PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-20-2012, 09:51 AM #1
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Detroit: The worst city/place on the planet?

It's no real secret that Detroit is in awful condition, primarily because it's been completely abandon. Formerly nearly 2 million people, Detroit is now hovering barely above the 700,000 mark. Many of he problems in Detroit are thought to of begun in the 60's. What happened in the 60's?

Here's a guy who made a video talking about the serious overly liberal government in Detroit, leading to it's downfall.

PRetty powerful video, if nothing more than for the eye candy and make you realize "Wow, this is America?" I like how Crowder walks into a home to show an abandon hoome, little after the 8 min mark and sees ingredients to make meth, and recent food wrappers and realizes someone lives there. Wild dogs all over the place, even bears walking around the city? Wow

So who is to blame? Liberals? Unions? Blacks? Conservatives? Drugs?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2012, 09:52 AM #2
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

This 2nd video is shorter, but the part where the guy mentions he is in city center and those skyscrapers are all abandon - damn.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:15 AM #3
Swerve22

Place sucks, so do it's crony liberal leaders.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 AM #4
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

It's the automotive equivalent of a gold rush town after all the gold is gone or belonging to the limited few. If you wanted to source a blame, find why the jobs left and why those specific ones went away. Not enough domestic support, too much and then a waning?
Volucris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:18 AM #5
Murph1329

ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:38 AM #6
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Yeah Cleveland isn't nearly as bad, but that video was amusing.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 AM #7
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Detroit, typical example of where liberalism gets a city...

But, hey, I remember some guy saying "we are the ones we've been waiting for".
so maybe Obama can fix it.

What?

He has been in office for an entire term and controlled all of the government for two years at the start?

Hmm... Maybe it takes time for liberalism to NOT fail?

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 AM #8
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
Baltimore by a landslide
Old 07-20-2012, 10:57 AM #9
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Always funny to see people blame a generalized group of individuals rather than blame the source of the actual problems: specific policies.

LIBERALS DID IT!
REPUBLICANS DID IT!

No... Their policies did. So how about discussing alternatives and solutions rather than simply pointing the figure?

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 AM #10
FreeEnterprise

Ok, Unions killed detroit.

Get rid of unions and their ability to not work for massive amounts of money and you will be doing better...

which party is pushed, and pushes unions?

Which party is attacking the airline trying to build a NON union plant?

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/10/31/...-or-shut-down/

One guess...

Old 07-20-2012, 11:35 AM #11
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Always funny to see people blame a generalized group of individuals rather than blame the source of the actual problems: specific policies.
Are you stating that a group cannot cause problems like Detroit has seen? It feels like you are indirectly (maybe even directly) implying that.

Quote:
No... Their policies did. So how about discussing alternatives and solutions rather than simply pointing the figure?
Ok fine. But policies tend to be identified with one party or the other often times. And policies can be directed by the town government, correct? Democratic/liberal leadership happens to be overly present in Detroit. If policies are to blame, as you seem to suggest, then would it be fair to blame massive entitlement programs? Does one party identify more strongly with those?

Quote:
Baltimore by a landslide
I'd have to see some evidence worse than what I have seen in Detroit. The sections of Baltimore I saw were not nearly as bad as Detroit's worst, possibly even Detroit's best. Google "Detroit" and "Baltimore" and see total opposite actually.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:35 AM #12
LOL Renegade

Drugs, in my opinion.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:56 AM #13
Riley Coyote
It's bad for the sport.

Riley Coyote has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Riley Coyote has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
Baltimore by a landslide
Baltimore isn't a wonderful place, but it's not even a fraction as bad as most make it out to be. I live in rural MD and my friends are literally terrified go there for absolutely no reason other than the media hype.
Riley Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:26 PM #14
Swerve22

Quote:

LIBERALS DID IT!
REPUBLICANS DID IT!

Ok, liberal policies.

