Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 08-24-2012, 01:50 AM #274
MicHauŠ¹²
I Do My Own Stunts

MicHauŠ¹² owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
these look cheap as hell, i bet they break easy

Mainepb.com
"Originally posted by DYE=cool: One time, me and my friends used marijuana needles, to make a long story short my penis fell off."

People that say agg need to die in a fire
MicHauŠ¹² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2012, 05:23 AM #275
bcusitsjeff

dont knock it till you try it...

the plastic is very sturdy on these
Old 08-26-2012, 04:26 PM #276
frost1235
Terminal Lance

frost1235 plays in the PSP
frost1235 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frost1235 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
frost1235 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicHauŠ¹² View Post
these look cheap as hell, i bet they break easy
I'll meet you up at bolp, and show it off.

Thanks for the love!
frost1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:59 AM #277
sal briguglio

sal briguglio is a Supporting Member
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends III
sal briguglio is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal briguglio View Post
We have our annual OSC pump gun tournament this weekend at our field. As an extra added feature we will select two All-Star teams to play the 1st ever 10 man Splatmaster tournament on Sunday!
So we had our 10 man tournament on Sunday. Well, we only had one game because very soon after the game horn sounded EVERYBODY started shooting everybody, even the people on their own team!!!

It turned into a melee with everyone running around shooting each other. Why? Most of the players said it was just because it was too much fun to take very seriously.

A side note: A mother, who had been watching our OSC tournament all weekend with her young son, asked if they could play in our Splatmaster tournament. She said her son was afraid to play regular paintball because he thought it would hurt too much and she wanted him to try Splatmaster.We agreed, and after the game she said she was definitely booking a private party with Splatmasters.
Proud member of the Master Blasters Traveling Road Show
Proud Supporter of DAN COLBY.
sal briguglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:17 AM #278
snoograss

snoograss is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
snoograss has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
snoograss supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal briguglio View Post
So we had our 10 man tournament on Sunday. Well, we only had one game because very soon after the game horn sounded EVERYBODY started shooting everybody, even the people on their own team!!!

It turned into a melee with everyone running around shooting each other. Why? Most of the players said it was just because it was too much fun to take very seriously.

A side note: A mother, who had been watching our OSC tournament all weekend with her young son, asked if they could play in our Splatmaster tournament. She said her son was afraid to play regular paintball because he thought it would hurt too much and she wanted him to try Splatmaster.We agreed, and after the game she said she was definitely booking a private party with Splatmasters.

The same thing happened this weekend, after me and the rest of the refs were done for the day we took the splatmasters out with the shooting tree, and before too long we were all running around the airball field with not a single bunker on the field just shooting each other lol
snoograss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 AM #279
keiren23
Axe + Cash

Annual Supporting Member
keiren23 is playing at Living Legends VII
keiren23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
keiren23 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
keiren23 supports Team VICIOUS
keiren23 is for the Gunfight
keiren23 supports DLX Technology
keiren23 supports Empire
Perfect for first time players
keiren23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:07 PM #280
NYEric

I shot one yesterday at Top Gun Paintball and in 16 years playing at national level I can say I haven't shot anything as cool. Kind of like airsoft but better! These would be so cool for indoor phantom CQC games! Props to JT and Rich Telford.

Last edited by NYEric : 08-27-2012 at 03:22 PM.
NYEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:33 AM #281
sal briguglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEric View Post
I shot one yesterday at Top Gun Paintball and in 16 years playing at national level I can say I haven't shot anything as cool. Kind of like airsoft but better! These would be so cool for indoor phantom CQC games! Props to JT and Rich Telford.
This is an example of what I said earlier. I really don't think JT expected this kind of response from seasoned players when they developed the Splatmaster line. It just reinforces my believe that paintball players, at all levels, are just kids no matter how old they get. I am 70 and I love these things.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:13 AM #282
Paintballer-pro-55 (Banned)

Paintballer-pro-55 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Im just curious does it take co2 or is it spring?
Paintballer-pro-55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 AM #283
XSVPaint

Annual Supporting Member
XSVPaint is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer-pro-55 View Post
It works from a spring

Join XSV on Facebook - www.Facebook.com/XSVPaintball

Get JT FX 2.0 Gear HERE
XSVPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:57 AM #284
sal briguglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer-pro-55 View Post
No. It has no air cylinder attached to it. The spring propels the ball. When I first saw these my immediate reaction was WOW! no heavy tank for young players. This is a common problem for younger, smaller players.

I am a field owner and the Splatmaster provides a light-weight alternative to the normal heavy rental gun for groups of younger people AND we won't have to fill air between games.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:10 AM #285
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
These .50 caliber guns have been in testing at some of the major paintball fields across the country and they are now hitting the stores.

No face protection?
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 AM #286
CreightonBaller
JFSF - Omaha VICIOUS

Annual Supporting Member
CreightonBaller is a Supporting Member
CreightonBaller supports Team VICIOUS
CreightonBaller is All In
You need to purchase the Optix goggle for target shooting games, and they recommend you purchase the upgrade kit that includes face and ear protection for player versus player games.

Empire * DSSP8ntball.com * Axe * SuperFreak * eFlex * EVIL * Mad Cow Paintball *

"I'm not a sellout, I wouldn't degrade myself to that. They met my asking price."

"Freedom of expression just means you can't be prosecuted. Having a comment deleted on a forum is different. It means they've seen your tirade, they don't care for it, they don't care for you, and they're showing you the door."
CreightonBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:27 AM #287
Kazer

Kazer supports DLX Technology
I challenged Nicky Cuba to a game on the splatmaster course in DC. I got destroyed but had a great time. These things are really tough for being plastic, but shoot straight. As far as welts/pain goes I had him shoot me from about 3 inches away with the shotgun and it didn't sting at all and the red mark was gone the same day. I would say the impact is something like if someone flicks you or hits you with a small rubber band from a couple feet away.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:56 AM #288
MaxMagnum

MaxMagnum is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
I didn't read the entire thread, however we sold these ThunderSplat .50 cal. Shotguns a couple years ago at our stores.
http://www.hobbytron.com/SplatmaticThunderSplat50CalPistolGripPaintballShot gun.html?AID=10479651&PID=1609763&SID=tfc_-_13_48_120830_a3076e59460751d31a92b2d396a07141%3A0 000

Max Magnum

www.ExoticSportz.com
www.HellSurvivors.com
MaxMagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM #289
T_Troll

T_Troll is a Supporting Member
T_Troll is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoograss View Post
The same thing happened this weekend, after me and the rest of the refs were done for the day we took the splatmasters out with the shooting tree, and before too long we were all running around the airball field with not a single bunker on the field just shooting each other lol
Yes we did the same thing after practice last week. We set p teams with XSV players and local kids. That lasted about 1 min then it was a battle everyone blasting everyone, giggling like little school kids. Seriously Jt Splat Master is fun for all ages, gender, and it dose not matter how long you have been playing!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thoma...88?ref=tn_tnmn
I am now offering personal and team training online as well as field breakdowns/game plans/drills. http://positivechangeusa.com/paintball/
T_Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:35 AM #290
sal briguglio

We had our first kid's birthday party a couple of weeks ago. There were 10 kids and 4 adults. The kids, the fathers AND the mothers had a great time.

While we have had parents play in our birthday parties before (with 68 caliber), this was one of the very few times the mothers really enjoyed themselves. There were a few young girls in the party and they too had a great time.

My son created a website exclusively for Splatmaster parties. Look up splatmasterstl.com; there are photos of our first party. FYI...the mother of the birthday boy made T-shirts for each player; everyone wore the Splatmaster vests under their T-shirt. The Splatmaster vests are more dense than our regular vests and they help make the experience much better.

I am sure this was the first of many more parties.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:41 AM #291
nerdcore
Radical!

nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
It's official - no Wal-Mart in Nashville, TN carries Splatmaster stuff... or any paintball stuff, period. Kinda sad, but i don't like Wal-Mart, anyway, so even less reasons to go there.

JT needs to get this stuff out to other stores, i really hate to order stuff.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 PM #292
L3GIT Meyham

I finally found these in alabama, we are the last to get anything.
I got my two boys the shotguns and they are awesome. They shoot way better than i thought they would. I had the barrel way up expecting drop about 40' away and it went right over my target, they shoot great. My boys ask me every day if we can play paintball. Jt thanks so much for getting the younger guys on the field. I hope this keeps paintball around much longer for future generations to enjoy.
L3GIT Meyham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:22 AM #293
Yeti6669
www.YetiPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
The splatmaster has created a desire in the younger generation to play paintball because it doesn't hurt and it can be played almost anywhere. They have also brought new people to my shop that wouldn't normally be interested in paintball. Thanks JT.
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.