PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-22-2012, 10:36 PM #1
canyon289

UW Madison PB Team?

There have been some older threads on this but does the University of Wisconsin Madison still have a paintball team?
canyon289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2012, 12:45 AM #2
alkel

alkel owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
alkel supports Empire
UW-Madison Team

I am also really interested to know if the team still exists. I go to Madison but I have been out of the game for a couple of years. Right now I am looking to start playing again and I figured finding out about the team would be a good start.
alkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 PM #3
Counterfeit_Syn5304
1uP

Annual Supporting Member
Counterfeit_Syn5304 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Counterfeit_Syn5304 supports Pev's Paintball
Counterfeit_Syn5304 plays in the APPA D5 division
Counterfeit_Syn5304 is Legendary
Counterfeit_Syn5304 supports Empire
They were around I know from around 2005-2009 but I haven't heard anything from them in a while. Check the ncpa "college" forum in the tournament section for more info.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:32 PM #4
hansoncor

hansoncor plays in the PSP
hansoncor supports our troops
hansoncor is an NCPA player
hansoncor plays in the APPA D4 division
They quit playinh the ncpa after 2009 because of the lack of support from the school. However i believe they still might have a recreational club.
hansoncor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:42 PM #5
MOTORHEAD

Sorry to hijack, but if either the OP or Alkel are looking for a dedicated team, Hooligans is looking for at least two more people to fill our second line.

We are based in Milwaukee/Sheboygan/Green Bay, and have one guy who drives up from Madison. I am sure you could work out a car pool with him.

Here is a thread with more info: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3835439
Old 07-24-2012, 02:41 AM #6
alkel

alkel supports Empire
Sounds cool and I would definitely be in except that I am in Seattle for the summer for an internship. If anything opens up in the future let me know.

Good luck!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 AM #7
Sconnie34

Sconnie34 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkel View Post
I am also really interested to know if the team still exists. I go to Madison but I have been out of the game for a couple of years. Right now I am looking to start playing again and I figured finding out about the team would be a good start.
I was just in the same boat. I also attend UW-Madison and landed an internship out in SoCal for the summer. So, I decided what better time to get back into the game than when I will be spending 3 months in the mecca of the sport?!?!?

I contacted CfLI in the Red Gym to see if the team was still registered as a "student organization" and found out the team is no longer officially registered on campus.

This will be my senior year, and I am already the President of another student org, but if you want to try and re-build the team or grow a club team, I am down to help.

I love the sport and would be stoked if we could get a Badger Team back on the scene!!

Plus, I would love an excuse to get some custom Bucky jerseys made by Raza!

Sconnie - if you don't know what it means, then you better get with it son!
Sconnie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 AM #8
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
axhi supports DLX Technology
Hey,

I was club Vice President from 06-07. Our tournament team was basically the same 8 guys and we stopped playing in 08-09 because our school gave us zero dollars. Most of us started a team and play on that now, College.

We are based out of Madison. If you are looking to grind or hitch a ride ever, feel free to PM me. We play every weekend.
axhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 AM #9
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconnie34 View Post
I was just in the same boat. I also attend UW-Madison and landed an internship out in SoCal for the summer. So, I decided what better time to get back into the game than when I will be spending 3 months in the mecca of the sport?!?!?

I contacted CfLI in the Red Gym to see if the team was still registered as a "student organization" and found out the team is no longer officially registered on campus.

This will be my senior year, and I am already the President of another student org, but if you want to try and re-build the team or grow a club team, I am down to help.

I love the sport and would be stoked if we could get a Badger Team back on the scene!!

Plus, I would love an excuse to get some custom Bucky jerseys made by Raza!
The original jerseys were the Wisconsin Hockey ones. They have WISCONSIN going down the side.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:36 AM #10
Sconnie34

Quote:
Also, when I decided to get back into paintball I bought a good portion of my equipment from Alienman Paintballand got an amazing deal!! Like, saved over $250 amazing!!! I went on their SwapMeet day and he had all of his brand new equipment at ridiculously low prices.

So, if you want to get back in and save some cash, check him out before you hit up ANSgear or someone else.

