Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 07:28 AM #22
Funk21
 
 
Funk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
This video post is typical media trying to latch onto anything to sell its story to the general public and find rhyme or reason as to why someone would do such a terrible thing.

I'm sorry inside edition, paintball didn't make him this way, nor did watching Batman films or any other television or movies for that matter. This was the case of one sick individual who plotted and executed a fiendish plan on innocent victims. He used whatever tools he had at his disposal to cause as much harm and hurt as he could.

Here is an idea why not debate the idea that nobody needs an assault rifle regardless of what the second amendment states(I know I may get flak for saying this and perhaps being Canadian I can't understand how fundamentally important it is) but nobody needs an assault rifle to protect themselves or to hunt. Assault rifles are simply a tool used to kill people, that is what they are designed for and typically what they are used for.

As for the donations to the victims, helping ones fellow man/woman in a time of need is always a great thing to do.

Just my 2cents. My hopes and prayers go out to the victims of this senseless crime!
Funk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 AM #23
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT
 
stevebski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MD
stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Inside Edition is owned by CBS. The CEO is Leslie moonves. Email him at leslie.moonves@tvc.cbs.com and let him know his employees just alienated an entire sport. I just did.
__________________
Kent Island Sea Monkeys - Semper Gumby
PAINTBALL ADVENTURE PARK
stevebski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:24 AM #24
aspazatak
 
 
aspazatak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oviedo, FL
aspazatak is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
aspazatak plays in the MiLP
Something everyone should keep in mind is news media outlets should be viewed as entertainment and not reliable news sources. All your local and national news stations are fighting for ratings and the one who entertains the most gets the most viewers. This creates a system where data is misconstrued and facts are stretched to the limits and frequently broken. You hear about financial "trends" that are based on 1 day of market movement all the time. How is 1 day a trend? Why is a freeway chase in California aired on TV in Florida as breaking news? Is it going to affect my traffic or my daily life? It's all entertainment. Take it as such and understand that they will say whatever they can to draw attention to their show and get as many people to spread the word "Can you believe they did this?" as possible. So we are all playing into their hands when we share the article on facebook or twitter and email our friends to go to the website to view the video. That's all hits and $$$'s to them and justifies the decision to run the story. They won't suffer any ill effects and at best will run an apology as a text during the ending credits at some point in the future that no one will see or comment on. All that is left is all our free press floating around for people to find.
__________________
Yes I'm a ref!
aspazatak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:43 AM #25
FoidPoosening
www.ArmoryPaintball.com
 
FoidPoosening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ 08822
Annual Supporting Member
FoidPoosening donated to help Peyton Trent
FoidPoosening is playing at Living Legends VI
FoidPoosening supports Bob Gurnsey
FoidPoosening supports our troops
FoidPoosening has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
FoidPoosening is Legendary
FoidPoosening is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMaster423 View Post
I do care about the sport but

1. The apology will most likely not happen

2. I'm not gonna waste my time
Well you must obviously not have a love for paintball like most of the paintball community. It's worth a try. Email the CEO of CBS, like the status, and call inside edition.

Status is up to 350+ likes in a few hours, and i'll be calling inside edition today.

You should too, thanks!

Dan at ArmoryPaintball.com
__________________
Check out my Company: ArmoryPaintball.com

Despite six classes and two jobs, I keep ArmoryPaintball.com going because I love paintball! A sincere thank you to all of my customers all over the world for the continued business. :)
FoidPoosening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:45 AM #26
BSGp8ntball
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMaster423 View Post
I do care about the sport but

1. The apology will most likely not happen

2. I'm not gonna waste my time

I'm glad the world is not filled with people like you otherwise we would still have slavery, no women's rights, etc etc.... no need to waste your time with a cause you feel is right. Your time is so valuable that you can't risk loosing 2 minutes of it to try and make a difference. You only want to be on the winning team? No chance in ever playing if your most likely gonna lose? No sense in voicing your opinion if it's not already the majority??... I know one thing, an apology will NEVER happen if we don't push for it and last I checked I'll take "mostly like not gonna happen" over "NEVER".
__________________
FATE
PUMPENSTEIN
www.bsgpaintball.com
BSGp8ntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:48 AM #27
XKE
 
 
XKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
XKE plays in the PSP
XKE plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
All the anti inside-edition stuff I am seeing from my paintball friends on facebook today is giving this news blip so much more exposure than it deserves.
__________________
QCK
Raiden
Carolina Collision
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:01 AM #28
Naut
T M G
 
Naut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Coldwater MI
Naut plays in the PSP
Naut plays in the APPA D4 division
I let my voice be heard on their FB page so people outside of the PB community hear what we have to say on the matter.

Link:
http://www.facebook.com/Inside.Edition
__________________
www.paintballplex.com
www.trademygun.com
HUGE GEAR SALE!!!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3710012
- Virsix|Apparel - PM me to get a Kwiky rotor speedfeed!
***RaT-PacK***
Naut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 AM #29
chatch82
Shockers Rule!!
 
chatch82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Enfield, NH
chatch82 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
chatch82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
chatch82 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
chatch82 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I posted on their fb and i emailed leslie
__________________
Merking you from the backwoods of New Hampshire!
chatch82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 AM #30
TwinsPoppa
 
 
TwinsPoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Annual Supporting Member
TwinsPoppa plays in the PSP
TwinsPoppa plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKE View Post
All the anti inside-edition stuff I am seeing from my paintball friends on facebook today is giving this news blip so much more exposure than it deserves.
This ^. Let's just step back a moment and examine the situation closer.

This is ONE report and not being nationalized or reported by the AP, Reuters, CNN, etc. Was their reporting any different from most reporting on other issues? No, they are not singling out paintball on purpose. That's the way "news" is reported these days - sensationalized, not 100% accurate, etc. Is that okay? No, but they aren't doing anything different than the norm.

Did they actually blame the shooting on paintball? No, they said "may point to a paintball connection" referring to the smoke bomb.

Just like in paintball things happen that's not fair. People wipe, refs are fallible and blow calls, people make mistakes. We don't want to lose our cool and look bad or be perceived as a whiner.

That's just like life. We need to be bigger about it and be calm about things.

Yes, we need to defend ourselves when questioned about paintball but respond in a mature, cool headed way.

The shooting just happened and its fresh. We are personally committed more because we are in the sport. We don't want to overreact and be too emotional.

On FB, and maybe other media, I see "drum beating" and "rise up, ban together" and I actually think it may make the situation worse. No politicians are looking to ban paintball like they were looking to do in Germany. There's no crazy anti-paintball surge. We don't want to have a mob mentality. Let's not make the issue worse than it really is.

However, when we discuss this issue, especially outside our forums and to the web and other outlets, let's talk calmly and address the issues maturely. Otherwise , we could be creating our own problems. Think about how people in general would perceive your reply. Especially to people outside of paintball. Remember, you are always representing our sport.

It really isn't that big a deal right now. Most damage is probably some parents not wanting/allowing their kids to play paintball - and when was this never an issue? Always has and probably always will.

Also, I'm not saying don't discuss the issue or don't defend paintballers. Just do it in the appropriate manner.

Last edited by TwinsPoppa : 07-25-2012 at 12:11 PM.
TwinsPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:46 AM #31
ELuSiVe1151
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Jersey!
 has been a member for 10 years
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the PSP
ELuSiVe1151 is an NCPA player
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsPoppa View Post
This ^. Let's just step back a moment and examine the situation closer.

This is ONE report and not being nationalized or reported by the AP, Reuters, CNN, etc. Was their reporting any different from most reporting on other issues? No, they are not singling out paintball on purpose. That's the way "news" is reported these days - sensationalized, not 100% accurate, etc. Is that okay? No, but they aren't doing anything different than the norm.

Did they actually blame the shooting on paintball? No, they said "may point to a paintball connection" referring to the smoke bomb.

Just like in paintball things happen that's not fair. People wipe, refs are fallible and blow calls, people make mistakes. We don't want to lose our cool and look bad or be perceived as a whiner.

That's just like life. We need to be bigger about it and be calm about things.

Yes, we need to defend ourselves when questioned about paintball but respond in a mature, cool headed way.

The shooting just happened and its fresh. We are personally committed more because we are in the sport. We don't want to overreact and be too emotional.

On FB, and maybe other media, I see "drum beating" and "rise up, ban together" and I actually think it may make the situation worse. No politicians are looking to ban paintball like they were looking to do in Germany. There's no crazy anti-paintball surge. We don't want to have a mob mentality. Let's not make the issue worse than it really is.

However, when we discuss this issue, especially outside our forums and to the web and other outlets, let's talk calmly and address the issues maturely. Otherwise , we could be creating our own problems. Think about how people in general would perceive your reply. Especially to people outside of painball. Remember, you are always representing our sport.

It really isn't that big a deal right now. Most damage is probably some parents not wanting/allowing their kids to play paintball - and when was this never an issue? Always has and probably always will.

Also, I'm not saying don't discuss the issue or don't defend paintballers. Just do it in the appropriate manner.
__________________
...STOKED...
Est. 2011
Baller For Life - B@LL Till' U DrOP
The Grind Continues!!!
Enflict - Jim Pica Foto - Meadowlands PB
ELuSiVe1151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:49 AM #32
MooKids
 
 
MooKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
MooKids has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MooKids has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_x View Post
Word your posts carefully, they'll probably be taken out of context and put in BS news articles.

:semidodgy:
Or worse, they will be taken completely in context because some people don't think before they post.

We all knew that the paintball connection was coming, just like the police, the news media will look at everything.

And we probably won't see much more negative attention to it in the media, the only connections are a poster and the smoke bombs, the police didn't find any paintball gear in his possession, or if they did, I missed it.
MooKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:55 AM #33
maniacmatt73
 
 
maniacmatt73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Annual Supporting Member
maniacmatt73 is BST Trusted
maniacmatt73 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
maniacmatt73 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
maniacmatt73 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooKids View Post
Or worse, they will be taken completely in context because some people don't think before they post.

We all knew that the paintball connection was coming, just like the police, the news media will look at everything.

And we probably won't see much more negative attention to it in the media, the only connections are a poster and the smoke bombs, the police didn't find any paintball gear in his possession, or if they did, I missed it.
Agreed.
__________________
phase 1: collect underpants
phase 2: ?
phase 3: profit

WTB: crosman 3357
maniacmatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:09 PM #34
kevco
ΠΘMĐ
 
kevco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 7*one*3
Annual Supporting Member
kevco is playing at Living Legends VII
kevco owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kevco owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kevco supports Team VICIOUS
kevco supports Empire
Inside Edition has a history with paintball - they did a smear story in 2004. some producer probably got lit up the one and only time he stepped on the field and he's been butt-hurt all these years .. period, end of story.
__________________
ΠΘMĐ
------------
"... just becuz"

ADD 10% Skill w/ an ASM 2013 Jersey: + get it here

+- feedback [local
+- feedback [nation
kevco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:07 PM #35
MiniMaster423
Proud Luxe 2.0 Owner
 
MiniMaster423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Annual Supporting Member
MiniMaster423 plays in the PSP
MiniMaster423 plays in the APPA D5 division
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
I Loled. All you guys are doing except for the few doing it maturely is making paintball look like a bunch of chickens running around with there heads cut off. Which is bad publicity
MiniMaster423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 PM #36
MooKids
 
 
MooKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
MooKids has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MooKids has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...s-unfair-light

An article from yesterday with some official responses from Derder and NPPL about the paintball connection.
MooKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:37 PM #37
ELuSiVe1151
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Jersey!
 has been a member for 10 years
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the PSP
ELuSiVe1151 is an NCPA player
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the APPA D5 division
I disagree with the moving target thing; paintball techniques are the way they are because of what sets it apart from real combat, which is projectile velocity.

You can dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge through and ahead of a lane of paintballs because paintballs ONLY travel at a relatively slow 300 feet per second, as opposed to the 1100 meters per second that a bullet from a rifle travels; meaning you can't lead bullets the way you can paintballs.

Paintball is fun because of the things you can get away with that you can't in real life. You can't superman dive through real gunfire because there is insufficient time between trigger and destination to get through without being shot, not that you would want to anyway considering bullets can kill and paintballs can't.
__________________
...STOKED...
Est. 2011
Baller For Life - B@LL Till' U DrOP
The Grind Continues!!!
Enflict - Jim Pica Foto - Meadowlands PB

Last edited by ELuSiVe1151 : 07-25-2012 at 01:39 PM.
ELuSiVe1151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:00 PM #38
Pump_Noobs
Oldschool Noob
 
Pump_Noobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Paintball Heaven
Inside Edition is on bath salts.
Pump_Noobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:31 PM #39
CGriff19
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]
 
CGriff19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cali
CGriff19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CGriff19 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CGriff19 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
lets throw smoke bombs into their studio and shoot... wait a minute i see what you did there

*this post is intended for comedic non-Inside Edition use only
__________________
Before you criticize someone you should always walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you are a mile away, and you have their shoes...
CGriff19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:42 PM #40
gator50
futurama?
 
gator50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: sugar hill, Ga
gator50 is BST Trusted
gator50 plays in the PSP
gator50 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
gator50 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGriff19 View Post
lets throw smoke bombs into their studio and shoot... wait a minute i see what you did there

*this post is intended for comedic non-Inside Edition use only
be careful they will cut the most important half of that. ask me how i know
__________________
Old Feedback

ATLANTA OUTRAGE
gator50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:44 PM #41
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19
 
soccerguy243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita KS
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
Your story asking if there is a connection between paintball and the incident in Colorado is complete fact-less and nothing more than senseless conjecture. Simply because there is paintball related items (no markers, gear, or paintballs according to your own report) is far from creating any correlation. Your article brings no investigative value or have any journalist merit. All you've done is manage to smear a legitimate sport with a large multinational fan base and will likely hurt the growth of the sport.

you should be ashamed of your article.

sent to their email
__________________
FOR SALE
Crossfire HP 4500psi reg, Ninja 4500psi Reg


"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot

Last edited by soccerguy243 : 07-25-2012 at 04:55 PM.
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:47 PM #42
vesparider
 
 
vesparider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Doo Duh!
vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
My Letter to my local CBS Affiliate.

Good Afternoon,

After a very recent episode of Inside Edition I've come to the decision not to be a part of KWCH programming in the future. The Tabloid television show went to far in a recent episode comparing the recreational sport of paintball to the reason and ability for James Holmes to Murder innocent people in Colorado. I've watched the segement several times. Its sensationalized and just plain poor journalism. What ever sells spots is all that matter when it comes to television. If CBS and its affiliates condone this type of misinformation then I must refrain from watching KWCH. As much as I like the Drama's of NCIS and Criminal Minds the 40+ year relationship between myself and KWCH/CBS is over. The real facts of the tradgedy may or may not ever be known, but making up fiction is not reporting. Its fraudulent.

Regards
Richard Zimmerman
__________________
Midwest True Young Gun
Graffiti Paintball
vesparider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump