Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-26-2012, 07:03 PM #1
KAZ14

eXTCy Problem...please help

So I broke out my eXTCy for the first time this past weekend, and everything was great for the first half of the day. It was shooting hard and straight, but after lunch, that all changed.

After a quick sandwich, I went back onto the field, and noticed some shots were normal, others kinda dribbled out of the barrel. Tank was still halfway full, but it was very inconsistent. Then after a pull of the trigger, and a soft "pmmfftt"... nothing happened. the trigger elicited no response...

At the end of the game, i unscrewed the barrel, and noticed a paintball "stuck" just a bit past the detents. I cleared the paintball, and tried to play the next game... first few shots were about 50%, then hit off about 10 good shots... then a "pmmfftt" 2 times... 2 balls in the barrel. I took a trip to the car, took apart the barrel and bolt, cleaned it all, and put back together. took to the chrono, and was shooting like 120 fps when i was 260 earlier. then again, a few "pmmfftt" and 3 ball in the barrel.

Took apart the gun again, all was good. changed the battery, and that seemed to do the trick... was back to 260 on the chrono. Went back to the field and started a game off well, then about 50-60 shots in, it went back to half power on shot, full the next, then dead.

Played with then gun the rest of the afternoon and couldnt get it back working consistently... at best 5-6 full power shot before dying.

Any clue what it can be? it was literally my first time out with the gun. A few notes... 2 of mu buddies have same gun, same set up, same paint (literally shared cases) and had no problems. I shot semi the whole day, my buddies changed through all cycles. I didnt fall, drop the gun, or do anything remotely "rough" to the gun.

Please help!!! I bought this gun cause all the reviews seemed to say it was a "reliable" gun, but day one was ruined by it breaking down...
KAZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2012, 08:55 PM #2
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
not sure whats wrong with your gun but you said it was new? did u register it for the warranty? i would do that and call gog. you can register it on there website and the serial number is on the case/inside the grip frame. besides that, i would check the solenoid to make sure everything is ok. i would also take apart the reg and check that out. just my thoughts though. but call gog first before taking anything apart!
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:10 AM #3
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Make sure that the "new" battery is actually new. Check its voltage. Could always be low.

What do you lube your bolt with? You may have applied too much.

That being said, the pressure could be too low and/or the dwell could be too low.

More factors: you may have acquired a poorly lubricated regulator with your marker. Rebuild it or just relube it and see what happens for you.

Also, could your tank be choking or your gun starving for air?

How does the gauge pin act when you shoot? Does it travel a lot?

Typically speaking, gutting the whole gun, cleaning everything with warm water and dishsoap, drying off completely, and then reapplying a really light layer of lube on the bolt engine and then a nice thick coating on all the parts in the regulator, then reassembling and retuning should solve the problem.

If not, see what may be wrong. Kink in the hose? ****ty solenoid?

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!
LNIB PE HDEs - CHEAP - Need em gone!
It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:27 AM #4
backwoodspball
Old School 80's Baller

backwoodspball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
backwoodspball supports DLX Technology
Co2 or HPA?
Stock parts?

I take when you say is has 5-6 full power shots you mean it shoots up to chrono speed and then starts dropping off on the shots after until they just dont come out? Thats the main thing I that will tell us what its doing. If the marker just dies and goes from 260 to 0 its a noid issue im sure

if its shooting and the shots go from like 260, then 220, then 160, 100 and etc its a dwell or pressure issue.

if you can and know how, bump your dwell up 3-4 blinks higher and try it. Its simple to do. To low of a dwell will cause it to die off after 4-5 shots, then if if you let it rest for 5-6 seconds it will shoot great for another 4-5 shots, then drop off again till you let it pressure up again.

lube the bolt and internals again...

try that and let us know how its working

L.E. Red Camo Clone GT
Clear Orange DM13
backwoodspball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:59 AM #5
dannyd123
Custom=Sexy

Its not a noid issue.

You must think of it this way:
The marker was working perfectly the first half of the day. What could have changed from the first half to the second half? Did you change anything?

If you didnt change anything:
The dwell is the same, so this isnt the issue.
Maybe the marker needs lubing. Good practice to do this anyways. Lube the whole bolt.
The solenoid is the exact same, not that.
Not anything to do with the pressure setting on the reg...
If your tank is above 850psi should be working just fine...
ITS THE BATTERY!

Batteries run out. You may have put a "new" one in. But you must get a duracell and a fresh one. I cant stress this enough. Cheap batteries will NOT work well in this marker. You get the exact symptom you are experiencing. Im surprised it fired at all.

Remember fresh Duracell only. Out of the package. Only then can you rule out batteries as a probable cause.
dannyd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 AM #6
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyd123 View Post
Its not a noid issue.

You must think of it this way:
The marker was working perfectly the first half of the day. What could have changed from the first half to the second half? Did you change anything?

If you didnt change anything:
The dwell is the same, so this isnt the issue.
Maybe the marker needs lubing. Good practice to do this anyways. Lube the whole bolt.
The solenoid is the exact same, not that.
Not anything to do with the pressure setting on the reg...
If your tank is above 850psi should be working just fine...
ITS THE BATTERY!

Batteries run out. You may have put a "new" one in. But you must get a duracell and a fresh one. I cant stress this enough. Cheap batteries will NOT work well in this marker. You get the exact symptom you are experiencing. Im surprised it fired at all.

Remember fresh Duracell only. Out of the package. Only then can you rule out batteries as a probable cause.
THIS !!!! If you want to totally rule out the battery, take 10.00 down to your local Home Depot and pick up an Energizer Lithium battery. If problem exists after, you can rule out the battery.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote