Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM #1
Winchester214

Winchester214 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Winchester214 supports Team VICIOUS
Winchester214 plays in the APPA D4 division
Outkast

alright so im narrowing my choices for cockers, just ruled out any trilogys, i want something not to pricey but better than a trilogy and i want a pump kit but i do plan on switching the pump kit for semi and semi for pumpkit now and then. what do you guys think of an outkast for that criteria?
Xtreme ANXIETY #14

THERE IS A FAT KID ON EVERY PAINTBALL TEAM. IF YOU ARE THAT FAT KID, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG
Winchester214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2012, 10:58 AM #2
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
You should buy a pump cocker you think looks cool in the B/S/T, and then build a front block to fit it. The stock pneumatics are OK, but aftermarket ones can make an OK marker into an awesome one. You'll also need an actuating rod that's the right length for whatever body you get. Or you could buy the mech first, because the market is worse you'll get a better deal overall.

Steer clear of anything Psycho Ballistics. If it says dye cocker in the title, make sure it's not a knockoff. Dragun made poor quality fake cockers that aren't compatible with standard parts. Avoid those too.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:05 AM #3
Winchester214

that would probably be a good idea if i had ever had an autococker before, i was planning on taking it apart and trying to learn about it, so ya im pretty clueless when it comes to cockers right now but i shot my teammates and loved it and would like one myself so thats why im lookin.

im really thinkin an outkast though i just love the way they look, but i dont know enough to build a front block :/
Xtreme ANXIETY #14

THERE IS A FAT KID ON EVERY PAINTBALL TEAM. IF YOU ARE THAT FAT KID, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG
Old 07-31-2012, 11:43 AM #4
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

it's as good as any other body. And there's no such thing as a "pump cocker" (I guess except for pneu-assist snipers maybe?), they're called snipers.
Hogzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:48 AM #5
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Intern1 supports Empire
Outkast are cool, but I personally dont think the are worth the money over a regular 2k+ cocker. I'm not saying that they aren't better cuz they are. I'm just saying I personally don't think the difference is worht the mark up. Also most cockers are going to be just as easy to switch from pump to semi and semi to pump so one model isn't going to make a difference over the other. If you want to learn about cockers then you should try and get a cheap vert feed and just upgrade as you go along. There really aren't many parts to a cocker and you would end up having a truly custom one along with a lot more knowledge about how they work. If you have the extra money to spend and like the looks a lot better than get the outkast, but if you want to save some money just get a regular 2k+ cocker. Just my 2 cents
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 AM #6
Winchester214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogzilla88 View Post
it's as good as any other body. And there's no such thing as a "pump cocker" (I guess except for pneu-assist snipers maybe?), they're called snipers.
He means an autococker with a pump kit on it and ive heard more people call it a pump cocker than a sniper
Xtreme ANXIETY #14

Old 07-31-2012, 12:19 PM #7
Gooseman

Gooseman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Gooseman plays in the APPA D5 division
I would recommend the exact opposite of the first post.

Pick up a nice condition stock 03-04 WGP cocker, as they go for cheap and are great platforms to upgrade on. Then buy a pump kit for it.

For some reason it seems these days you can take a cocker, slap a pump kit on it, and sell it for double the price it's worth??

I'm not sure what the deal is with that trend, but you will likely save money picking up a fully operational autococker first, then getting a pump kit yourself.
Gooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 PM #8
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester214 View Post
He means an autococker with a pump kit on it and ive heard more people call it a pump cocker than a sniper
well when you put a pump kit on it, it no longer "automatically cocks". So it's not an autococker.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:22 AM #9
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 supports Empire
Thats probably why he called it a PUMP cocker and not an AUTO cocker.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:39 AM #10
Winchester214

Alright enough that's not what this is about, I need a cocker that I can put a pump kit on, that I can mod the s*** out of. Do you guys think an outkast for this?
Xtreme ANXIETY #14

Last edited by Winchester214 : 08-01-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:31 AM #11
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 supports Empire
Sure, an outkast will be great. Simply put an outkast is a some what an already modded factory autococker. If you want to do all the mods yourself to learn and have it be completly tailored to your liking then get a regular 2k+ cocker. If you want a cocker that is great already out of the box and needs little mods to be a kick*** pump then get the outkast.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:40 AM #12
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
Thats probably why he called it a PUMP cocker and not an AUTO cocker.
"cocker"=autococker
Old 08-01-2012, 11:30 AM #13
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 supports Empire
Cocker is the type and auto and pump are adjectives to describe that particular cocker. Well thats atleast how most i have spoken with veiw it. You can what ever you want really. Not to mention if you look around most people just call them pumps, wether they be cocker pumps, or phamtoms or whatever else they have.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:41 AM #14
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

Quote:
Cocker is the type and auto and pump are adjectives to describe that particular cocker. Well thats atleast how most i have spoken with veiw it. You can what ever you want really. Not to mention if you look around most people just call them pumps, wether they be cocker pumps, or phamtoms or whatever else they have.
That's just wrong. There are autocockers, and there are snipers. "Cocker pump" or "pump autococker" don't even make sense. Everyone you've spoken with is wrong then.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:47 PM #15
tacxplosion

Quote:
'cockers are actually sheridan type poppets, 'cocker is a contraction for autococker, so it's no longer a 'cocker if it can't cock itself without the operator (lol operator...) manually cocking it. The proper term for a pump made with a 'cocker pattern body (actually it's the other way around, but I digress) is "sniper" (hence "the other way around", 'cocker is a self cocking marker made with of a sniper pattern body).

This is like the your/you're argument, people will still understand you if you write either one incorrectly, but it doesn't mean it's the right way to write it. And it just infuriates purists ('cockers)/grammar nazis (your/you're).

Back on topic though, any 2k+ body made by WGP (including the outkast) will perform the same as long as it has the same parts. Other than that it's all about the looks.

Last edited by tacxplosion : 08-01-2012 at 12:51 PM.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM #16
dirtraven

dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
I have an Outkast autococker and a Prostock Pump. The Outkast has a different milling and a removable feedneck which the Prostock doesn't. I would recommend you get a body that has a removable feedneck.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
dirtraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:16 PM #17
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 supports Empire
All I am trying to say is pumpcocker is not some off the wall term that needs to be corrected everytime someone says it. Pumpcocker is a widely used term that almost everyone knows what it means and going around correcting people when they use it is just useless nit picking. I'm not trying to get anyone to stop using the term sniper. You can call it whatever you want. Just don't go around being some kind of pump grammar snob when all someone wants to know is an outkast would make a good pump gun.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:23 PM #18
addicted2dunes

addicted2dunes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Holy smokes guys, SHUT UP! We understand what everyone is saying, whether or not "cocker" is used in the sentence.

dirtraven is correct. Basically any "cocker" after 2K will be what you want. All the internals are all the same, it's all about what milling you like. My personal favorite is the '03 Prostock, I love the lines on that as it matches my Tactical well too.
If we nit pick, then I don't mean "any cocker" after 2K are the same, but you get the jist. Karnivors, SR's, Trilogy's, etc are different then a 2K cocker. But your 2K, Outkast, Nightkast, Prostock, Superstock, VF Tactical, etc are the same internally.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:41 PM #19
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtraven View Post
I have an Outkast autococker and a Prostock Pump. The Outkast has a different milling and a removable feedneck which the Prostock doesn't. I would recommend you get a body that has a removable feedneck.
Best advice so far.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:25 AM #20
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

to be honest....if you can find a nicer trilogy like a pro or tactical they arent bad at all, pretty bulletproof too.

the psychoballistics ones arent THAT bad either. the bodies and frames are nice and light, its just the pneumatics leak 95% of the time...3 way is decent though once you put some new o-rings on it. you wont have any of those problems with a pump though.

removeable feedneck is also a pretty good idea. although a 12v revvy fits perfectly. really its just a matter of picking one you like at the price you want to pay for it.