Specifically, untion love from government (republicans do it too to be fair, but to a lesser extent).

www.gunfacts.info
Old 07-20-2012, 01:20 PM #15
Treghc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Are you stating that a group cannot cause problems like Detroit has seen? It feels like you are indirectly (maybe even directly) implying that.

Ok fine. But policies tend to be identified with one party or the other often times. And policies can be directed by the town government, correct? Democratic/liberal leadership happens to be overly present in Detroit. If policies are to blame, as you seem to suggest, then would it be fair to blame massive entitlement programs? Does one party identify more strongly with those?
What I'm saying is address the policy and don't make blanket statements about general groups. There can very well be good policies derived from liberals just as there can be good policies from republicans. Rather than seeking to polarize for the sake of sensationalism, it's much more productive to identify exactly which policies and which parts of those policies are at fault. That should be the discussion. Strip away the names; it's useless rhetoric. Instead, focus on the details to see exactly which changes need to be made to improve the situation.

Focusing on who to blame doesn't resolve the situation. It just leads to endless argumentation that gets nowhere until someone finally focuses on the changes that need to be made.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 07-20-2012, 01:29 PM #16
Swerve22

Quote:
What I'm saying is address the policy and don't make blanket statements about general groups. There can very well be good policies derived from liberals just as there can be good policies from republicans. Rather than seeking to polarize for the sake of sensationalism, it's much more productive to identify exactly which policies and which parts of those policies are at fault. That should be the discussion. Strip away the names; it's useless rhetoric. Instead, focus on the details to see exactly which changes need to be made to improve the situation.

Focusing on who to blame doesn't resolve the situation. It just leads to endless argumentation that gets nowhere until someone finally focuses on the changes that need to be made.
Ruse to take blame from liberals for an enormous amount of failed policies based on an ignornat, hypocritical, and self destructive worldview that is modern liberalism.

A broken clocks right twice a day, so sure liberals can have a good idea from time to time but that's the exception not the rule. Liberals and liberal minded republicans have been progressively (pun intended) destroying this country for decades and when it comes to a head they just blame others for it and continue to march on like good little soldiers. If you don't see it it just means you don't see the big picture yet.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 07-20-2012, 01:36 PM #17
FreeEnterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Ruse to take blame from liberals for an enormous amount of failed policies based on an ignornat, hypocritical, and self destructive worldview that is modern liberalism.

A broken clocks right twice a day, so sure liberals can have a good idea from time to time but that's the exception not the rule. Liberals and liberal minded republicans have been progressively (pun intended) destroying this country for decades and when it comes to a head they just blame others for it and continue to march on like good little soldiers. If you don't see it it just means you don't see the big picture yet.
Exactly...

Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM #18
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

A neo-con imperialist lecturing on the destructive worldview of modern liberalism. How quaint.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:55 PM #19
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post

A neo-con imperialist lecturing on the destructive worldview of modern liberalism. How quaint.
I'm a neocon imperialist? News to me.

Tell me, what's a neocon exactly?

And yes, self destructive modern liberalism is the biggest problem facing the western world currently regardless of whether or not you try to make light of the fact.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 07-20-2012, 02:00 PM #20
Treghc

Quote:

No, no, no... You're assuming these people are the problem when it is, in fact, the policies set in place. So stop pointing the finger like a kid. Be an intelligent adult and address what changes need to be made in policies in order to make things better. Bickering about who's to blame does NOTHING for anyone. It's an utter waste of time. If you want to make a case for your point of view, how about discussing how your policy stances are superior? I guarantee you there are conservative policies that have had very ill effects on the American people as well. It's not a simple dichotomy of one "party" is right and the other "party" is wrong. The best and most honest approach to take is to simply identify what policy changes need to be made. Simple as that. Or can you possibly conjure up an argument that shows positive action resulting from the blame of others compared to the intricate detailing and overview of policy change?

Blaming someone else is what a child does.

Figuring out and solving the problem is what an adult does.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 07-20-2012, 02:02 PM #21
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
lol you're actually arguing that people who make bad policies aren't to blame for them?

maybe you should stick to religion/philosophy....