Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFisPAINTBALL View Post
I feel like over the last 7 years, changes to what is top of the line has been marginal and costly. Semi auto is the same speed as your fingers were yesterday or tomorrow and psp ramping is locked...

It seems that macro line has grown SO grossly unreliable that we now have to route air through the trigger frame.

SUCCESS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFisPAINTBALL View Post
I miss Dynasty wiping the competition with Angels.. Better times my friend, better times indeed...

What has changed with the ego besides milling? It still follows the same principal operation doesn't it?

Your understanding of whats going on in paintball is severely lacking.
Macro- NO, there is no problem with macroline and it has not become at all unreliable. Companies are going macroless for aesthetics NOT performance. There is no performance benefit from it.

Egos operate off the same principle because it works. Plain and Simple. It would be foolish for PE, or any company, to abandon a successful platform just for the sake of producing something different. As for what changed, that dependent on when you left. I saw you mention the SFT so I am going to assume 2006. In that case, in the Ego, almost everything has changed. New reg, new rammer, new bolt, new solenoid, new asa, new barrel. Basically everything needed to improve its performance. On top of that PE also makes spools now. They just released their Geo 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottMilk View Post
Great to see you getting back into it. I am not completely sure on this but what I believe happened to Smart Parts is lawsuits. They were sueing other companies for using things that Smarts Parts had pattented. They got so caught up in the lawsuits that they didn't really think about the lawyer fees. This eventually came up and bit them in the anal and they had to file chapter 11 bankrupsy, putting them out of buisness. I believe they are now somewhat affiliated with Gen X Global however. Again I am not positive in all of this but it is what i have heard. As for all the new stuff coming out now a days it is as legittmatt said "Faster and Lighter" guns are also getting much more different millings and features. From a guns that dont need micro line (Empire Axe) to guns that flirt with the ref (Luxe 2.0). Nowadays guns can stay under water for a few minutes shoot 21 bps and cost 1500$ but the game is still the same, lots of fun friendly people to make a good day of paintball better.
Where in the world did you get that info from? SP went out of business because the bank called their loans in. Not due to lawsuits or lack of funds to pay fees. GOG was the company they basically came back as.
Companies have moved away from the speed war a few years back. Now its about efficiency, consistency, reliability and smoothness.
The Axe is still fed air the same way any macroline having marker is. Its just routed internally with tubing.
And don't be fool enough to try that 2-minute underwater thing. Don't know who told you that but it is not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme- View Post
We never worried about freak inserts (or had heard of them), paint sizers, barrel bags....
I guess I look at it this way- aside from a few minor safety changes (barrel bags instead of plugs), and economic issues (paint size) it'
s going to be essentially the same once in the woods- I think.

Most fields have BPs limits right? I've never really been into speedball or trying to hit 30bps, but it would be reassuring to know I'm not ging to be hit by 30 rounds all at once.
Barrel kits are not necessary but they are beneficial. Accuracy is a product of paint quality and bore sizing (how the paint fits to the barrel). Better paint with a tighter match will result in better consistency (your marker maintain the velocity it chrono'd at) and accuracy.
Fields don't really have BPS limits but they do, at least most, prohibit ramping and/or any full auto and burst modes. However if you have inhumanly, freakishly fast fingers and can hit 30bps in semi you would be allowed to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizum View Post
I'm in the same boat but for me it's been closer to 15 years out of it. Played a few times this summer and I'm bitten by the bug again. LOTS has changed. Some changes seem good, others I haven't figured out yet.

Something I'm considering a "good" change is how dirt cheap all my old dream markers are on the classifieds forums these days! :o Who cares about having the latest and greatest when you can pick up what used to be a top-end marker for what entry-level crap is selling for new?

I would warn you to be very careful doing that. First, buying used, you never know the true condition of the marker you are buying. The user to tell you it works better than it actually does. And the worst part....the older the marker the harder it will be to find replacement parts. Companies don't keep making parts for markers they no longer produce and stores rarely keep them around in stock. So, for example, you may decide to go buy an old Smart Parts Impulse. Well parts for that impulse are going to be difficult to locate

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Last edited by Soul06 : 08-03-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2012, 12:43 AM #23
WTFisPAINTBALL

Woahhhh, hero...

This is a 100 level course...

I'm being sarcastic. Obviously it is an aesthetic move.

Time to gear down, big shifter...
Old 08-16-2012, 10:41 PM #24
nickelz
SAY i WONT!!!

^^^^ LOL backed.

Yea fellas, Ive been out since 05 06ish. I wanna start up again, ive still got my Ion which i barely used cuz I quit shortly after buying it. Ive had imps, 2k2 timmys, automags, spyders lawlz!! Back then I couldnt afford a high end gun but now its diff. I took a look at the BST and am LOST! WTF! Whats good now days, I really wanted a ego, still do but now I see the geo and am wondering if I should just get that? Agg still in its full gay effect? Where is Fraige now? XSV still doing well w gator and matty marshall?
Stoned Assassins #187

Black ION, tboard verC, vp scythe, killa magnet detents, hybrid girl grips, cp rail, dye airport on/off, hybrid hedlock, sp qev, dye membrain, freak barrel kit
nickelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:19 PM #25
Gordon12345
Team Ace of Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelz View Post
^^^^ LOL backed.

Yea fellas, Ive been out since 05 06ish. I wanna start up again, ive still got my Ion which i barely used cuz I quit shortly after buying it. Ive had imps, 2k2 timmys, automags, spyders lawlz!! Back then I couldnt afford a high end gun but now its diff. I took a look at the BST and am LOST! WTF! Whats good now days, I really wanted a ego, still do but now I see the geo and am wondering if I should just get that? Agg still in its full gay effect? Where is Fraige now? XSV still doing well w gator and matty marshall?
I'm in the same boat as you. I quit in '08 and was using an NXT shocker and it was great. I want to get back into the sport again and have been researching a lot but I am still lost as to what's a good gun to buy. I don't know if I should go for a mid-range high end that's fairly new (axe) or the high-end that's ~5 years old (egos). I'm really confused in that department.
S.W.C Member #15
SIGN THE PAINTBALL PETITION TO PUT PAINTBALL INTO THE X-GAMES: Sign Here

My NEW Feedback Positive (+3) Negative (-0)
My OLD Feedback Positive (+17) Negative (-0)
Gordon12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:34 PM #26
IrockanEGO
Ohio baller

IrockanEGO has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelz View Post
^^^^ LOL backed.

Fraige is on dynasty. I think matty marshall is retired from tournaments?

The newer egos are way better than the ones in 05/06. They are lighter, better ergonomics, more efficient, and smoother. The geos shoot great. Just wait a month or two for the price of the geo 2 to come down.

People rarely mention agg anymore. And if they do its dumb kids trying to be cool, or the actual HK guys.
IrockanEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:46 PM #27
Nowayout24
F.E.A.R

Nowayout24 is playing at Living Legends V
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nowayout24 supports Team VICIOUS
Nowayout24 supports Pev's Paintball
Nowayout24 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I still think 07 was the best year for egos
Nowayout24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:33 AM #28
nickelz
SAY i WONT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout24 View Post
I still think 07 was the best year for egos
And why do you say that? I would think newer models would be most improved.
Stoned Assassins #187

Black ION, tboard verC, vp scythe, killa magnet detents, hybrid girl grips, cp rail, dye airport on/off, hybrid hedlock, sp qev, dye membrain, freak barrel kit
nickelz is offline   Reply With Quote