Old 02-13-2014, 01:16 PM #1
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Smile - Aardvark Entity Matrix - Team Ironmen - 1 of 17 -

Here's my Aardvark Entity Matrix, the only one known that remains in an unused condition. It has never fired a single paintball and was in 2011 purchased from the genious behind Aardvark, Rachel Duncan.

The history lesson:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesjackson @ PBLegion
Entity Matrix
Producer: Aardvark Custom Paintball Products
Number produced: 17
Weight (no battery, barrel or ASA): ~ 3lb 2oz (assumed as most Matrix weigh about the same)

Stock Components
-Blind
-First revision LCD board
-Modified Aardvark Sentinel volumizers
-Gen-E LCD Grip Frame
-Aardvark Red bolt with Lexan spacer
-Gen 3 "Jet Engine" Trinity LPR
-Beehive HPR
-Aardvark Tentacle Trigger

The final and by far the most garish of Aardvark’s limited run of Matrix was unquestionably the Entity. Designed for Team Ironmen, they predated the infamous asymmetrical Ironmen Matrix. In traditional Aardvark line art the Entity sports the profile of a squid, whose tentacles reach out over the body of the Matrix and extend very creatively into the breech and even to the unique volumizers shaped to look like tentacles complete with sucker markings. Like the Tequila and Sunrise before it, the Entity also featured lexan windows. While they are located physically in the same locations as the Tequila, the Entity windows are cut to match the tentacle arms of the squid. The Ironmen shield logo was milled into the upper back parts of the gun. Additionally, the word ‘California’ was etched in the front lowers of the gun, a nod to Team Ironmen’s home state. Of course, the traditional Aardvark logo was found in the usual place. All in all it’s a very visually busy gun design.
The Entity is also the only Aardvark gun to use the standard LCD frame instead of the smaller Aardvark .45 frame. The LCD board is just physically too big for the Aardvark frame. The guns did, however, feature the Aardvark Tentacle trigger, a milled-out reverse S design. These triggers were made available for the general public after the guns came out, and remain fairly rare.

17 Entity Matrix in total were produced, 14 of which went straight to team Ironmen and the remaining 3 were kept by people working at Aardvark. This, of course, means that the Entity was never actually sold to the public and any found for sale were likely the ones from team Ironmen. The in-house ones are said to be under lock and key.

From the immediate release the Entity was criticized for its unorthodox milling that many found flat-out ugly. Ironically, it is one of two Matrix designs to actually appreciate in value since its introduction. When asked if the squid design was an H.P. Lovecraft fascination, homage to Jules Verne, or something else, Greg Duncan replied:

“Because squid are cute.”

As with all Aardvark Matrix the solenoid manifolds were milled out for better air flow and smoother operation. The Entity had the first revision LCD boards, which later became a stock component. Rumor has it these early model boards had a high fail rate and were often unreliable.
Boredom leads to part swapping..

Some other Matrix nostalgia that I own is the first Matrix boltkit, it's cutout from the side so they could show the early adopters and companies how this magical marker worked.

If you happen to own one of the other 16 Entitys I happen to have something that tie them all together, this is the frame, trigger and board that every Entity Matrix was tested with.

And if you're a proper Matrix geek, you must read it's entire known history over at PBLegion. (click for link)
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-

Last edited by Vegard : 02-15-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2014, 01:22 PM #2
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Have I told you I love you yet?

Interested in helping me put this info up on the matrix section on TBQF?

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

HOLY **** EMPIRE SNIPER FOR SALE - LNIB and only $360? Whaaa?

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:48 AM #3
bryanzero858

Annual Supporting Member
i prefer matrix nerd, tyvm. nice thread
bryanzero858 is offline   Reply With Quote