Old 08-01-2012, 08:11 PM #1
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

ncstatered21 supports Team VICIOUS
ncstatered21 is an NCPA player
ncstatered21 supports DLX Technology
Prophecy issue

Guys,

I could not get my prophecy to work properly today. I would go to shoot and it would shoot a few balls but when I ramped it quit feeding. I tried all kinds of different settings but nothing worked. I couldn't even get it to feed when I would press motor advance or use the turn wheel.

Any suggestions? I just replaced the board with one from KEE. Did I not put something together right?
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM #2
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon is a founding member
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends VII
Simon supports Team VICIOUS
Sounds like the anti-jam might not be in place properly. Something definitely isn't right.

Check out the assembly videos from the thread in my sig, or on my youtube channel and double check it is all together properly.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:00 PM #3
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

I went right off of your assembly videos on how to put it together. I will got ahead and reassemble everything. I found an old thread that looked like it may be my issue (where the track wasn't flush with the clear slide) but found out it wasn't true.

Imma go ahead and check it out and report back.

What setting do you suggest? The default ones in manual? I'm shooting it on a Mini.

It seemed to feed the balls once I shook it and made some noise but I had the sound sensitivity at like 5 and it was still doing this.

EDIT: I just fed it while it was off of my marker and just kept pressing the feed button and everything fed just fine. There was nothing that got stuck or anything. Seems like it just stops feeding when it is on the marker and using sound. Would stack monitoring have anything to do with it?

Last edited by ncstatered21 : 08-01-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:13 AM #4
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fresh batteries, it sounds like a possible battery issue. Put some fresh name brand quality batteries in there, you would be surprised what a fresh set of batteries can accomplish.

I dont think stack monitoring has anything to do with it. I forgot if the regular Prophecies have a separate torque and speed setting. If they do try turning up the torque.

As for the rest of your settings, default should work fine, but thats one of those things that you decide is best. Also have you messed around with the clutch drive at all?

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:02 AM #5
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

There is only a speed, no torque setting. I have fairly fresh Energizers in it (only used it for about three pods and messing around).

Yes I have messed with the clutch drive system and the magnets are on default if that is what you are asking.

I'll try a fresh set but I would hope that the ones in it aren't fresh enough cause them is expensive.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:11 AM #6
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Is the drive underneath trying to rotate with every shot?

If it is and it is spinning a good amount then that leads to a clutch issue (make sure the magnets are down flush, all the same way around, and there isn't any metal stuck under a magnet keeping them up from the plate).

If it is trying to rotate but can't it leads to a shell or internal part causing a jam issue. Did you check the list of jam locations from the Prophecy FAQ? Most notably the rear shells where they come together, the floor where it interacts with the slide, and the anti-jam where is sits into the back bone.

If you'd like to take a set of pictures showing those areas I can double check it looks good.

Leave motor sensing on. If you don't have RF try 5,5,2,1 on the settings.

One last thing (actually two) to check. Is the belt clean and no grease or paintball residue on it. Is it the new smaller belt? Ok three... and is the pin through the gear/pulley all the way into the back bone making sure the pulley is square? (Look in from the side of the drive to check that).
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM #7
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Simon,

Thanks for the very detailed response. I'm at work for now but will be getting off in a few hours and will go through all that.

I followed the step by step guide of making sure the shells were on correctly. The only thing was there was a very small gap on each side where the tabs are (talking 2-4mm maybe). No matter what I did those tabs would not sit flush.

Also another area that didn't seem to come together perfectly was around the feedneck. I could not get that gap to close in closely but when I put it on my gun it comes together so I figured that was okay.

I did realize last night when going through a few things that the magnets were not pushed all the way down.

I'm going to be shooting a few pods through it later today to test things.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM #8
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstatered21 View Post
Simon,

Thanks for the very detailed response. I'm at work for now but will be getting off in a few hours and will go through all that.

I followed the step by step guide of making sure the shells were on correctly. The only thing was there was a very small gap on each side where the tabs are (talking 2-4mm maybe). No matter what I did those tabs would not sit flush.

Also another area that didn't seem to come together perfectly was around the feedneck. I could not get that gap to close in closely but when I put it on my gun it comes together so I figured that was okay.

I did realize last night when going through a few things that the magnets were not pushed all the way down.

I'm going to be shooting a few pods through it later today to test things.
It doesnt sound like its assembled 100% correctly. The first time I got my Prophecy it took me a good 30 minutes to put back together the first time 100% correctly, I had probably one of the worst lol. I kept playing with it though and I got it, and now it takes like 5 seconds.

You just have to keep fooling with it, but usually what you need to do is just keep pressing down on the shell until it is all the way in. Also it sometimes doesnt fit right on the back, you can ignore that part, and when the rest of it is in place it usually just takes a small flex to get it to click in place. This is something that is hard to help you with online.

If that doesnt fix anything, I would still suggest a new set of batteries.

Also are pinching any wires? I would run a good check on the harness.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:08 PM #9
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike

It doesnt sound like its assembled 100% correctly. The first time I got my Prophecy it took me a good 30 minutes to put back together the first time 100% correctly, I had probably one of the worst lol. I kept playing with it though and I got it, and now it takes like 5 seconds.

You just have to keep fooling with it, but usually what you need to do is just keep pressing down on the shell until it is all the way in. Also it sometimes doesnt fit right on the back, you can ignore that part, and when the rest of it is in place it usually just takes a small flex to get it to click in place. This is something that is hard to help you with online.

