Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 10:25 PM #1
yesme
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Europe is done.

http://theautomaticearth.com/Finance...mp-greece.html

Ba BAM *****es, next up, Spain....

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...implosion.html



What is everyones take on this? They say Greece can leave orderly. I don't believe that to be the case, and even if so, the Eurozone has A LOT more problems then just Greece.

Take the recent protests in Spain, the fact that unemployment is sky high, and couple that with the reforms and pay cuts,etc they are going thru. Hopefully they have been reading some of my writings online and have prepared for this kind of problem. Has anyone thought to prepare for the coming greatest depression? You guys did see the BDI drop like a stone( http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/BDIY:IND click the one yr chart check jan 2012) right? You have been watching the manufacture reports lately correct? You do understand that car sales have been up due to "stuffing lots" right?

You do know it's world wide right?

http://www.businessinsider.com/china...p-to-80-2012-7

Last edited by yesme : 07-22-2012 at 10:32 PM.
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2012, 09:03 AM #2
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants
 
EPAPressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
I was in Portugal last year and a lot of the people I met said they were doing fine.....until they had to go get jobs when their pension ran out after a couple of years.
__________________
"Chic-Fi-La has an awful chicken sandwich"

-Said nobody, ever.


"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:48 AM #3
yesme
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Exactly

I heard the reason spain has held it together for so long is the strong family unit there, i.e. living with your working family.
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:21 AM #4
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
First Europe, now Spain?


__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:30 AM #5
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants
 
EPAPressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
I noticed that as well haha.
__________________
"Chic-Fi-La has an awful chicken sandwich"

-Said nobody, ever.


"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 PM #6
yesme
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
First Europe, now Spain?


Europe is done is the title of the thread, of which i then proceeded to show why with the link on Greece, then Spain. I guess i should of went ahead and posted on France, Ireland, Italy and the rest so you might have grasped it better. Forgot that most, while passing the .gov propaganda schools, they never really thought you how to think.
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 AM #7
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesme View Post
http://theautomaticearth.com/Finance...mp-greece.html

Ba BAM *****es, next up, Spain....

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...implosion.html



What is everyones take on this? They say Greece can leave orderly. I don't believe that to be the case, and even if so, the Eurozone has A LOT more problems then just Greece.

Take the recent protests in Spain, the fact that unemployment is sky high, and couple that with the reforms and pay cuts,etc they are going thru. Hopefully they have been reading some of my writings online and have prepared for this kind of problem. Has anyone thought to prepare for the coming greatest depression? You guys did see the BDI drop like a stone( http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/BDIY:IND click the one yr chart check jan 2012) right? You have been watching the manufacture reports lately correct? You do understand that car sales have been up due to "stuffing lots" right?

You do know it's world wide right?

http://www.businessinsider.com/china...p-to-80-2012-7
Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

I think it's laughable that people in this country think that only the United States is in rough shape, but a lot of those people are uninformed, and don't really care and only hear bits and pieces. And what news do they hear? Local news, as most people do not care about worldwide affairs unfortunately.

From the last link - " low-cost bank loans and other government aid highlight the challenges for the authoritarian country's leaders who are trying to pull China out of its deepest slowdown since the 2008 crisis"

The 2008 situation was a "crisis"? That's news to me.

"Beijing has cut interest rates twice since the start of June and is pumping money into the economy through spending on building low-cost housing and other public works. It is trying to use targeted measures instead of flooding the economy with money after a binge of spending and bank lending that helped China rebound quickly from the 2008 crisis fueled inflation and a wasteful building boom."

I would imagine they are talking about the building of ghost cities in China?



Like the reverse of Detroit. The buildings will be obsolete before they get used. Their development is fake.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:43 AM #8
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
As far as Spain goes - I wonder how likely it is that they could develop into chaos like Greece has over the past year. They seem to be in the ruts, but I don't know how bad it truly is for them. So if one had to rank the countries in Europe, would it be safe to say that Germany, Scandinavia and England are two of the countries doing the best, and Spain, Italy and Greece doing the worst?

I haven't honestly looked at a ranking of Europe to see who is near the top, and who is near the bottom.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 PM #9
yesme
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I would say your about right on the worst. Spain is not far off from the boiling point, i read something the other day that says a lot of families are piggybacking their existence off other working families. That can only last so long, and with more cuts coming, lower pmi scores, it looks bad for Spain.

But do not count Italy out, i just heard they have around 10 cities that are close to broke, let me see if i can find it....

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...-of-crash.html

Also this....

Schools May Not Reopen After Summer Break

Please note that Italian provinces warn cuts may close schools
Piero Lacorazza, president of the province of Potenza in southern Italy, said the comment was "not an exaggeration", adding that "half of the provinces are in serious financial difficulty".
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8I900U20120723
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 PM #10
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesme View Post

Also this....

Schools May Not Reopen After Summer Break

Please note that Italian provinces warn cuts may close schools
Piero Lacorazza, president of the province of Potenza in southern Italy, said the comment was "not an exaggeration", adding that "half of the provinces are in serious financial difficulty".
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8I900U20120723
This one baffles me. How could a country actually (apparently) value some other things over education of their children? I mean there must be some things they are opting to fund over schools that are of less importance, unless they're funding police and fire dept and that is all. The article was vague (the nature of Reuters) so I wonder if that was just a few schools closing, and those students going to other schools, or dozens of schools closing.

Do you have a newsfeed that tracks some of these happenings on some European websites or a European network or something? I wonder how likely it is we could see another European wave of immigrants to the United States 100 years later. Should put Ellis Island on notice. I guess England is in the clear, using the pound and not the Euro. Or so it seems.

Edit:

Graph with unemployment, debt, etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13359367

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18287476

Good summary (I think) of the problem. Seems to highlight the problems in Spain and Greece in particular, with Italy and Ireland behind them. I'm not sure why Ireland is struggling so mightily, perhaps England has their thumb on them too much. I will have to see how the Europ being a nearly universal currency across Europe affects all the countries if one country opts out from using the Europ, or how some countries collapsing affects others. I would think similar to states in the United States struggling since out currently is obviously interlinked.

I have to wonder how much the muslims invasion feeds into this problem. It may not affect the financial decisions directly, but less "measurable" things such as citizen morale, happiness and whatnot can affect how politicians make decisions, which affect the economy.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American

Last edited by Tuff : 07-24-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:26 PM #11
yesme
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Just found this on the uk...

It marks the third successive quarter of contraction, leaving Britain in its longest double-dip recession in more than 50 years.

Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...qTKuhTyDjOi.99
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:34 AM #12
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
austerity now, austerity forever.
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump