Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-13-2012, 11:09 AM #85
pbizlife

pbizlife plays in the PSP
pbizlife posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I felt like the reffing was great for event 6 but I STILL wasn't Chrono'd once during the entire event.

I used three different guns all season and I never chrono'd a single one of them before playing, but nobody would ever know that because nobody ever checked. I understand you guys have a lot to deal with, but in 2009 (I didn't play in '10/'11) I was chrono'd before each prelim match. Why did you stop?

Other than that minor complaint, best season of paintball I've ever had. Thanks to the whole CFPS staff for everything, it was a year that you can be sure I'll never forget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegiff420 View Post
The ref in front of the pit on feild two left side was not very good. He was talking to the pit half the time instead of watching the game. I seen him miss a few calls that changed games.. he also never told ne one to cover their barrel and once again let live guns into the pit. That needs to be changed before someone gets seriously hurt. Evryone one else on feild two kick *** if though I think they could of used a little more help so they weren't running ragged out there. Also would like to see teams being told to get out of the pits. Teams seemed to be living in there this wkend. Only teams that should be in there should be team playing and team on deck.
The on field reffing was on point this event minus a few questionable calls... The safety was the biggest issue, on field 3 a guy walked in the pits with a live gun and shot himself in the nuts, luckily it was his face or anybody elses for that matter. just seen way too many live guns in the pit to be comfortable with
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2012, 12:07 PM #86
Skylar518

Skylar518 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Live guns in the pit is my only complaint. One accident will solve that. Consider it lucky it didnt happen this year

Refs did great for having to be in the rain all day
Cfps #2 D5 5 man 3rd place
Cfps #3 D5 1st Place
Cfps #3 D4 xball 3rd place
Cfps #4 D5 1st Place
Cfps #5 D4 xball 3rd Place
Cfps #5 D5 2nd place
Gfoa #5 D4 3rd place
Skylar518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:26 PM #87
paintballguy1

paintballguy1 plays in the PSP
paintballguy1 is an NCPA player
paintballguy1 plays in the APPA D2 division
at one of the events i played this yeah one of the viper players had a barrel squegy in their barrel and had his gun on and i got shot in the leg with a swab. kind of lucky he wasn't gonna get air and me get shot in the eye with it.

feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post28839854
paintballguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:50 AM #88
CHR!S420 (Banned)

CHR!S420 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CHR!S420 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CHR!S420 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CHR!S420 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguy1
at one of the events i played this yeah one of the viper players had a barrel squegy in their barrel and had his gun on and i got shot in the leg with a swab. kind of lucky he wasn't gonna get air and me get shot in the eye with it.
Dam that squegy had to of injured you! We're you able to play the rest of the event
CHR!S420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:51 PM #89
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
That's another thing I'm iffy on is the whole barrel swab instead of a sock thing. The swab shoots out of the gun after the first shot, so if your gun shoots another ball it's flying out at 300fps. I'm not sure when it became acceptable to no longer require barrel socks or chronographs, but that's asking for trouble in the future.

The guys at CFP work too hard to have an event ruined by someone shooting someone else in the face on accident or giving someone a concussion because they're shooting 340 fps.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:13 PM #90
venice empire77
_________

venice empire77 plays in the PSP
venice empire77 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguy1 View Post
I remember a situation very well a few years ago where you were waving your stdm5 around in the shop and I said to not point it at my face just to hear "What there's nothing in it look". And you shot a ball right past my face to the wall.

Yea, I'm glad you got shot by a swab dick.
venice empire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:49 PM #91
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP| John View Post
Eric rightfully so lost it?
That's ridiculous. Eric has proven himself to be a fair and decent man. I doubt he ever loses it and doesn't regret it. If you think losing it is a justifiable action when you disagree with something then you should stay away from paintball tournaments.

Some of these refs are way to friendly with some of the "other" teams?
Say what you want about missed calls, bad calls, or whatever but this complaint ruins any credibility your other points have.

For the other complaints and the other people on this thread discussing other reffing issues, I just wanted to bring up the following for you guys to think about. We use the same refs every event. You can't get the exact same crew every time but 90% of the refs out there last weekend were the same as every other event this year. Most of these guys have been reffing the CFPS for three years, some for more.

Every year when the weather is good and it's not hot, the reffing is always considered good. Every year when it gets real hot the reffing starts getting complained about. Same refs, pretty much the same teams, the big variable is the heat.

I'm not saying that there aren't any valid complaints. The hotter it gets the faster everyone gets worn out. The hotter it gets the more combative players get. The more combative everyone gets the less empathy either ref or player has for each other and their circumstance.

That doesn't mean we don't care or that we don't want feedback. We want to put forth the absolute best product we can. We take our customers feedback seriously. However, this is a trend I've noticed that hasn't changed since I started playing tournaments in 1999. If you have an idea that doesn't make it pointless to even hold the event, like, you guys should hire 3 different ref crews so the refs are always fresh, then we'd like to hear it.

My experience could be summed up with; every year despite what ever efforts we make, the summer time events are going to have more complaints, more near fights, and more post tournament complaining than rest of the events. Or from a players perspective you could say; that despite the promoters and refs best efforts, the summer time events are going to have a few more missed calls, a few more in-consistent decisions, and a few more mishandled situations.

Jon. I absolutely appluad you on your tactful manner in which you approached this subject. I will admit i have had my doubts and queries about your reffing staff. I must say however your response to this, has shed light to them all. I would also like to say that i am very happy with the 2012 CFPS series. Keep doing great things and i look forward to 2013.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:32 PM #92
2k4
ADXN

2k4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2k4 plays in the APPA D4 division
The cfps is the best and only tournaments worth playing in the area year in- year out.Case closed...