**been making a loader
Haha ok

Guns on Guns on Guns
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2012, 12:57 AM #1073
hansen15

hansen15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
anybody know where i can find a video of the internals.... ive looked every where
Old 08-13-2012, 01:09 AM #1074
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
Interesting that it works off vibration instead of eyes - I wonder if there are any markers so smooth that it won't detect a shot? (GT? ) Also, does this mean that if the hopper is full and you are running (which would cause vibration) that it would start spinning up without the marker firing, or does the software stop it from doing this?

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:15 AM #1075
626alex15
Pew Pew Pew

626alex15 posts videos on PbNation
626alex15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
626alex15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
626alex15 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_x View Post
Interesting that it works off vibration instead of eyes - I wonder if there are any markers so smooth that it won't detect a shot? (GT? )
Well the Houston Heat was using them on their Luxes, so I dont think that will be a problem. But you never know.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:59 AM #1076
Exhopek

Exhopek owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Exhopek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exhopek supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Interesting that it works off vibration instead of eyes - I wonder if there are any markers so smooth that it won't detect a shot? (GT? ) Also, does this mean that if the hopper is full and you are running (which would cause vibration) that it would start spinning up without the marker firing, or does the software stop it from doing this?

Same questions I have in mind. What about during a dive there should be enough vibration to trigger the sensor. Unless its some kind of sensor that works of the backpressure coming from the feedneck. Or do they just do a normal index since it wouldnt matter coz it has soft paddles and just make the balls jump. Its all speculation up to this point coz nobody cared to put it out yet.

Regina Regulators
Old 08-13-2012, 02:34 AM #1077
revo900
Big Guys Play Snake Too!

revo900 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
revo900 supports Team VICIOUS
revo900 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhopek View Post
Same questions I have in mind. What about during a dive there should be enough vibration to trigger the sensor. Unless its some kind of sensor that works of the backpressure coming from the feedneck. Or do they just do a normal index since it wouldnt matter coz it has soft paddles and just make the balls jump. Its all speculation up to this point coz nobody cared to put it out yet.
- If you guys all remember force feed hoppers like the rotor for example apply force until force is applied back. So if there is a ball in the breech and a vibration told the loader to cycle it will attempt to cycle but because the balls are not moving it will either attempt to anti-jam till it begins cycling or just stop and conserve battery life.

- About a gun being too smooth for it to cycle; well the name of the hopper slipped my mind I think it was a halo or empire B but I remember that the settings can be set so low that the vibration from a person's voice would make it cycle. So with that in mind a few years forward and better tech I highly doubt that is possible.

This loader seems promising I'm just annoyed by two things.
1 - It looks like a boat... I'm sorry it had to be said but I'm not big on aesthetics so I can get over it.

2 - After a 185$ price tag, which is steep, I also have to go drop another 35$ to have a speed feed that I really don't like. (sorry virtue)

Which is why I will wait for all the kinks to be banged out after the 1st gen and hopefully when gen2 comes out KM or Exalt will make a cheaper speedfeed.

Guns on Guns on Guns
Old 08-13-2012, 02:51 AM #1078
MiniMaster423
Proud Luxe 2.0 Owner

Annual Supporting Member
MiniMaster423 plays in the PSP
MiniMaster423 plays in the APPA D5 division
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
MiniMaster423 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Rotor costs the same. Don't know how many times I will say that
Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 AM #1079
josh_hill
0_o

has been a member for 10 years
josh_hill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
josh_hill has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
josh_hill has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansen15 View Post
anybody know where i can find a video of the internals.... ive looked every where
www.virtuespire.com

OLD SCHOOL FEEDBACK THREADS 23/0/0
PBR Feedback PBN Feedback
Old 08-13-2012, 06:12 AM #1080
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMaster423
Say it 100 more times.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"
Old 08-13-2012, 07:25 AM #1081
white_comet

white_comet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
white_comet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
white_comet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
white_comet supports DLX Technology
Got to try one of these out at MAO... I have a V3 Rotor now, but picking one of these up... great technology from a great company... even at the price of 215 w/ speed feed attachment is still cheaper then buying a brand new rotor( when they were released) w/ speed feed $235. Cant wait to have one of my own. Great job Virtue!!!!! Oh and i saw more Rotor jams this weekend and not once did i see a Spire jam
*\)\) copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4015496
Old 08-13-2012, 08:50 AM #1082
monkey_poo

monkey_poo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
So you liked it eh white? I'm pretty stoaked about the loader, I think I will pick up the 1st gen instead of wait. I really need a new loader to throw on my ego 11 and I'm not crazy enough about my vlo jr to keep using it. So if I don 't get it now I'd pick up a Z2 and not get a spire later.. probably would regret it the whole way.

For the boat comments, I guess I'm on of the only ones that really doesn't think it looks much like a boat. I mean maybe the white one, but the blacke.... for me it looks pretty close to the rotor honestly.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 AM #1083
Twister60

Twister60 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Twister60 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 is attending Decay of Nations VI
So it has a virtue board?