If that doesnt fix anything, I would still suggest a new set of batteries.

Also are pinching any wires? I would run a good check on the harness.
I swear I have put it together like 4 different times and something different doesn't seem right each time. The motor wires are not pinching I know that but the battery harness may be.

After fixing the magnets last night imma try an run a pod through it this evening.

I also think I may have over filled the hopper a few different times yesterday at the field which I didn't think was possible.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:07 PM #10
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Well just got done doing some experimenting. I shot a pod through it today with stock settings and it seemed to be too slow. Then I tried your settings Simon at 5, 5, 2, 1 and it seems to fast (ball breaks and alot of them). So I then lowered the settings to 4, 5, 2, 1 and it seemed to be okay when I would start ramping. So far so good...maybe I just couldn't sweet spot the settings yesterday.

The only thing I had done last night that you suggested Simon was made sure the magnets on the clutch drive were flush. I also know that the drive belt was clean. So do you think the magnets not being flush could've been the issue?

Also one or two of my clutch magnets have the shiny finish coming off of them...could that be an issue?

Thanks guys! Things are solved I think...for now...
Old 08-02-2012, 04:24 PM #11
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
The magnets not being flush means the clutch slips too easily and could have been the issue.

The magnets having the shiny break off could mean bits of that are getting under the plate lifting it up so the clutch slips too easily and could also have been the issue.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:43 PM #12
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
The magnets not being flush means the clutch slips too easily and could have been the issue.

The magnets having the shiny break off could mean bits of that are getting under the plate lifting it up so the clutch slips too easily and could also have been the issue.
Alright. Everything thing seems fine now. Maybe I'll paint the magnets. Hopefully I don't have any other issues. But the clutch slipping does seem to explain the issues i have having.

Thanks!

Last edited by ncstatered21 : 08-02-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 PM #14
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Hate to bring this thread back from the dead but I'm still having issues. Everything is assembled correctly even from the ground up. What seems to be the issue is everytime there is a full pod (as well as full hopper) the top part of the clutch spins while the bottom part does not. It's almost the same as me putting my finger in the feedneck and trying to feed it. The balls just go no where and the bottom mechanism just does not push the balls through.

I've about had it with going out to the field and having the prophecy stop working at a critical time. Its killng me and hurting my game. I just don't understand how the clutch continues to slip. Imma about to this dang thing.

BLAHHHHHHHH

Everyone keeps telling me to get a rotor. But I've got this hopper and it needs to work.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 AM #15
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Sounds like the clutch isn't set up properly. Does it have all of the magnets in the top piece? Are they all facing the same way? Are they all down fully? Is there anything stuck on the underside keeping the magents up from the plate?

This can also happen because the loader isn't assembled correctly and the balls are hung up making the loader just spin the clutch. Double check the back where the shells go together. The outlet area, and the area in front of the motor. Pictures in the Prophecy thread in my signature here http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post56758033
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM #16
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
Sounds like the clutch isn't set up properly. Does it have all of the magnets in the top piece? Are they all facing the same way? Are they all down fully? Is there anything stuck on the underside keeping the magents up from the plate?

This can also happen because the loader isn't assembled correctly and the balls are hung up making the loader just spin the clutch. Double check the back where the shells go together. The outlet area, and the area in front of the motor. Pictures in the Prophecy thread in my signature here http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post56758033
Ah yes I'd hope to see a response from you Simon. Thank you!

1. The top part (drive carrier extension correct?) has six magnets set up in the default confirguration according to the manual.
2. Does all the magnets need to have the positive side facing one way? I just put them in there in the appropriate holes...not thinking about which direction they were facing.
3. The are all flush to the top of the drive carrier extension. In the manual it looks like they are mostly flush toward the top. Should they be pushed further in so that they are magnet plate on the clutch plate housing?
4. There is nothing between the the drive carrier extension or clutch plate housing that is preventing anything.
5. I'll check again but when I reassembled last night everything seemed aligned correctly although it took a few times. The clear slide just refused to sit below the left body shell. But after trying a few different angles and such it is all good. I'll recheck a little later today.

Let me know about those magents!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:46 AM #17
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
The magnets should be all the same way around and flush to the bottom when in use so that they are touching the metal plate. If they are up high that is a huge issue. Even if they are held up with a bit of magnetic dirt under them, it can reduce the force so much that the clutch slips too easily.

Put the extension on a flat surface with the carrier extension the right way up, and push all of the magnets down so they touch the flat surface. Sounds like that will solve it.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 AM #18
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
The magnets should be all the same way around and flush to the bottom when in use so that they are touching the metal plate. If they are up high that is a huge issue. Even if they are held up with a bit of magnetic dirt under them, it can reduce the force so much that the clutch slips too easily.

Put the extension on a flat surface with the carrier extension the right way up, and push all of the magnets down so they touch the flat surface. Sounds like that will solve it.
Will do an I'll check back in. It was hard to tell from the manual that those magnets were flush to the bottom and not top. It would make complete sense though. Like I said previously in this thread they have lost their metal shine so I'll make sure all those pieces are gone.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM #19
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Wooooo everything is goood. Now I feel dumb for not realizing that was the problem. I mean it makes so much sense. But it's all good...I now know this hopper back to front and top to bottom.

Was happily able to put stock settings on and run a FULL hopper. Ahhh much relief.

Thanks again Simon and of course KEE. I don't plan on coming back with any other issues.

Hopefully people who don't realize the magnets go all the way down see this thread.