toolbox, spare, and part that I own. I was packed for MAO and not only did I lose over 4,000 in tools and goods, other markers, loaders and tanks were taken along with the victory.

You do not get to say you were friends with me if you actually believe I have your marker. Anything I could have possibly sold, or used to make money is also gone. I have been done with paintball since that day.

To the others: I am not going to spend too much time defending a company that hasn’t been in operations for over two years but I will say this: I had over 3,000 transactions over the course of 5 years and I ran things by myself. It was by no means more problems than profit. During that time I sold and repaired hundreds if not thousands of markers. But, I was also responsible for nation-wide warranty repair, attending ALL PSP and some NPPL events, and also dealt with an international distributor that is not known for being the most timely, so yes from time to time there were unreasonable delays and dissatisfied customers (because of some things within my control, but many that were not). So sure, you may find 5 or even 10 threads where someone felt the need to call me out but you are not even remotely familiar with the big picture. Based on polls by my merchant provider at the time of stopping operations, my customer satisfaction was still 99.X percent, and I can deal with that. People do not very often come on here to talk about how great their shopping experience was, but they will post when there is a problem. When there was a problem, I tried everything within my power to make it right.

As far as that feedback goes (Aospades), again, not the whole story. As a moderator, I have experienced plenty of retaliatory posts, and even unwarranted feedback from those who hold a grudge / assume (many times incorrectly) that I have banned or infracted them. I don't have the ability to edit my own feedback so if something was removed it has to have been reviewed and with good reason.

Last edited by kai83 : 08-03-2012 at 07:27 PM.
kai83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:37 PM #16
e_friccero
\_(ツ)_/

e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai83 View Post
Eric, this thread was just brought to my attention today. You did not get a reply because you made the thread; you got a reply because I was replying to you message you sent to my phone at 3:21pm.

We need to clarify a few things (in the order of your accusations)

-I did file a police report when my car was broken into

You never told me this. Where is it? Anytime I have asked about it you give me a some crappy explanation that your locked car was broken into without any other details.

-You got a call the first day of PSP NJO, which was the very same day things were stolen. How exactly am I to provide “evidence” of something that was stolen. The police even dusted my car for fingerprints and came up with nothing. There are several people that can verify that I was robbed, not to mention the fact that I was not able to tech that event as neither planned, nor have been to a paintball field to repair a marker let alone play.

- I did not make a theft report thread… not only did you not have any pictures of the gun when I asked, I was hoping someone would be dumb enough to sell it on here, not knowing how unique it was. Not a very long time has gone by where I haven’t checked ebay for the marker to surface.

- I am not sure what you mean by “get defensive” you are definitely putting a spin on this story out to be something it’s not. Are you implying that I staged a robbery? Not the brightest things to do with a 1/1 marker, not much I can do with that.

- I do remember asking what you wanted me to do and you reply was along the lines of not wanting anything but that exact marker.

- I did not say a replacement marker would come within a year: I told you that while I felt terrible for the loss of your marker, I don’t have money to replace it. I told you that I was facing a year of 30+ hours a week in graduate studies and that when I got a job this summer I would work to pay it off. The problem, as I have explained, is that I was not hired back into my old position (as I was promised)

- I am absolutely NOT avoiding contact with you, you’re not being honest.
In late May you said to me via text: Its summer where is my gun. My reply was that I wasn’t even finished with classes at that point.
You did not contact me again until last week (again I replied)
Proof: http://puu.sh/OnYH
I had also at the time, posted that I was afk for the week.

-You were not blocked on FB until yesterday, where instead of sending me a message, you started posting accusations on personal/unrelated pictures! So yes I did block you but I also sent you an email, which ended with:
“I would prefer that you communicate with me via email, at this address only [my gmail as I no longer check aol]; the txt/calls/facebook/multiple emails accounts is rather confusing. Kai”

-Telling people that I have taken your marker and blocked you is a long way from the truth: It was stolen from me along with every paintball toolbox, spare, and part that I own. I was packed for MAO and not only did I lose over 4,000 in tools and goods, other markers, loaders and tanks were taken along with the victory.

You do not get to say you were friends with me if you actually believe I have your marker. Anything I could have possibly sold, or used to make money is also gone. I have been done with paintball since that day.
-You never told me this police report. Where is it? Anytime I have asked about it you give me a some crappy explanation that your locked car was broken into without any other details and ignore all requests for more details.

-
So I never sent you any pics? You appear to be the one not being honest here Kai...

You clearly state in this email that you would replace it in a year

-Not avoiding contact with me? You don't have time to answer any of my email's, voicemail's, or text messages, but you have time to post pictures of your new headphones to Facebook? If you have enough time to post pictures to Facebook you should have enough time to call me back. This isn't the first time I've had trouble getting in touch with you in the past year. It took me ~3 months for me to get my pump back after I asked you mail it back to me when the Victory was stolen with constant phone calls and messages to remind you which you can see from the email above

Last edited by USAFWD : 08-03-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Removed picture showing email addresses
Old 08-03-2012, 09:43 PM #17
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
I'm closing this now since this situation did not take place on PbNation. You two can communicate through PM/Email to figure things out.

I have also removed a picture posted which showed private email addresses.

Last edited by USAFWD : 08-03-2012 at 09:51 PM.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:44 PM #18
kai83
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
kai83 is a Mega Moderator
kai83 is a Supporting Member
kai83 is BST Legit
kai83 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
kai83 is Immortal
Funny you claim I have blocked all contact and ignored you when every single thing you posted here has a reply...
kai83 is offline   Reply With Quote