Full Body Creation, Machining, Anodizing and Repair + Parts and Service Available
Pods now only $1.00!
07 EGO|Hybrid NXT|PM6|RPM|PMR|3 Quest's
Old 08-13-2012, 12:15 PM #1084
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_comet View Post
Oh and i saw more Rotor jams this weekend and not once did i see a Spire jam
Oh because there is an equal number of rotors and spires being used right?

Probs 50% of people at psp use a rotor
35% prophecy/z2
5% velocity
5% halo/reloader style
5% spire max(for now I bet after cup it will be up to 20%)
I hope to see this be a big hit down the road for sure if nothing else to push dye and empire make even better products
Vanquish 1.5, Ice cuba luxe, Protégé, Cleanest 05 ego on PBN all FS
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82434857
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
Old 08-13-2012, 12:28 PM #1085
white_comet

white_comet owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
white_comet has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
white_comet has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
white_comet supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayteam120 View Post
Oh because there is an equal number of rotors and spires being used right?
Yes the odds are not the same BUT i was just stating an observation. Just like you stated an observation off of my comment. Virtue released a terrific product. I'm sure there are some issues but i am totally pumped to get one of these.
*\)\) copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4015496
Old 08-13-2012, 01:07 PM #1086
revo900
Big Guys Play Snake Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMaster423
So.... People still complain about the rotor's price and its been out since 2009. I'd never pay full retail and i probably wont for this if i so choose to buy it.

Guns on Guns on Guns
Old 08-13-2012, 01:46 PM #1087
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhopek View Post
Thanks for the tip pro player. I always welcome any info that helps me play. By the way what are Lids? Oh you mean the ones where we actually attach the speedfeeds?

I dont know how the pros play with their sponsored paint and all but I still like to be able to see how much paint is left coz there nothing worse than running out of paint on a middle of the run or picking up paint when its a one on one. Wait those never happen right?
Just an FYI and not to get in the middle of it cause it majes no difference realy but he is a pro player. He played for the new england hurricanes and eclipse distortiin aswell as some other notable teams Im sure. I just thought it was funny cause you said ok pro player sarcasticly and he is acctualy a pro player lol.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
Old 08-13-2012, 01:58 PM #1088
revo900
Big Guys Play Snake Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim4130

Just an FYI and not to get in the middle of it cause it majes no difference realy but he is a pro player. He played for the new england hurricanes and eclipse distortiin aswell as some other notable teams Im sure. I just thought it was funny cause you said ok pro player sarcasticly and he is acctualy a pro player lol.
OH THE IRONY!

Guns on Guns on Guns
Old 08-13-2012, 02:17 PM #1089
Trbo323

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP40 View Post
Since you saying Virtue basically slapped Spire on the side of a Rotor and released it doesnt make any sense, I wont bother trying to reason with you since you just seem to have no idea what they both are.
did i say this? gosh I sure dont remember saying it, can you quote it? because I sure can not

Quote:
As far as believing everything virtue says, why wouldn't I? Its a hopper. It is designed to put paintballs down a tube and into another tube, its really not that complicated and if they say it works and pros say it work I will take THEIR word as they developed and used it to have a valid opinion unlike you.
If we are just believing what manufactures say why not just believe what SP was selling about LP being more accurate, why not believe tippmann when they say the flatline gives you an extra mile of range? why not believe spyder when they said the rocking trigger was better?

Pros are PAID to tell you things work, even if you want to consider most paintball pros are not paid in cash they are still getting sponsorships and gear for free when was the last time you heard a nascar driver saying "well our goodyear tires did not live up to our expectations" or a football player saying he wished his Nike cleats had better grip on the field? and of course Virtue is only going to give it to people who are going to give it a good review, thats the whole reason they are not just releasing it to let it speak for itself. At this point and until its release the hopper will NOT be in the hands of ANYONE who will give it an accurate review because Virtue is just hyping it and nothing else

Quote:
As far as the fact that you keep referring to the V-Maxx and the Torque, get OVER IT. Seriously, how many markers were flops, how many goggles, how many packs, tanks etc. There is gear and products in all areas of paintball that didn't live up the expectation given. Just because this is a loader doesn't it set it to any other standard. Rotors had issues, Prophecys and Vlocitys and Eggs had lots of issues. Virtue is a different company and this is a different product. IF it doesn't work as expected then fine, its what it is, but I highly doubt, considering the level of players they cater to which mostly isn't the "weekend warrior" but all levels of paintball and considering they sponsor mostly pro teams and make boards for a lot of highend markers, I think they would intend to release a product that can work as needed in the game it was designed for.
you do realize that the whole reason Virtue is branching out is because they are loosing money in the boards at this point right? Stock boards have been getting better and better through the years killing off the need for an aftermarket board. It used to be that tourny modes only came on aftermarket boards but as it stands pretty much every marker in the mid range and up comes with all major tourny modes standard

Furthermore, you mentioned virtue sponsors mostly pro teams, ok a question, who sponsors mostly amateur teams? How many news hits would a sponsor get for sponsoring an amateur team vs a pro team? Of course they sponsor pro teams, thats how they get the news out but that doesnt mean that is the only sales they are interested in. Yes you will see a lot of spires in pro tournaments, but how many teams will actually have to pay for them? very close to 0, so yes you see them, but that is not where the money comes from.

Quote:
Lastly, why are you so against change? If you dont need a new hopper or want this product wtf are you doing in this thread. If you want to argue about the fact that you hope it doesnt work out and its a pos, fine I guess, but its not productive and your just ASSUMING. Do you know what assuming makes you? Read the first 3 letters because its never good to assume anything in life.

Im not against change, I am against this sort of marketing technique to boost sales. If Virtue really felt the need to live up to their name i really see no reason why they should need to lead players on in believing this thing is going to be the product that changes the game forever rather than just releasing it and letting it speak for itself, I see no reason why their rep should be telling people how to value their own gear and why he should be calling out other products in the industry as under-engineered or too cheap

You also do realize that by blindly believing Virtue on this matter that you are also ASSUMING it will be great right?

Lets look at the facts though

Virtue has said it will be "fast" but does not give any numbers

Virtue has said it will be "efficient" but again, gives no numbers

Virtue has said it holds a "True 200" but if you look close there is a little "TM" trademark logo after that meaning its a name and not a promise of capacity

so in reality they have told everyone very little about this, and no im not saying its going to be terrible but everyone is assuming its going to be great based on nothing

It is a marketing technique that uses the wishful thinking of players against themselves

^^^^if you are new and looking for gear, click here ^^^^
Old 08-13-2012, 02:34 PM #1090
disturbed989
gun whore addict

Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
did i say this? gosh I sure dont remember saying it, can you quote it? because I sure can not

If we are just believing what manufactures say why not just believe what SP was selling about LP being more accurate, why not believe tippmann when they say the flatline gives you an extra mile of range? why not believe spyder when they said the rocking trigger was better?

Pros are PAID to tell you things work, even if you want to consider most paintball pros are not paid in cash they are still getting sponsorships and gear for free when was the last time you heard a nascar driver saying "well our goodyear tires did not live up to our expectations" or a football player saying he wished his Nike cleats had better grip on the field? and of course Virtue is only going to give it to people who are going to give it a good review, thats the whole reason they are not just releasing it to let it speak for itself. At this point and until its release the hopper will NOT be in the hands of ANYONE who will give it an accurate review because Virtue is just hyping it and nothing else

you do realize that the whole reason Virtue is branching out is because they are loosing money in the boards at this point right? Stock boards have been getting better and better through the years killing off the need for an aftermarket board. It used to be that tourny modes only came on aftermarket boards but as it stands pretty much every marker in the mid range and up comes with all major tourny modes standard

Furthermore, you mentioned virtue sponsors mostly pro teams, ok a question, who sponsors mostly amateur teams? How many news hits would a sponsor get for sponsoring an amateur team vs a pro team? Of course they sponsor pro teams, thats how they get the news out but that doesnt mean that is the only sales they are interested in. Yes you will see a lot of spires in pro tournaments, but how many teams will actually have to pay for them? very close to 0, so yes you see them, but that is not where the money comes from.

Im not against change, I am against this sort of marketing technique to boost sales. If Virtue really felt the need to live up to their name i really see no reason why they should need to lead players on in believing this thing is going to be the product that changes the game forever rather than just releasing it and letting it speak for itself, I see no reason why their rep should be telling people how to value their own gear and why he should be calling out other products in the industry as under-engineered or too cheap

You also do realize that by blindly believing Virtue on this matter that you are also ASSUMING it will be great right?

Virtue has said it holds a "True 200" but if you look close there is a little "TM" trademark logo after that meaning its a name and not a promise of capacity

so in reality they have told everyone very little about this, and no im not saying its going to be terrible but everyone is assuming its going to be great based on nothing

It is a marketing technique that uses the wishful thinking of players against themselves
They were for sale at Mao and they have released a speed graph.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:52 PM #1091
Nick Brockdorff

Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post

I wonder what marketing course you took, that told you a product should just be released and speak for itself

Virtue has not said the product will "change the game forever" - where on earth did you get that from?

And honestly, in these youtube and ****** times, do you seriously think a company would say the loader is fast, battery efficient and hold 200 balls..... if it was not true?

They would become a laughing stock pretty quick, if the product did not live up to the hype.

I get the SP and Kingman references.... but that was a different time. - These days, those kinds of claims cannot be made by a manufacturer, without seriously impacting their business negatively, if they do not hold water.

So, how about you chill out, and wait for the product to be tested - before passing judgement? - Otherwise you may look silly in a not too distant future

Old 08-13-2012, 03:41 PM #1092
Swantonbomboy

Annual Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy plays in the PSP
Swantonbomboy plays in the APPA D4 division
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Stopped by the virtue tent at MAO and was told by a rep to expect ~15 cases off a set of batteries.

Pic I snapped while at the show.

Initial impressions from the show are that it is a well made loader with very simple disassembly. I'm a little hesitant on how easy the inside of the loader would be to clean if a ball were to break.

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.