Community Focus

Old 07-23-2012, 08:30 PM #22
pbizlife

pbizlife plays in the PSP
pbizlife posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I have three complaints/suggestions/whatever the hell about officiating:

1.) I've been at every event this season and not once have I been chrono'd, nor have I seen anyone else checked either. This worries me.

2.) This most recent event, the barrel bags were a problem. Event 3 you were walking around to each pit telling teams it was a -1 body penalty at the start of the next game. You REALLY need to do that again next event. I don't feel comfortable with people walking around without a barrel sock on.

3.) I told Steve before the event that I would shoot more people than him. Unfortunately, I got the second most kills on the team and Steve once again shot more people than everyone else on the roster. This is unacceptable. More people need to walk in front of my paint and prevent Steve from once again shooting the most people. It's officially your responsibility to make sure that someone other than Steve shoots you.

Thank you,
Dom
I got chrono'd once this year... and steve got pulled for a major so his kills dont count
pbizlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 PM #23
Skylar518

Skylar518 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I wasn't even shot lol. The only paint I had on me was from our own painT that the other team wasnt shooting lol. I think Dom counted shooting me as a kill for him lol. Its ok I do recall me
Being at their snake can and 3 or 4 of them walking off in 9 seconds.

Btw josh if you think subtracting those kills would of put Dom ahead then ask Dom what the final count was lol
Cfps #2 D5 5 man 3rd place
Cfps #3 D5 1st Place
Cfps #3 D4 xball 3rd place
Cfps #4 D5 1st Place
Cfps #5 D4 xball 3rd Place
Cfps #5 D5 2nd place
Gfoa #5 D4 3rd place
Skylar518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:26 PM #24
pbizlife

Devin not Josh lol
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 PM #25
Skylar518

oh just thought it was josh lol. guess i didnt look at the name just everything else lol.
Cfps #3 D5 1st Place
Cfps #4 D5 1st Place
Cfps #5 D5 2nd place
Gfoa #5 D4 3rd place
Old 07-23-2012, 10:26 PM #26
himynameisrobert

himynameisrobert plays in the PSP
himynameisrobert owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
himynameisrobert supports Team VICIOUS
himynameisrobert plays in the APPA D4 division
himynameisrobert has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
himynameisrobert has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
From a reffs perspective, all i can say is we are doing the best we can out there guys. We sacrifice our weekends, get the time off work, come from all over florida and wake up at the buttcrack of dawn just as you guys do, but WE are their so that YOU can play.

Like John said, the heat is the biggest factor in reffing. It prevents those of us who are too scared to get a little sweaty from coming out. It also kicks our ***** out their. Im sure some of you saw me puking mid game on field 4 yesterday, and that was just 4 or 5 matches into it. Just like any other sport, there are close calls that need to be made. These calls can make or break the game for teams, but in the end someone has to make the call. All of us (reffs) are paintball players, and we have seen firsthand calls that should have gone differently, but it happens.
There's just too many factors to the game. Perspective being a big one. We might not see that guy over in the 50 dorito get shot in the arm from the snake side, or maybe a prop was in our line of sight while he still had the hit on him. As a spectator it is your job to watch the game, not try to tell us how to do OUR jobs. Spectators can see more then the refs can in most cases because you have a better "panoramic" view of the field and can actually see the game get played. Where as us reffs are looking at a select one or two players to see if they get shot. We arn't watching the games like you... Hell, most of the time we don't know whos playing who, where just watching the players who show up at to the bunkers in our "zones" so don't take it personally if we pull a penalty where we (the reffs) feel one is deserved. With 10 players on the field it is difficult for every angle of each player to be seen, this is where the honor of the players comes into play...

himynameisrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 PM #27
Skylar518

i honestly think some shade for the refs would be nice. All you players complaining how hot it was and having your pants off sitting under canopys and getting 45 min breaks from the sun. Just think about the refs not having that and having a mask on in full gear the whole day.
Cfps #3 D5 1st Place
Cfps #4 D5 1st Place
Cfps #5 D5 2nd place
Gfoa #5 D4 3rd place
Old 07-23-2012, 10:43 PM #28
Paintball Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP| John View Post
Eric rightfully so lost it?
That's ridiculous. Eric has proven himself to be a fair and decent man. I doubt he ever loses it and doesn't regret it. If you think losing it is a justifiable action when you disagree with something then you should stay away from paintball tournaments.

Some of these refs are way to friendly with some of the "other" teams?
Say what you want about missed calls, bad calls, or whatever but this complaint ruins any credibility your other points have.

For the other complaints and the other people on this thread discussing other reffing issues, I just wanted to bring up the following for you guys to think about. We use the same refs every event. You can't get the exact same crew every time but 90% of the refs out there last weekend were the same as every other event this year. Most of these guys have been reffing the CFPS for three years, some for more.

Every year when the weather is good and it's not hot, the reffing is always considered good. Every year when it gets real hot the reffing starts getting complained about. Same refs, pretty much the same teams, the big variable is the heat.

I'm not saying that there aren't any valid complaints. The hotter it gets the faster everyone gets worn out. The hotter it gets the more combative players get. The more combative everyone gets the less empathy either ref or player has for each other and their circumstance.

That doesn't mean we don't care or that we don't want feedback. We want to put forth the absolute best product we can. We take our customers feedback seriously. However, this is a trend I've noticed that hasn't changed since I started playing tournaments in 1999. If you have an idea that doesn't make it pointless to even hold the event, like, you guys should hire 3 different ref crews so the refs are always fresh, then we'd like to hear it.

My experience could be summed up with; every year despite what ever efforts we make, the summer time events are going to have more complaints, more near fights, and more post tournament complaining than rest of the events. Or from a players perspective you could say; that despite the promoters and refs best efforts, the summer time events are going to have a few more missed calls, a few more in-consistent decisions, and a few more mishandled situations.
Dont waste your time John at the end of the day you said it best....if you have an issue go to you.. its paintball **** going to happen no matter what, and dam it was hot son, i was all ****ed up by the time i got home and i wouldnt have it any other way... see everyone in Aug...
Paintball Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:35 PM #29
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
1.) I've been at every event this season and not once have I been chrono'd, nor have I seen anyone else checked either. This worries me.
I have to agree on this point. I haven't been at every event, but I didn't see anyone being checked at the events I did attend.

Other than that, I can say with complete honesty and certainty that CFP and their staff/refs run the best and most honest tournaments around.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:26 AM #30
BOOGPRO
Masters World Champion

BOOGPRO donated to help Peyton Trent
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends V
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends VI
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends VII
i honestly think some shade for the refs would be nice. All you players complaining how hot it was and having your pants off sitting under canopys and getting 45 min breaks from the sun. Just think about the refs not having that and having a mask on in full gear the whole day.

The problem is you cant take large breaks with the refs for you wont have enough time to finish the tourny. I do suggest to bring those refs some umbrellas to use as portable shade and maybe a folding chair for in between games. Also flag carriers if they blow the whistle before you can hang it put the damn flag back at the 50 instead of just flinging it to the ground unless your gassed . We all need to try and help the reffs stay as fresh as we can so just cause you throw some paint a guys way dont start yellin to check em I cant tell ya how many times I saw a kid shoot in the general area of a guy and start yellin for a check.
Original Member of FLA Annihilators, RAGE. Member of Lockout, Jax Warriors, Nemisis, Strange B, Cypress, Mickeys Rats,Legacy Masters, loaned to East Coast Eliminators N.Y., Palm Beach Predetors, Hounds of Hell N.Y.,CFP Masters and many more. Original P.R.O. , NXL Referee,PSP, NPPL, EXL, NCPA,CFPS,SPCS, Ultimate Madness, Areanaball, UK Referee . Draxxus All Stars '08 World Cup Masters Champion

R.I.P. Towlie & Odin

Yes i am the reason we have ID cards now sorry
BOOGPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:58 AM #31
Shooter28
PEACE

Shooter28 plays in the PSP
Shooter28 supports DLX Technology
Shooter28 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFWD View Post
I can say with complete honesty and certainty that CFP and their staff/refs run the best and most honest tournaments around.
x2
ΞΞ

R.I.P.{HSP}
Gun Sale Thread | SHOCKER PARTS!!! | My gun collection | D00M.
Shooter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 AM #32
Blutick
WFC2

Blutick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blutick plays in the APPA D5 division
Really seems to me that a lot points back to integrity w/ Players and Refs. If the refs were in fact coaching teams or individual players then that would point back to the establishment and the monitoring of the refs. Now its understandable that CFP management can't actually monitor ever ref in every game, but if there is repeated accusations from "different teams" then as they say "where there is smoke there is fire" needs to be the prevailing attitude. CFP might want to remove that ref from that field and relocate him to another. Please understand that this would / should only be after repeated reports and observation by CFP management. Now as far as the players go, this is really where the problem "lies" (pun intended). I was strictly coaching this Sunday, so had plenty of time to observe the various points in progress between our games. The very blatent disreguard for the rules by numerous players was extremely disheartening. I know that everyone says that "wiping is part of the game", but really I think that if we expect to hold the refs to a certain standard then we need to hold ourselves to those same standards. If you get shot out on the break then you got shot on the break. Maybe you should learn from that and modify your approach on the next point, not just play on and hope a ref didnt see it. If you get shot out of your bunker then maybe you should have been in tighter and not so exposed, again learn from it and once again change you approach.

I guess the bottom line is do you want to win because you cheated and didnt get caught or do you want to win because you and your teammates came out and executed the best plan and beat the other team fair and square?

The choice is yours....... Obviously!

My hat goes off to the refs that are out there every tournament, in the heat basiclly trying to catch players cheating...... Now that's a thankless job!
Blutick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:58 AM #33
pbizlife

Ref with ceo shirt and the ref with tha tattoos from field 4 were solid
Old 07-24-2012, 12:09 PM #34
lynnwood

lynnwood plays in the PSP
lynnwood plays in the APPA D4 division
I feel the cfp is reffed as good as most psp events ive been to or played in.
perfect on every call no, could i do better no. As far as reffs knowing people and helping i find that hard to believe i know a few of the guys from over the years and honestly i feel i reffed harder because they do know me.
examples. ive been pulled on leaving my barrel tip behind, being hit on the barrel itself, and to my shame ive been pulled on a three for one for playing on(pack hit). were all these calls tough yes i wasnt happy, and seniors response to me was "im just keeping it real, psp would have pulled you too".
ive heard the smith's talking with their reffs and they are very strict.
my first couple years it was easier to blame the reffs for a bad outing, as time went by i realized you play smart play hard and roll with the punches.
1st Place round 1 CFPS D4 X-ball 2011
1st place round 6 cfps d4x palm beach
1st place round 5 cfps d4x palm beach
1st place round 4 cfps d4x Palm beach
1st place round 2 cfps d4x Palm beach
lynnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 PM #35
lynnwood

lynnwood plays in the PSP
lynnwood plays in the APPA D4 division
and for the record ive been on a team that placed dead last once and yes the reffing was still good. it was our play not the reffing! they just called it as they seen it...
1st Place round 1 CFPS D4 X-ball 2011
1st place round 6 cfps d4x palm beach
1st place round 5 cfps d4x palm beach
1st place round 4 cfps d4x Palm beach
1st place round 2 cfps d4x Palm beach
lynnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:02 PM #36
Paintball Jefe

so i have a question... you said your team didnt play but you're throwing other teams into your post,like my team Element...

Who do you play for? and if you cant tell me that please dont use my team's name to make your point...Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 02:49 PM #37
paintball is in me

what the hell if jefe, anway i dont see why i need to tell you who i play for..

Snakplayer87 - you sound like like a 15year old so whatever

Lynnwood - okay you got what i'm talking about, you cant call a minor on one team and then gp up a level for the same issue with a differnt team, that sucks.

And John you cant say you're using the same refs cause i was watching D5 and you had the short kids that plays for a D5 team. I know he does because i played his team in event 1 and 2... he's a cool kid but he never moved or called anyone out, he was scared.

Also "Some of these refs are way to friendly with some of the "other" teams?
Say what you want about missed calls, bad calls, or whatever but this complaint ruins any credibility your other points have" Really you think so, you dont think they help there friends John, why you think most teams wont say anything??? they dont want to take the chance of getting f@#$%&
paintball is in me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:55 PM #38
Paintball Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutick View Post
Really seems to me that a lot points back to integrity w/ Players and Refs. If the refs were in fact coaching teams or individual players then that would point back to the establishment and the monitoring of the refs. Now its understandable that CFP management can't actually monitor ever ref in every game, but if there is repeated accusations from "different teams" then as they say "where there is smoke there is fire" needs to be the prevailing attitude. CFP might want to remove that ref from that field and relocate him to another. Please understand that this would / should only be after repeated reports and observation by CFP management. Now as far as the players go, this is really where the problem "lies" (pun intended). I was strictly coaching this Sunday, so had plenty of time to observe the various points in progress between our games. The very blatent disreguard for the rules by numerous players was extremely disheartening. I know that everyone says that "wiping is part of the game", but really I think that if we expect to hold the refs to a certain standard then we need to hold ourselves to those same standards. If you get shot out on the break then you got shot on the break. Maybe you should learn from that and modify your approach on the next point, not just play on and hope a ref didnt see it. If you get shot out of your bunker then maybe you should have been in tighter and not so exposed, again learn from it and once again change you approach.

I guess the bottom line is do you want to win because you cheated and didnt get caught or do you want to win because you and your teammates came out and executed the best plan and beat the other team fair and square?

The choice is yours....... Obviously!

My hat goes off to the refs that are out there every tournament, in the heat basiclly trying to catch players cheating...... Now that's a thankless job!

DAM!!! that was very well said.... by far the best reply i seen, my hat goes off to you Sir.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:34 PM #39
thegiff420

thegiff420 plays in the MiLP
thegiff420 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
thegiff420 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thegiff420 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I am boys with or practice against all most every ref that was on field 2 and I had 2 minor penalties called on me. One I think was complete BS the other....yeah you got me lol. So I don't wanna hear anything about favoritism. These bust their *** so we can shoot each other all day. We get to take or **** off after every match while they bake in the sun all day. So get over the calls you win some you lose some.

As for the barrel bag comment Skylar I completely agree. Almost got shot one or twice in my pits because some noob to didn't wanna put his condom on.

CFP AND FSP best fields in FL
thegiff420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:38 PM #40
Mark790.06

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball is in me View Post
Really you think so, you dont think they help there friends John, why you think most teams wont say anything??? they dont want to take the chance of getting f@#$%&
Seems that a healthy load of BS is in you too.

Most teams happily play our events, but won't say anything about bias reffing because they don't want to get f@#$%&? f@#$%& by who if they're already getting help from the refs? If they're not getting help but suspect bias against their team why would they attend and get f@#$%& by the refs anyway?

Just because teams don't come on here and arbitrarily say that they didn't get f@#$%& doesn't prove your point.
Mark790.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:38 PM #41
thegiff420

thegiff420 plays in the MiLP
thegiff420 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
thegiff420 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thegiff420 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There was some coaching from behind the starting box which was addressed and there was some wiping going. But it is part of the game. The refs cant see everything and be everyone at once. We as players need have a little pride and ask to be checked if you get shot. This bs about I didn't feel it can go out the window.

CFP AND FSP best fields in FL
thegiff420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:23 PM #42
Skylar518

I honestly think that the majority of the problem is us as players including me rely on the refs to come get you out even though you can see the hit on your hand or where ever.

I think the "being nice" because there d5 is almost teaching players bad habits.

Some things I saw am I will admit have been guilty of

1. If your hit and you know it get the $&@$ out or I'll keep shooting you.
2. Barrel bags need to be on BEFORE you come in the pits ( safety first )
3. Players yelling more than one word when hit. I though screaming I'm hit 3 times was against the rules.
4. Don't come out of the pits till you hear the buzzer or whistle. If you played us in the finals and we won the first point I'm an @$@ and I will try to draw this and it should be enforced.

Just a couple things I saw more on Sunday as I'm sandbagging then on saturday. But I think hearing it's d5 so were not calling a penalty is wrong. Fundamentals at the start of a young paintballers carrer leads to succes and this means following all the rules.
Cfps #3 D5 1st Place
Cfps #4 D5 1st Place
Cfps #5 D5 2nd place
Gfoa #5 D4 3rd place