Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2012, 05:51 PM #43
jtcrowder49

jtcrowder49 is an NCPA player
jtcrowder49 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
jtcrowder49 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jtcrowder49 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I am very disappointed in the manner Inside Edition attempts to link paintball to the Colorado shooting incident. In an attempt to explain the mind of a lunatic, you point fingers without conducting research. Not to mention taking PbNation users words out of context. Let me ask you this: If a man is convicted of rape, and upon investigation of his home you find every season of Criminal Minds on DVD do you automatically assume that show is the reason he committed the crime? Let us go ahead and link the two together seeing as this has to be the cause. He wouldn't have committed the crime if he didn't see it on television. Right? The Holocaust was a tragedy, do you blame all of Germany? Or just Hitler? It is very offensive to the paintball community in the way you have "attempted" to "educate" the general public about our sport. I have no doubt there are many parents who will not allow their children the experience the fun of our sport, due to the "relationship" Inside Edition is trying to make with the Colorado shooting incident. Not to mention the new players who may have just started playing, are now forced to give up something they enjoy because parents don't believe it is safe. If Inside Edition had conducted their research, they would know that those who enjoy war reenactment play Airsoft. Airsoft is where the "guns" as they are called, are imitations of real firearms. I say this NOT to point fingers in another direction, but to merely educate those at Inside Edition. Please be aware of how you portray not only our sport, but others on your show. Just this morning I was in town for breakfast, I was stopped by an elderly woman. She had been standing in line behind me, I assume she had read my (University Paintball) shirt because she proceeded to ask me "Why someone would want to be part of such an awful sport that drives people to do the unthinkable?" Like the general population she was uneducated about the sport of paintball. For the next 45 minutes, I sat with her and her grandson and explained to them how they had been terribly misinformed by Inside Edition. After we had finished talking she had a much more understanding visual of our sport. She no longer viewed it as "Warfare" but as a game of tag. Where players mark each other with balls of paint, fired from a paintball marker. Yes, although you portray paintball as a sport that utilizes guns; the correct terminology would be paintball marker. We do NOT use guns. Guns kill, paintball markers do not. Just like every sport injuries occur, but paintball is NOT filling the hospitals or doctor offices. In conclusion many from the paintball community believe we deserve an apology. An apology for misinforming the general public, attempting to link our sport to this horrific incident with little to no evidence, and for recessing the growth of our sport due to an uneducated report lacking in depth research. In all honestly I believe Inside Edition is too prideful to admit they were wrong. I do not believe they will apologize because they are too concerned with their ratings and reputation. However, hopefully they will realize their mistake and conduct in depth research, instead of trying to be the first one to punch out a story. -Jake Crowder

DO NOT DEAL WITH GUNDOPAINTBALL!!!!
jtcrowder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2012, 06:43 PM #44
blackdwarf12
<716>

^^ Very well said sir

IthacaField6 NYPL '10
BataviaSMOKE '11
Anthrax
blackdwarf12 is offline   Reply With Quote