Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-26-2012, 06:10 PM #1
pballer4life123

Replacing PM6 LPR o-rings and Hyper 2 o-rings

I'm looking to replace and clean my hyper 2 regulator and LPR on my pm6 since i've done both only once since owning it, in about 2008 or 2009. I bought the gun probably around 07 so i think now's a good time to do it. I haven't had any real problems with it i'm just nervous that if i don't do it perfect it'll cause leaks and problems which is why i've been weary of cleaning them myself(last time a shop owner helped me). I clean the bolt before and after every game, as well as the barrel, replace the detents frequently and clean the eyes constantly, so i have a little bit of knowledge of breaking it down. I've also installed the ultralight frame myself and a Tadao m7 board.

TLDR;
I'm going into a shop today to buy some o-rings for both the hyper 2 and LPR and the owner said he has a pm5 and a dm6 parts kit but i'm not sure exactly which size O-rings i'll need to replace on the LPR/hyper 2 so i was wondering if someone could help me figure out which ones i'll need. I figured the dm6 parts kit will have everything i need but i'm not gonna spend the huge amount for just the o-rings, he said he'd part the rings but i need to figure out the ones i need before i head in.

Old Feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2005613
pballer4life123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 PM #2
excope
Legacy of 806

Annual Supporting Member
excope is BST Legit
excope owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
excope is for the Gunfight
excope has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
excope supports DLX Technology
excope supports Empire
I have had several DM/PM markers. My advice is that, if you do not have an issue at the moment, leaks and such, then all I would do is clean and lube the regs. Not really a need in replacing any orings unless you have an issue that can only be resolved by a new oring.

As another general rule, if you do not have any issues then chances are that the orings in both regs are good. On top of that they are most likely broken in and seated pretty good. All of this add to consistency, whitch is a good thing.

Orings in general usually last a very long time. Sometimes you may get some dirt or debris in a reg/bolt assembly that can/may cause an oring to be sliced or cut and result in a leak or failure to funtion in what ever regaurd.

With all that said, if you still feel the need in changing the orings you can find full a full break down of the marker in the stickies. Go to the stickies and look for the link for the manuals. That link will take you to a thread on here with all the manuals for all the DM/PM markers from about 06 to current.

Just my .02 cents.

Ex.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 PM #3
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Pm'd

Also on ^ about replaceing orings, depending on which orings your replacing, bolt orings are nice to change every 30,000 shots, along with reg seats and lpr seats..

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote