Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-31-2013, 02:26 PM #1
Mrpwnage627

What to upgrade?

Ok, so right now I have a gOg eNMEy, Proto Primo loader, 48 3000 ninja tank, a 4 pod harness and 4 pods, and a JT nvader 2 mask. I currently don't have a jersey, pants, or pads, but I am getting knee and elbow pads before the next time I go out to play. I was wondering, in what order should I begin upgrading? I was thinking mask, then tank, then some pants and maybe a jersey, then the loader, and lastly the gun. What do you guys think? Thanks for any help.
Mrpwnage627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2013, 03:57 PM #2
millerkiller
R.I.P Jason Leffler

millerkiller supports Team VICIOUS
millerkiller supports Empire
Me personaly i would go: Mask, Hopper, Tank, pants, gun, then jersey (just becasue i all most never use mine)
millerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:50 PM #3
Jono14
Ya hoser

Jono14 posts videos on PbNation
Jono14 supports Pev's Paintball
Jono14 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jono14 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jono14 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would get a used jersey and pants for cheap, then go mask, and then maybe get a few extras, like a remote coil, etc. Then when you uprgrade the gun, upgrade the hopper, cause if your gun isn't auto or ramping, I wouldn't buy and electric loader.

Nova Scotia Paintball: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nova-S...32981206773966
Jono14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:06 AM #4
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
1. The best mask you can afford, comfort, and a good thermal lens (preferably dual paned)

2. loader buy a good load right away as this can cause you the most frustration.
(Halo Scion, Empire Prophecy, Z2, Rotor or spire) all worth the money The spire has a lifetime warranty, can't really beat that.

3. tank - more shots and can fill off of either fill station at the field. make sure to get a 4500 psi tank in a comfortable size (talk to your local pro shop about the best size)

4. Pants and/or pads (knee and elbow) if you are going to play serious you will get banged up and you'll regret not having pads after years of abusing your body.

5. marker (a decent electronic marker with psp and semi auto will get the job done) make sure its a reliable gun with a warranty

6. Jersey (this is last cause hell you can play in a cheap thrift store long sleeve)
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:32 PM #5
Shiner777
Seahawks Nation

Shiner777 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shiner777 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Shiner777 plays in the APPA D4 division
Shiner777 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I would do exactly as ^^^ this kindhearted user has spoken exactly to the "T"
Shiner777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:39 PM #6
iboomalot

iboomalot is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverJ View Post
1. The best mask you can afford, comfort, and a good thermal lens (preferably dual paned) -- LOOK into Vforce

2. loader buy a good load right away as this can cause you the most frustration. Prophecy V2 then add Z2 backbone if you ever break the feedneck

3. tank - more shots and can fill off of either fill station at the field. make sure to get a 4500 psi tank in a comfortable size (talk to your local pro shop about the best size)

4. Pants and/or pads (knee and elbow) if you are going to play serious you will get banged up and you'll regret not having pads after years of abusing your body.

5. marker (a decent electronic marker with psp and semi auto will get the job done) make sure its a reliable gun with a warranty BL Victory V1 or V2 for $500 - $700

6. Jersey (this is last cause hell you can play in a cheap thrift store long sleeve)
I agree but those are my suggestions in bold

might add #7. Covered coil remote with On/Off slide check & remote fill whip.

I love playing with a covered coil remote: 1. my 110ci/4500 won't fit on a gun (see #3 above) 2. even a light tank is still 2 lbs extra on the gun 3. instant removal from air 4. more shooting positions since tank doesn't get in the way. Also I don't have to worry about a "comfortable size"

VISIT www.expandinghealthcare.com for 30%-50% off dental costs with Aetna for $9.95/month which includes entire family

Last edited by iboomalot : 09-24-2013 at 09:46 PM.
iboomalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:54 PM #7
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey there!
Sounds like a pretty good setup for you, if you're looking at upgrading then I have a few suggestions.
1. Mask. If you like your mask, keep it. If it's comfortable, breathes well, and doesn't fog, then you're set. If you hate any aspect of it in the slightest bit, time for a new mask. I love my Proflex, others like their Dye i4s, other people like Empire eFlexes, others like VForces.

2. Hopper. You have a gravity hopper, which will do the job to a certain point, but when you really need firepower downrange it'll leave you high and dry. I'd recommend picking up a Halo/Reloader B. They're at max $40, parts are highly available, and they'll do 28 bps without problem. Not as fast as the Dye Rotor or the Prophecy, but do you really need 40bps? Most fields cap at 12.5, so you'll never need anything faster than that unless you go to Europe or something...

3. Tank. I have your tank's bigger brother, the 62/3000 and it's a big honkin' tank. Weighs half a ton and is big as a boat, but it gives me shots. I'd get whatever Ninja tank fits you. Some like the 68/45, others swear by the 50/45. Still others go with oddball sizes like the 90/45 or the 45/45...whatever floats your boat, but make sure it's a Ninja!

4. Clothing. I play with an Army Combat Shirt with built in elbow pads and that seems to do excellently for me. I never have used knee pads, so you'd have to ask someone else concerning that...

5. Marker. Rather than investing a bunch of cash in upgrades for your marker, I'd save that money for something a little better like an Etha or a used Ego. These will allow you the most flexibility on the field.

This is what I would do!
Noah

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote