OSU1989
OSU

OSU1989 supports Sherwood Forest
OSU1989 posts videos on PbNation
OSU1989 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
OSU1989 supports DLX Technology
Local trade gone weird, please share some advice

Hello,

So around a week ago, I decided to trade both of my G6Rs (2011 G6R and a 2012 G6R) for some new gun just to try out something new. Then after I made the gold-upped thread I remembered how much I enjoyed the Luxe 1.5 when I had it and decided I would try to trade both of my guns for either a 1.5 or a 2.0 if possible. The following day, I get a PM from a fellow member (PBloler) stating that he is interested in trading his Luxe 2.0 for both of my G6Rs. This seemed perfect as it is the gun I wanted and he was in the same state as me so I could trade it locally and pick it up the same day and also test fire it before to see how the gun shoots. So we both said "it's a deal!" and edited our threads to mark our guns as traded. I thought maybe we should meet at his house so that we could fire it on his property as we probably couldn't shoot it elsewhere. He kept insisting that we meet at a local paintball store so that he could fill his tank and he did not want to disclose his address to me, so I went along with it, big mistake. We agreed to meet the following day (today, 7-31-2012) at the Columbus paintball store (Ohio Paintball) at 11:00 AM. The next day I drive to Columbus and wait for him to arrive at the store. He comes a little late, no big deal I am not in a rush anywhere. I get out of the car, open my trunk and begin showing him both of the guns as well as all of the upgrades I included with both of the guns. He holds both guns and then begins to show me the Luxe 2.0 that he intends to trade for my two guns. I observe the gun, turn it on, the solenoid clicks, great condition, the guy seems like he's an alright trader (10/0/0 feedback) so I decide to trust him and exchange the guns and shake hands as well as agree to leave each other feedback when we get home. We both go inside the store to fill our tanks and swap regulators (I gave him an SLP for a mid-pressure reg), after which we get in our respective cars and drive away. I drive home in a great mood as everything went as smooth as possible and I cannot wait to shoot the Luxe. About 2 hours after we made the trade, I get a text message from him stating: "Hey both of your guns are leaking". I reply to him: "Both of the guns shot exceptionally well on Sunday (7-29-2012) and since then the only thing that I did to them was add a drop of triflow to each of the bolts (without removing the bolt) and place each G6R into their boxes". It is clearly something that happened while it was in his possession as a good number of people can vouch that both G6Rs shot well that Sunday, no leaks or any other problems. In addition to this each of our threads included that "the gun leaves my hands in fully working condition, if there is a problem following the deal, I assume that it is your fault". So I tell him these two points and he begins acting immature and threatening me with every unlikely scenario in the book. At this point, I get frustrated and turn my phone off for a few hours hoping this nonsense will stop. While my phone is off, my frustration wears off and I begin to feel a tad bit bad for the guy. So I turn my phone back on and inform him that I will help him cover the costs of shipping/service at BLAST, which is something that I am not obligated to do but I actually fell a little sorry for the guy. Since I sent that text, I have yet to get a reply.

I am honestly not interested in scamming anyone and never have. I have exceptional feedback with a load of high end gun trades and have never sent or traded a faulty gun with anyone and I am sure that all the members that have dealt with me, can vouch for me. I am about to finish my degree and go to graduate school so I would not risk my life and future with anything as dumb as scamming someone out of a paintball gun.

So, I would like to know what you guys would do in this situation, some advice would definitely help me deal with this as I have never been involved in anything like this.

Thank you for reading.
OSU1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2012, 08:52 PM #2
Km290206

How does his luxe shoot? And why in the world on both ends would you travel to meet a person face to face and not shoot the market or at-least air it up? if it isn't too far and you want resolve the issue. Possibly meet up with him again and go through the guns together, you aren't obligated to do so but it may be something minuscule like an oring etc.
Km290206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:10 PM #3
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Putting in your thread "my guns are in working order and if you report them as otherwise then it is totally your fault" holds zero weight. I hate seeing this in people's posts. Saying that and sending me a faulty gun does not make it right and I tend to avoid threads all together. I have no care or opinion as to what happens but that line does less than nothing.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 PM #4
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

has been a member for 10 years
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Since having met in person both markers should have been tested and shown to work, even if not a priority to check for the buyer You as a seller chould/should have suggested it to cover your *** in the long wrong, just like making a video of testing before shipping a marker out..

if there had been an issue with the markers you would have noticed right then and there and you could have checked and fixed it and both of you would have had piece of mind.

Now, you dont know if there was an issue before or after he started toying with them and its going to be your word against his.

Suggest you both meet at a reasonable location to you both, and make sure to bring an air tank with air, some tools and maybe a pod of paint..

before touching them yourself, ask him to show you what he has done ,how he uses/works with em, maybe it was something simple..

if still and issue thats not user related try to help him correct the issue.
it will show him you are willing to work with him and not give him the shaft.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:37 PM #5
IBleed Arbor
vtec just kicked in, yo!

IBleed Arbor plays in the PSP
IBleed Arbor owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
IBleed Arbor is reppin' sidebar 4 life
IBleed Arbor is Boss
IBleed Arbor supports DLX Technology
Why the hell did you meet in person if you didn't shoot the guns?
IBleed Arbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:42 PM #6
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleed Arbor View Post
Why the hell did you meet in person if you didn't shoot the guns?

To touch each other in weird places and make out...duh!

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 PM #7
IBleed Arbor
vtec just kicked in, yo!

IBleed Arbor plays in the PSP
IBleed Arbor owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
IBleed Arbor is reppin' sidebar 4 life
IBleed Arbor is Boss
IBleed Arbor supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13

To touch each other in weird places and make out...duh!
It would appear so.
IBleed Arbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:06 PM #8
PaintballRightMeow

PaintballRightMeow is for the Gunfight
I received a gun after paying cash for it via PP. I got it and the gun leaked - it was actually pretty awful. The guy claimed that it shot perfect when he sent it out. Well, the guy ended up getting a tech to contact me and he thought it was the diaphragm. I took the gun apart and that wasn't the problem. I found out that the wiring of the solenoid were squished instead, but this wasn't what was causing the gun to leak. I re-lubed everything and then the gun worked fine. Lesson learned.

But here's where it gets interesting. The wiring of the solenoid started to rub away and then eventually the wires got cut and the gun didn't work altogether. I finally ended up soldering the wires back together and using super glue as a protector. It works FLAWLESSLY now, but at the time, it was the biggest pain in the ***. I got ahold of a brand new solenoid and just made a trade with someone on the Nation. Sent him the new solenoid just in case. I would hate for someone to go through the same experience.

Just get ahold of the guy you traded with, take the guns into the store with him (showing that you at least care enough not to **** him over) and tell them exactly what the situation is so they can fix the guns. If he purposely destroyed something in order to benefit from the trade, the paintball techs should be keen on that. It's easy to tell if a wire has been cut with a knife/scissors. Who knows...
Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 AM #9
hardpainball
Easy & Painless

hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
IMO if a guy gets to hold the gun and has air in the tank he can't claim that it leaks later on. The main reason to meet at the field is to be able to test it. If he had the opportunity to test it and choose not to do so it's his own fault.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:15 AM #10
PaintballRightMeow

PaintballRightMeow is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardpainball
IMO if a guy gets to hold the gun and has air in the tank he can't claim that it leaks later on. The main reason to meet at the field is to be able to test it. If he had the opportunity to test it and choose not to do so it's his own fault.
I agree with this man.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:06 PM #11
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
As others have said, you should have both shot your markers there. You met at a store, specifically to do the trade, and to get your tanks filled. So, you should have gotten the tanks filled, and then tried them out right away. There have been so many threads that had one person claim that their stuff worked great, and they have X person who can verify it, just the day before the trade or shipping. Does not matter. If marker does not work for the person, then unless you can prove, and beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it worked when you shipped it, then you are still technically liable. And doing a face to face meeting with someone is around the same thing. If not worse, because you are there, face to face, with the person.

