Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-15-2012, 06:21 PM #232
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
The issue is this. Certain QBs will have more Passing or Rushing TDs. While others typically pass for as many yards just lack the TDs.

If you actually pay attention to the details something as big as a 25 to 50 passing yards per point can make a big difference.

The default is 25. At some point Joe consciously changed that to 50. I'm not sure what else he could have been altering to think it wasn't passing yards with such a high value of 50.
he changed it because passing tds are worth 6 instead of 4. And I coulda sworn its been like that for at least the last two years. maybe not though

and my team is even worse than I could have dreamed. Ryan matthews, blackmon, palmer, doug ****ing martin, mark ingram. Just kick me in the balls .
Old 08-15-2012, 06:26 PM #233
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Passing TD's should always be worth 6. 25 yards:1 point and 1 TD: 6 points is what it should be.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:29 PM #234
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

no thats bull****. It was definitely 50yards a point last season. Just checked. And the season before that. Surprised you geniuses couldn't remember that.

25 yards a point and 6pt tds make QBs way too important. 300 yards and 3 tds will be 30 pts, thats outrageous. Not even that great of a game, a rb would need 180 yards and 2 tds to match that.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:36 PM #235
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Well then I'm more in favor of having 50:1 and TD=6 than anything that has a TD=4.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:38 PM #236
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

yea me too. I fact, I think me and joe came to a consensus about that before the 2k10 season and that may have been when it changed. Though, I'm not sure.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:43 PM #237
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Basically we need a scoring system that makes it so that each position (well, QB/RB/WR anyway) will have roughly the same value. That way it takes a truly special season to significantly stand out. The top 5 QB's should not all have more points than the top RB.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 PM #238
Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Basically we need a scoring system that makes it so that each position (well, QB/RB/WR anyway) will have roughly the same value. That way it takes a truly special season to significantly stand out. The top 5 QB's should not all have more points than the top RB.
Or you could just draft accordingly? It seems proper that someone with 40+ touchdowns is more valuable than someone with 17 touchdowns.

IMO, elite quarterbacks aren't given enough disparity in FF.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:01 PM #239
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
Or you could just draft accordingly? It seems proper that someone with 40+ touchdowns is more valuable than someone with 17 touchdowns.

IMO, elite quarterbacks aren't given enough disparity in FF.
A mediocre NFL qb still throws for 20 tds. The best rb/wr in the league gets 20tds in an amazing season. You can't allow a good qb to average 30+pts a game, though(6pt tds, pt per 25yards) it makes FF retarded. The way we have it set up now is pretty much perfect. 6-7 years ago, rbs were way too important in FF, then PPR came, and now 6pt tds instead of 4pt tds. Its pretty damned balanced right now.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:11 PM #240
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've done 25 yards per point in almost every league I've played in since I started and its really not that bad. If anything, it diminishes the value of the top 3 or 4 guys because in a 12 team league, almost everyone is going to get a 4000 yard passer, and that keeps going up every year anyway. Its the same ****, it actually makes getting good RBs and WRs more important because QBs are going to score for you no matter what.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 PM #241
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

we've done 50yds per point the past two years, I see no reason to change it. Last year brees woulda had like 570pts. That woulda been 200 more points than megatron, seems a tad outrageous IMO.

Last edited by madgoat : 08-15-2012 at 09:40 PM.
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 PM #242
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Last year in this weird, wacky league we had .5 point per completion and .5 point per rush along with the regular ppr. QBs would have like 50 points easily and sometimes up to 75. RBs would have a lot as well. I took advantage of CJ Spiller after Fred Jackson got hurt and started him in the WR slot. So I was starting like 5 RBs and 2 WRs or something like that.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:10 PM #243
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I'm in a league this year where everything is .1. Everything.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 AM #244
Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
A mediocre NFL qb still throws for 20 tds. The best rb/wr in the league gets 20tds in an amazing season. You can't allow a good qb to average 30+pts a game, though(6pt tds, pt per 25yards) it makes FF retarded. The way we have it set up now is pretty much perfect. 6-7 years ago, rbs were way too important in FF, then PPR came, and now 6pt tds instead of 4pt tds. Its pretty damned balanced right now.
I'm not insisting that a mediocre QB should be more valuable then a HB. His comment was that the top 5 QBs are all higher than the top HB and I said that they should be.

My second comment was saying that those elite QBs (40+ TDs and 4,800+ yards) should be separated further from the mediocre QBs.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:47 PM #245
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
I'm not insisting that a mediocre QB should be more valuable then a HB. His comment was that the top 5 QBs are all higher than the top HB and I said that they should be.

My second comment was saying that those elite QBs (40+ TDs and 4,800+ yards) should be separated further from the mediocre QBs.
except all having pt per 25yards and 6pt tds does is widen the gap between qb's and other positions, not qb's and other qb's.

Brees had 391.12 points in the league last year. Flacco and Sanchez had 191.2 and 247.78. So, flacco scored 48.9% as many points as Brees, sanchez scored 63.4% as many points. If you readjust their point totals for pt per 25 yards instead of pt per 50 you get: Brees: 500.64, Flacco:263.4, Sanchez:317.26. So Flacco would have scored 52.61% as many points and Sanchez would have scored 63.4% as many points.

In contrast, Calvin Johnson scored 360.2(92.1% brees) and ray rice scored 377.82(96.6% brees). If you alter the scoring to reflect pt per 25yds, CJ now scores 71.9% as many pts as brees and ray rice 75.5%. So, loading up qb scoring with 6pt tds and pt per 25 yards barely does anything to change the dynamic between qbs, but does drastically shift scoring in favor of qb's over other positions.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:14 PM #246
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It. Doesnt. ****ing. Matter.

There are 10234312423 QBs that put up 4000 yards and 27+ TDs every year. It puts the emphasis on drafting stud RBs and WRs early and often.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:30 PM #247
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

what does that have to do with anything?

And also, there were only 8qbs who had 4000 yards and 27 tds last year. I guess you can count cam as the 9th since he had rushing TDs too. But I still dont' understand the point in inflating qbs that much. Its retarded to look at a player and see they are a lock for 20+ every week and get into the 40's multiple times a season. What has been so broken about the league the past two years that we would need to change it to pt per 25 now? Seems pretty damned balanced as is. Beast years at each position end up with similar point totals, with a slight edge to qbs. Sounds about right. No need to make it so good seasons by qb's are 70+points better than great seasons by rb/wrs.

Last edited by madgoat : 08-16-2012 at 04:35 PM.
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:22 PM #248
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
I'm in a league where QBs get .5 point per completion. Definitely picking up a gunslinger who throws it all the time.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:43 PM #249
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Hey, not sure if you guys deleted me yet, but I don't want to play this year.

I'm midnight special.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 AM #250
mrchuck234
Urban Assault

mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
I don't know who michaelscott is, but he has to be salty. He was winning, then I stole it by less than a point.

Get ****ed ****** lolol
mrchuck234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:59 AM #251
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

The only reason he even stayed close to you is because ****ing Matt Ryan decided to go all beast mode and get ~40 ****ing points. That happened to me in one of my other leagues, because Stafford waited until the last drive to actually play well.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
DMC_OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 AM #252
mrchuck234
Urban Assault

mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
Won 3 of 4. Not a bad start to the season.
mrchuck234 is offline   Reply With Quote