Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 AM #1
CoW-TiPPiN-BaLLeR
═══_

CoW-TiPPiN-BaLLeR plays in the PSP
CoW-TiPPiN-BaLLeR supports Pev's Paintball
CoW-TiPPiN-BaLLeR supports DLX Technology
Wakeboarding Discussion: Girls love Wakeboarding right?

This thread was created to discuss another love of all of ours....Wakeboarding

Time to talk about boats, boards, boots, tow ropes, and girls.

Where is your local spot and whats your progression at!

What was your hardest hit?

Talk about Wakeboarding, Wakeskate, and related topics!

Let me know anything you want added to the OP

Blacklist Media

DBS Paintball
DoodleBugSportz
DLX Luxe
CENSYSdesign Labs
CoW-TiPPiN-BaLLeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 AM #2
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

Alright, I'll bite.

I ride behind a 2008 Mastercraft X-2 with the MCX 350HP engine in it. We've plumbed in an additional #1600 worth of sacs in the back lockers and the bow using the factory overflows. We occasionally will throw an extra 600 in the bow walkway if we're running light on people in the boat. Total weight in the boat hovers right around #2500 depending on the day (Factory #550 below the floor + #1600 plumbed in + 600 in the bow walkway).

I bought a whole new setup last year, got a crazy deal and decided it was time to up my ****. I've been riding Phil Soven's LF S4 (2008 model and 2009) for the last four years, with Soven boots. Last year I switched to Ronix, and picked up the Harf's One Time Bomb with One boots. Love this setup, board ****ing hauls. Vest wise, I've got last year's LF Watson comp vest, love the thing.

Progression wise, I'm pretty consistent on both sides of the wake, got spins up to almost a five, most of your basic inverts (tantrums, backrolls, working on frontrolls), can switch up most my grabs.

I ride in Indiana, summer only for about 5 months out of the year, then the lake freezes. We usually ride with about 6 people in the boat depending on who I brought with me to my house from Chicago. Frequently we're up on the lake by 7AM, hitting the sand bar by 12, and then sober enough to ride again by sundown.

Old pic of my boat(3 years ago), it's pretty much slammed now, platform is underwater by about 2-3inches when we fill it up:

Lazy day at the sand bar with a couple of my buddies:

Sand bar on a good day:

Last edited by Nerve06 : 04-07-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Nerve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 AM #3
CoW-TiPPiN-BaLLeR
═══_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post
Frequently we're up on the lake by 7AM, hitting the sand bar by 12, and then sober enough to ride again by sundown.
love that sentence...its my typical plan too...not really a Sand bar but we tie with my buddy's boat and toss the anchor...then drinking commences.

Love the set up too man. i ride behind 2007 Malibu Wakesetter LSV...havnt really ****ed with fat sacks with it cuz of the wedge and ballast which gives me a good wake along with a loaded boat of friends.

Im from El Dorado hills, CA where we have folsom lake 5 mins from us and then Tahoe about an hour away. get a good long summer out of it. For the last 9 years i have been taking wakeboarding trips to a lake called Whiskey Town lake in northern Cali...its like 20-30 mins from Shasta. But absolutely empty 90% of the time so you get butter all day. ill have to snatch some pics of the boat soon.

Blacklist Media

DBS Paintball
DoodleBugSportz
DLX Luxe
CENSYSdesign Labs
Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 AM #4
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

My one buddy and I have been trying to figure out a trip to ride out west. Personally, I want to hit Powell for a week and just house boat and chill. The only thing that sucks would be the risk involved in trailering the boat half way across the country. My grandfather jack knifed his pickup and his first speedboat back 20 years ago, so naturally my family despises trailering, even just taking the boat out of the garage to the launch is a process.

You ever ride cable?

Last edited by Nerve06 : 04-07-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:28 AM #5
CoW-TiPPiN-BaLLeR
═══_

Powell is not bad. i have been there 4-5 times. idk im a huge fan of Shasta and Whiskey Town...since they are so close if one is crowded we head to the other.

ya thats a far trailer ride. but could be worth it

i was able to ride cable once down in Florida with a buddy. was an awesome time. I have a buddy who has a grinch winch and that has been ****ing amazing....we set up a modified skateboard rail on a lake beach and just sessioned for two days.

Blacklist Media

DBS Paintball
DoodleBugSportz
DLX Luxe
CENSYSdesign Labs
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 AM #6
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

I've got a sick little cable place by me about an hour north of Chicago. They've got a Sesitec 2.0, been getting best of both boat and cable, ****s been fun.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:38 AM #7
CoW-TiPPiN-BaLLeR
═══_

damn im jealous. i wish there was a cable park near me...oh well we make do with the winch...you wake skate at all?

Blacklist Media

DBS Paintball
DoodleBugSportz
DLX Luxe
CENSYSdesign Labs
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM #8
CoW-TiPPiN-BaLLeR
═══_

cant wait for memorial day...gunna be the first weekend out behind the boat. also heading to a Sand Bar in eastern WA for a party

Blacklist Media

DBS Paintball
DoodleBugSportz
DLX Luxe
CENSYSdesign Labs
Old 07-19-2013, 05:42 PM #9
ohare rasta 14

ohare rasta 14 is playing at Living Legends V
ohare rasta 14 is playing at Living Legends VI
ohare rasta 14 is playing at Living Legends VII
ohare rasta 14 supports DLX Technology
I ride behind a supra sunsport 22v with stock ballasts and 2 wet sound tower speakers. I ride on wonder lake in Illinois and can only work heel side airs. I can almost land a HS back roll and right now I ride a hyperlite premier.
I'm looking to get a new board before next season and have the cash for it. I want a board that I will want to keep riding because I don't plan on buying another one until this one breaks or totally goes to **** what are you're guys/girls suggestions. And also what do you guys think about the hyperlite system? If you've ever tried them or should I stick to one pice bindings?