If you contacted him back, and said that you are willing to help him out, and he hasn't responded to you, give it a bit of time. If he does not get back to you in a week, then I would think that you would be "off the hook", so to speak, with your end of things.

From what I can see, just off the bat, he may be a bit full of it. If both of them leaked, as you said that he claimed, he is most likely trying to trade off one of them despite the leak(s) that it has:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...=#post76327962
He has been active here on the Nation since the trade happened with you, you both mentioned on Monday that you are trading, and here it is Wednesday.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 PM #12
Km290206

If he is stating your gun as lnib, I wouldn't help this guy out a bit because he is obviously full of it and trying to get a handout.
Km290206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:35 PM #13
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VIII
trancer23 is Legendary
buyers remorse, plain and simple. HE agreed to trade, no longer your problem.

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:01 PM #14
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardpainball View Post
If he had the opportunity to test it and choose not to do so (and then completed the trade anyway) it's his own fault.
truth
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:11 PM #15
sweetd330

Annual Supporting Member
sweetd330 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sweetd330 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sweetd330 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
sweetd330 supports Pev's Paintball
sweetd330 is Legendary
sweetd330 supports DLX Technology
sweetd330 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
This.
Its been in his possession, you dont know what hes done since you traded. He had the chance to air it up and shoot it, and chose not to. Youre even going the extra mile and offering to help cover the charges to send it to Blast, pretty stand up in my opinion.
I wouldnt retrade guns if thats what he wants, instead follow through with offering to help with servicing, if he doesnt accept the help then its just buyers/traders remorse. If he accepts itll cost you like $20 and you both have fully functioning guns.
United Fire Company 3
sweetd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:01 AM #16
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
The fact you have offered to help with shipping to BLAST proves to me you are a stand up guy. Nothing more you can do.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:21 PM #17
aimeagle21
I'm kind of a big deal!

Annual Supporting Member
aimeagle21 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
aimeagle21 plays in the APPA D4 division
Exactly^ and thats actually being nice enough to go out of your way.

And as others have stated the deal is done and you traded shaking hands. its his issue now.
Old style trust
aimeagle21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:09 AM #18
ActionExpress
Alex Williams

ActionExpress plays in the PSP
ActionExpress plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosaaber View Post
truth
Yep. I met a guy once to buy a marker and it leaked once we aired it up. He tried to fix it for about 20 min before I said, "No thanks." He understood and didn't hassle me. Why would you not air it up and try to shoot it on the spot if you met in person?
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM #19
CCHPB8
Kentucky Karma

CCHPB8 is for the Gunfight
CCHPB8 plays in the APPA beginner division
CCHPB8 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CCHPB8 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Sounds like your doing everything you can to help the guy, and from what you say it sounds like it was a fair trade. Hope everything turns out ok.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:37 AM #20
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
We are only getting one side of the story. I would be interested in his end of the story.

As far as I am concerned if I made a trade and I had air with me and didn't bother to test for leaks I get what I deserve.

Last time I met a local guy to buy a marker he went on and on about the features and I finally cut him off and said "Can I air it up?" he said sure. I threw my tank on aired it up, waited a few seconds and heard no leaks, put a couple dry fires through to make sure the bolt cycled, turned the air off, turned the air back on, still no leak, handed the man the money and told him to have a good day.

Never had a single problem with the marker.

If a person doesn't bother then I wouldn't bother with him.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:50 PM #21
rubenpr79
Principe

Annual Supporting Member
rubenpr79 plays in the PSP
rubenpr79 is Boss
rubenpr79 supports DLX Technology
Go back to the same place and have a tech as a third party to look at the guns !!!