Hope to see you on a field in Wisco sometime soon.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:43 AM #11
Sconnie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by axhi View Post
Hey,

I was club Vice President from 06-07. Our tournament team was basically the same 8 guys and we stopped playing in 08-09 because our school gave us zero dollars. Most of us started a team and play on that now, College.

We are based out of Madison. If you are looking to grind or hitch a ride ever, feel free to PM me. We play every weekend.
Solid. I will definitely hit you guys up when I get back in town after I finish my internship. The players out here in SoCal are a blast, and I would like to keep playing back home.

Where do you play? Also, are you active in any of the tourneys (local or national)?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 AM #12
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
Quote:
Solid. I will definitely hit you guys up when I get back in town after I finish my internship. The players out here in SoCal are a blast, and I would like to keep playing back home.

Where do you play? Also, are you active in any of the tourneys (local or national)?
We practice a little bit of everywhere. We are in the process of buying a 2k12 psp field though.

We play all MWXL, Vicious Series, PSP Chicago this year, and NPPL Vegas this year (in october)
Old 07-24-2012, 01:55 PM #13
pb4life16

Annual Supporting Member
pb4life16 is a Supporting Member
I also go to UW and this will be my senior year, but will be around for grad school for 2013-2015. I used to play with Chad and Mike that played with the original Badger Ballers and recognize most of the people in that College picture, from Dedicated. I haven't played much this summer, but would be interested in getting back into it and forming a club/team on campus. Feel free to pm me.

Last edited by pb4life16 : 07-24-2012 at 05:20 PM.
pb4life16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:36 PM #14
Sconnie34

Well, is this coming to the moment where we all decide if we want to pull the trigger on making a school team happen again?

I am down for it. That said, we should all discuss the commitment involved in doing so. Fortunately, we have a rare benefit of axhi who can shed some light on the subject matter to help us make an informed decision on this.

I can look into funding, but I know the ASM already had their budget hearings in May. If we can get the paperwork in to become a Registered Student Organization and develop a WIN Page, we might be able to write for travel and event grants to cover some expenses.

So, I guess the question is, who wants in?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:36 PM #15
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
Quote:
Well, is this coming to the moment where we all decide if we want to pull the trigger on making a school team happen again?

I am down for it. That said, we should all discuss the commitment involved in doing so. Fortunately, we have a rare benefit of axhi who can shed some light on the subject matter to help us make an informed decision on this.

I can look into funding, but I know the ASM already had their budget hearings in May. If we can get the paperwork in to become a Registered Student Organization and develop a WIN Page, we might be able to write for travel and event grants to cover some expenses.

So, I guess the question is, who wants in?
FYI, we get grouped in the same club as hoofers. They allocate their money and they didn't want to give us much. Make sure you petition to be recognized as a seperate club sport.

Let me know if you need anything. I'd be glad to help. I'll even coach if you guys make a class a team or get enough support. UW kids can always grin with us. Also, we're looking to get a PSP field near Madison.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:06 AM #16
alkel

alkel supports Empire
Well I would definitely be in to start another team. My only concern is that I am supposed to graduate in December. I still plan on being around for a couple of months after I graduate but I don't know how that works for eligibility. Can someone shed some light on that?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:39 AM #17
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
Quote:
Well I would definitely be in to start another team. My only concern is that I am supposed to graduate in December. I still plan on being around for a couple of months after I graduate but I don't know how that works for eligibility. Can someone shed some light on that?
You have to be enrolled to play on the uw team.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:38 PM #18
alkel

alkel supports Empire
Okay. I thought that was the case but i saw someone talking about waivers on another thread so I didnt if that could apply to my situation.

Even with that limitation I am still in to play.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:01 AM #19
pballkid21587

pballkid21587 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Will be around for 2-3 more years and I am interested if anything ends up happening.

$!$!$! MW !$!$!$
pballkid21587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 PM #20
sterndale91914

uw

I'll be out there for school next year and would be interested in this
sterndale91914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:59 PM #21
jfaulhaber

Im going to be a freshman at Madison this year and would love to be a part of this! PM me. Im moving in on the 26th
jfaulhaber is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups