Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-23-2012, 10:08 AM #22
I feel purple

Great event! A big thanks to all refs this weekend, and especially to those refs that volunteered to step in during Saturday's finals!
I feel purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 AM #23
gnarkill8566
P.G.O.D

gnarkill8566 plays in the APPA D5 division
gnarkill8566 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gnarkill8566 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
gnarkill8566 is attending Decay of Nations VI
you can thank me for the hook up with that food thats my aunts mom =D

P.G.O.D
gnarkill8566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:16 AM #24
pepformance
Pepper

pepformance plays in the PSP
pepformance donated to help Peyton Trent
pepformance posts videos on PbNation
pepformance plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarkill8566 View Post

P.G.O.D
You are welcome at any event my friend
pepformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:30 AM #25
pookie12
PG is what made ME

pookie12 plays in the PSP
pookie12 plays in the APPA D3 division
pookie12 supports DLX Technology
I have been saying this from day 1, but this will probably fall on deaf ears this time as well..... We need a perminant reffing crew that doesnt play the series. Tired of getting blatant wrong calls all day long...

P.s. whoever the lady was that ran the appa and made the final decision in the Asylum/PG game..... It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you never came to another MSXL event again...... You really dropped the ball on that match..... If you would like me to walk you through the correct call I will gladly do so.... This series is turning into a joke!
Xavier McCurry fan #2
Killing Fields Pb Media

2008 C.T.S. Series runner-up - 2009 S.E.P.S. Series Champion - 2010 MSXL Series Champion - 2011 MSXL Series Champion - 2012 MSXL Series Champion
pookie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:57 AM #26
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarkill8566 View Post

P.G.O.D
OH MY GOD THEY WERE RELATED TO OUR ONLY BLACK KID!
Josh Pookie Powell Fan #1
PG RISE FOREVER
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 AM #27
Tapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie12
I have been saying this from day 1, but this will probably fall on deaf ears this time as well..... We need a perminant reffing crew that doesnt play the series. Tired of getting blatant wrong calls all day long...

P.s. whoever the lady was that ran the appa and made the final decision in the Asylum/PG game..... It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you never came to another MSXL event again...... You really dropped the ball on that match..... If you would like me to walk you through the correct call I will gladly do so.... This series is turning into a joke!
Nice Pookie, of all the MSXL Events through the years the loudest complaints have come from events your team have reffed therefore your team refuses to ref, so you can compound the problem or step up and help improve the series if you fell your crew does a better job. Please show a little sportsmanship this is beneath you.

Yes they made a mistake, a call was made or missed, right or wrong it can't be unmade. That call in that match didn't have to ruin your day.

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net

Last edited by Tapper : 07-23-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 AM #28
gnarkill8566
P.G.O.D

gnarkill8566 plays in the APPA D5 division
gnarkill8566 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gnarkill8566 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
gnarkill8566 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor1331 View Post
OH MY GOD THEY WERE RELATED TO OUR ONLY BLACK KID!
yes sir =] if needed i got the hook up for any other event just get ahold o fme or teh PG crew. theyll know what to do.
gnarkill8566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:25 AM #29
drummerhubbard

I think this series is a awesome series trying to grow the sport and give people a "national" event without that cost. Wish there was more of these around the country and more to play.

I too was a spectator and coach. Field 2 was very inconsistent. I witnessed some horrible calls...although a few of the refs that I personally screamed at definitely stepped it up after realizing how bad their call was.

Thanks for putting this on though! All I can say is I have had horrible reffing experiences in the PSP as well...so yes this happens everywhere!
drummerhubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:25 AM #30
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Chrismeisterpmc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chrismeisterpmc plays in the APPA D4 division
It was a good event, our team Saints Army/Dirty South Killers had a blast like usual, the paint shot good and the BBQ was boss! All the teams were cool with eachother and everyone showed some sportsmanship. There was some bad calls on field 2 but that's in the past now. Tapper, the only thing I would suggest is not to have each fields buzzer go off within 2 seconds of eachother. 10 seconds within eachother would be good because I know there was a lot of teams and your trying to get the teams on/off fast as possible, other than that Tapper it was a great event and our team appreciates everything you do to try and promote the series. Thank you to the refs that stepped up and volunteered even though we had some bad calls haha, and thank you to PG for hosting the tournament, and thanks to the BBQ ladies you saved my life from starvation! See everyone at Louisville!
Chris Hale #19
Chrismeisterpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:30 AM #31
LIL LEG
Camel

LIL LEG plays in the PSP
LIL LEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LIL LEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismeisterpmc View Post
It was a good event, our team Saints Army/Dirty South Killers had a blast like usual, the paint shot good and the BBQ was boss! All the teams were cool with eachother and everyone showed some sportsmanship. There was some bad calls on field 2 but that's in the past now. Tapper, the only thing I would suggest is not to have each fields buzzer go off within 2 seconds of eachother. 10 seconds within eachother would be good because I know there was a lot of teams and your trying to get the teams on/off fast as possible, other than that Tapper it was a great event and our team appreciates everything you do to try and promote the series. Thank you to the refs that stepped up and volunteered even though we had some bad calls haha, and thank you to PG for hosting the tournament, and thanks to the BBQ ladies you saved my life from starvation! See everyone at Louisville!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:48 AM #32
Tapper

I have been assured by PSP we will be receiving additional support for 2013! #1 on our priority list is more full time PSP refs at all future events. One thing I won't be doing is trying to fly in and pay 16 full time PSP refs.

Our goal is to promote the highest quality event possible for the dollar. We will not be making any adjustments that will cost the teams a substantial increase in cost of participation.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 AM #33
I feel purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL LEG View Post
My team has fallen victim to the buzzer at PSP events just as you described, but luckily this has not happened to us at an MSXL (though i can certainly see it as a possibility). There is a thread somewhere in the PSP section where a lot of teams have submitted complaints about this same problem. One proposed solution to the problem is changing the buzzer sound on one of the fields so that the two of them are not identical. Darin, i know this doesn't happen often in the MSXL (since we only use 2 fields), but when it does, it really really sucks. Can you look into this solution for future events?
I feel purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:06 PM #34
pepformance
Pepper

pepformance plays in the PSP
pepformance donated to help Peyton Trent
pepformance posts videos on PbNation
pepformance plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by I feel purple View Post
My team has fallen victim to the buzzer at PSP events just as you described, but luckily this has not happened to us at an MSXL (though i can certainly see it as a possibility). There is a thread somewhere in the PSP section where a lot of teams have submitted complaints about this same problem. One proposed solution to the problem is changing the buzzer sound on one of the fields so that the two of them are not identical. Darin, i know this doesn't happen often in the MSXL (since we only use 2 fields), but when it does, it really really sucks. Can you look into this solution for future events?
You can't control the time the buzzer goes off because different games will end at different times, and the games go as such.

The different sound horns are being looked at by the PSP for the future.
pepformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 PM #35
go4broke11

I understand a bad call it happens but its seem that most of the reffing staff plain lazy.. they volunteer and what not , i get it but its not really worth it if they dont seem to care. Msxl is a great series and can pull a lot of great competitive team but has gone down hill a little.
go4broke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:25 PM #36
saints11

saints11 plays in the PSP
saints11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
saints11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saints11 plays in the APPA D2 division
had a blast, thought everyone was having fun! it was great seeing everyone and good job to the ohio team for playing great in the finals i look forward to the last one! Hope everyone enjoyed the event

PG RISE>PG UNITED>PG RISE
saints11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:32 PM #37
Tapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4broke11
I understand a bad call it happens but its seem that most of the reffing staff plain lazy.. they volunteer and what not , i get it but its not really worth it if they dont seem to care. Msxl is a great series and can pull a lot of great competitive team but has gone down hill a little.
Good constructive feedback. I agree and we are on it. Thank You

Old 07-23-2012, 01:08 PM #38
wangchow21
Zach Holmes #1 Fan

wangchow21 plays in the APPA D5 division
the refs sucked, its paintball, deal with it
wangchow21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:11 PM #39
DBrim

DBrim is a Professional paintball player
DBrim plays in the PSP
Only problem I encountered was paint getting past the nets. If spectators are getting hit with paint hard enough for it to break then obviously something is wrong lol

PaintballPlex|TradeMyGun
G.I. Sportz
Planet Eclipse
Raza
DBrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:24 PM #40
m3th0d
Zach ZeGo Greenwood

m3th0d plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapper View Post
The MSXL is proud to announce the 2012 Season Schedule. We continue our tradition of improving each year "this season we are taking a giant leap forward with a full time PSP Certified Ref Staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapper View Post
Yes they made a mistake, a call was made or missed, right or wrong it can't be unmade. That call in that match didn't have to ruin your day.
I know there were a lot of folks on Sunday asking why teams were playing all day Saturday then coming out and reffing. I know it sucks to be out there, but just because they choose to play Saturday then ref Sunday really hurts the quality of the over all series. I realize the MSXL is about trying to save the players money and give us a cost efficent event compared to a national event. Lets be honest though field two had complaints all day. They're wasn't a single match that didn't have a controversy. I realize paintball is face paced and requires quick calls, but what I dont agree with is when we ask for explinations on calls being told nothing, but to shut up. I had a ref tell me shut up that he knew what he was doing when I asked about a call. I know there was some crazyness that happened on the Asylum/PG game, and I know for a fact that at one point there was an eliminated player walking across the back line then he got in the corner shooting his gun with his hand above his head shooting the gun the entire time. They did what they wanted because no one cared enough to do anything about it. The same refs are the same problems every event and nothing is done to change it. Again I was told that a player cannot advance to his bunker and ask for a paint check. I was told BY YOUR REF that the player should have stopped where he was and waited. Last time I checked I aint laying down in the open to get my wig split. Overall though field 1 was quality the event was fun, but the same issues will continue to plague the MSXL as always.

Last edited by m3th0d : 07-23-2012 at 02:29 PM.
m3th0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:32 PM #41
impdaddy

impdaddy plays in the PSP
impdaddy plays in the APPA D4 division
the gi paint smelled like propane i thought there was a natural gas leak by the field. I was the ref on the 5 man field snake corner if you would like to pick my brain pm me.
impdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:36 PM #42
MILF HUNTER

Fun tournament, was my first time playing MSXL and I look forward to coming to more in the future. Good competition and solid league. The red haired girl sitting outside of the mesh running score clocks etc, needs to have a little bit more professionalism. You couldn't even reason with her without getting some childish attitude. Had a great time none the less.

Effect player.
MILF HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote