Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 AM #253
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
You're one of those statistics I read about.

Oh Reddit, how you get me.

What are you talking about?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 AM #254
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I guess the guys that wrote that don't get out much.


I think 4 days ago Glen Beck just did some GIANT charity thing at Cowboy Stadium.
Reading up on it, it sounds like a giant religious conference and you can't forget about Mormon's being able to rally. We go to church for three hours every Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
What are you talking about?
Lower undergrads who never make the transition to upper undergrad and transfer/drop out. It's a pretty big deal within STEM education because the numbers are startling.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:32 AM #255
TheRedButton
 
 
TheRedButton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
You forget to surf the internet. Animals are quite capable of having loving, sexual relationships with humans.

And even if you don't roll with that (since perhaps you would require the animal to understand the concept of "marriage", and fair enough - by consent I was refering specifically to sex), the other options are nonetheless completely valid points. Nobody has yet formed a decent argument against them, or my main point for that matter.

I don't think you can.
I mean honestly I'm in the camp of "I don't care if you get married as long as the two parties are consenting adults (18+)."

I mean what are transgender people supposed to do?
__________________
Nitro Paintball
Purdue Alumni
[/b]
Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:35 AM #256
TheRedButton
 
 
TheRedButton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
It's reddit. What do you expect? Put a bunch of neckbeard hipsters and angsty atheist teens together on one website and you're bound to see stupid **** like that.




Marriage is not a civil right to begin with so good luck with that argument.
I mean, you pretty much out yourself as an ignorant jerk right here, and thus your capacity for a coherent argument is VASTLY compromised. You are perpetuating everything that is running this country on a course for all out cultural civil war.

Why isn't marriage a civil right? Under what principles or laws can you justify that statement, other than a. something biblical or b. "cause it just isn't"
__________________
Nitro Paintball
Purdue Alumni
[/b]
Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:40 AM #257
TheRedButton
 
 
TheRedButton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
TheRedButton owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Fascinating, not a single reference to acceptance or "liking" other's behavior. Take a good cue gentlemen.
I do not agree with your interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
1982 american heritage dictionary

1)the capacity for or practice of recognizing and respecting the opinions, practices, or behavior of others 2)a.leeway for variation from a standard.
Seems pretty much like acceptance to me:

Acceptance in human psychology is a person's assent to the reality of a situation, recognizing a process or condition (often a negative or uncomfortable situation) without attempting to change it, protest, or exit. The concept is close in meaning to 'acquiescence', derived from the Latin 'acquiēscere' (to find rest in). (SOURCE)
__________________
Nitro Paintball
Purdue Alumni
[/b]
Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:51 AM #258
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
CNN just had the organizer for the "kiss in" day and only 13k people have signed up on facebook

the old man mike huckabee had over 600k people sign up on facebook and 20 million visits, yet CNN is already giving the "kiss in" day more coverage.....now i know why their ratings have gone down the ****ter

that's 8 people per chick fil a....and it's a kiss in with no set time so the chances of seeing it are pretty damn slim and if you go through the drive thru, null.
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 08-03-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:17 AM #259
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants
 
EPAPressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Gays in mid-town Atlanta have a kiss in every day of the week regardless. I don't think it matters much.
__________________
"Chic-Fi-La has an awful chicken sandwich"

-Said nobody, ever.


"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:39 AM #260
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Reading up on it, it sounds like a giant religious conference and you can't forget about Mormon's being able to rally. We go to church for three hours every Sunday.



Lower undergrads who never make the transition to upper undergrad and transfer/drop out. It's a pretty big deal within STEM education because the numbers are startling.
I'm not surprised. In all truth though, its probably for the better. Higher education should be reserved for the intellectual elite. I don't mean that in any sort of arbitrary wealth based or otherwise nonsensical conception of elite. Merit, ability define or ought to define the elite. Anyway. The vast majority of the population need only attend a trade school/apprenticeship. Hereditary nepatism is always and has always been a valid option on the table.

As I've said in the past. A degree does not make one intelligent. Nor does attending higher education. I've witnessed far too many engineers with pedigrees who are absolutely worthless outweigh those who are brilliant. When you can sit in a room and watch a project manager with no formal training literally rip apart 12 aerospace engineers while offering plausible design suggestions, you tend to see everything in a completely different light. This is one of many situations. I've had the pleasure if working alongside competent pedigree holders, don't get me wrong.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:41 AM #261
slateman
 
 
slateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chantilly, VA
slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
http://www.businessinsider.com/vante...-for-it-2012-8

CFO for Vante posted a video of himself, bullying a CFA worker in the drive thru

Vante promptly fired him.
__________________
In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it.
slateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 AM #262
Riley Coyote
It's bad for the sport.
 
Riley Coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore
Riley Coyote has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Riley Coyote has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
CNN just had the organizer for the "kiss in" day and only 13k people have signed up on facebook

the old man mike huckabee had over 600k people sign up on facebook and 20 million visits, yet CNN is already giving the "kiss in" day more coverage.....now i know why their ratings have gone down the ****ter

that's 8 people per chick fil a....and it's a kiss in with no set time so the chances of seeing it are pretty damn slim and if you go through the drive thru, null.
That's because most queer people think the kiss protest is ****ing stupid. Actually, most of them think this whole ****ing thing is stupid. Most people just stopped using their money at chic-fil-a and went on with their life.
Riley Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:47 AM #263
slateman
 
 
slateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chantilly, VA
slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley Coyote View Post
That's because most queer people think the kiss protest is ****ing stupid. Actually, most of them think this whole ****ing thing is stupid. Most people just stopped using their money at chic-fil-a and went on with their life.
Pretty much.
__________________
In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it.
slateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 AM #264
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I'm not surprised. In all truth though, its probably for the better. Higher education should be reserved for the intellectual elite. I don't mean that in any sort of arbitrary wealth based or otherwise nonsensical conception of elite. Merit, ability define or ought to define the elite. Anyway. The vast majority of the population need only attend a trade school/apprenticeship. Hereditary nepatism is always and has always been a valid option on the table.

As I've said in the past. A degree does not make one intelligent. Nor does attending higher education. I've witnessed far too many engineers with pedigrees who are absolutely worthless outweigh those who are brilliant. When you can sit in a room and watch a project manager with no formal training literally rip apart 12 aerospace engineers while offering plausible design suggestions, you tend to see everything in a completely different light. This is one of many situations. I've had the pleasure if working alongside competent pedigree holders, don't get me wrong.
I agree that trade school should be a viable option like it is everywhere but here. I can't say I've seen a project manager with no formal training rip into anyone as even the managers who do no technical work all have a degree in engineering or physics and Ph.D's being the norm.

I suppose you could say the machinists and technical guys put a lot of things into perspective from a reality standpoint but no one really rips into anyone. More like "Bob, we don't have a machine that can do that so we'll have to send it out."
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:52 AM #265
Matt.is.back2011
 
 
Matt.is.back2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
__________________
THE OHIO STATE
Class of 2011
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:58 AM #266
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
I agree that trade school should be a viable option like it is everywhere but here. I can't say I've seen a project manager with no formal training rip into anyone as even the managers who do no technical work all have a degree in engineering or physics and Ph.D's being the norm.

I suppose you could say the machinists and technical guys put a lot of things into perspective from a reality standpoint but no one really rips into anyone. More like "Bob, we don't have a machine that can do that so we'll have to send it out."
I believe it is just from working in the field for as long as he has. Bright fellow. The aerospace industry is filled with primadonnas however you spell it. Things get nasty when time constraint and schedule drive up tempers.

I think we more or less shun trade schooling is because of the unspoken standard that all can and should build rockets and blast off into space. For lack of a better explanation. Hopefully you catch the sentiment.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 08-03-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:00 AM #267
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
first the hate video from that adamn guy and now this...

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazin...astes_like.php


liberals up to it again...the most disruptive protesters ever

__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 08-03-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:05 AM #268
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
first the hate video from that adamn guy and now this...

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazin...astes_like.php


liberals up to it again...the most disruptive protesters ever
Protest is always disruptive.

You can't expect them to ever stop protesting. By virtue of individual autonomy there can never be an established norm. They actively work to destroy their opposition. It isn't a matter of agreeing to disagree or peaceful tolerance. For them, vandalism and ad hom are each justified by virtue of their cause. Civility be damned.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 08-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 AM #269
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Protest is always disruptive.

You can't expect them to ever stop protesting. By virtue of individual autonomy there can never be an established norm.
no it's not the tea party protest were very civil and we never had people walking around with signs about killing cops, had people ****ting and pissing in the streets, or engaging in any other sort of disgusting unlawful act

a bunch of freakin animals...grown men and women acting like children rolling a house or trying to bully their peers
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 08-03-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:10 AM #270
Matt.is.back2011
 
 
Matt.is.back2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Eat Moar H8.


I went to Chic-fil-A and ordered a water.
__________________
THE OHIO STATE
Class of 2011
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:10 AM #271
FreeEnterprise
 
 
FreeEnterprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Chester, Ohio
FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
The hate video guy got FIRED from his CFO job, and all reference to his teaching gig has been scrubbed from the schools site, along with his linkedin pages and facebook pages being scrubbed...

Guess it wasn't the reaction he expected.

This article was spot on though...

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/...vEtWM.facebook
__________________

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:10 AM #272
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
no it's not the tea party protest were very civil and we never had people walking around with signs about killing cops, had people ****ting and pissing in the streets, or engaging in any other sort of disgusting unlawful act

a bunch of freakin animals...grown men and women acting like children rolling a house or trying to bully their peers
Disruptive doesn't have to be synonymous with destructive.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:11 AM #273
LOL Renegade
 
 
LOL Renegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedButton View Post
I mean, you pretty much out yourself as an ignorant jerk right here, and thus your capacity for a coherent argument is VASTLY compromised. You are perpetuating everything that is running this country on a course for all out cultural civil war.

Why isn't marriage a civil right? Under what principles or laws can you justify that statement, other than a. something biblical or b. "cause it just isn't"
Find me where it says in the constitution that marriage is a right.


Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
It doesn't
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump