Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-28-2012, 12:12 PM #1
Airborneltp

Broken Epiphany board

Now I know that it could be possible to solder on the power button on the board but i do not have the little chip anymore.... i am looking for the on/off switch that is a small tiny peice that solders onto the board in the SW3 designated spot on the board.... i dont want to spend 100 bucks because this stupid piece broke off!!! someone please help... or sell me their broken board so i can mix match parts and fix this thing
Airborneltp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:22 PM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneltp View Post
Now I know that it could be possible to solder on the power button on the board but i do not have the little chip anymore.... i am looking for the on/off switch that is a small tiny peice that solders onto the board in the SW3 designated spot on the board.... i dont want to spend 100 bucks because this stupid piece broke off!!! someone please help... or sell me their broken board so i can mix match parts and fix this thing
Unfortunately, I forgot what the part number is for that stupid little power button. I contacted GOG several months ago about the same issue. They said "If it is the stock board or the DYNASTY board, we can replace the button for $15.00 and get you the button that goes on the grip frame for $2.50."

On the other hand, if you don't want to send it in to GOG, you can always do this Membrane switch modification

and that modification should work with any momentary switch (make sure it doesn't lock in place)
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 AM #3
Airborneltp

Found a Solution

I spent a long time surfing the web trying to find anyone who sold circuit board parts.

http://www.zdspb.com/store/elect_switches.html

There you will find the TT/Cannon board switch - $1.55/ea. Such an awesome find, already ordered my replacement parts and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

I would recommend anyone to this site if they every broke their on switch to their Epiphany circuit board.
Airborneltp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 PM #4
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Awesome find! I knew they were laying around somewhere. I think I'll pick up a few as well.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote