Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:08 AM #64
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepurplered View Post
i have a 98

seriously, people ****ing suck at driving here. everyone here says PA and NY drivers are bad, but NJ drivers are ****ing trash
Rhode Island.

/trumpcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
100k a year would be fine for me too, I think. Should be enough for a decent house, nice car and some spending money as well.
Yup. I don't think I'd like the attention I'd end up getting if I had more money. I would never want to live the "flashy" life and ****. Even if I was rich, people probably wouldn't know it until they got into my house, or got a ride in one of my cars.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM #65
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
what's the flashy life?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM #66
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
If my boss or any of these execs are pulling over $200k they sure hide it well. Or invest well in their retirement.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:12 AM #67
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
If my boss or any of these execs are pulling over $200k they sure hide it well. Or invest well in their retirement.
you work at merril lynch, right? I'd be surprised if there weren't people there pulling at least 200k easy. they probably just don't want everyone knowing, and I'd be the same way.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 AM #68
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Also, 200k isn't that much when one takes into account raising children, mortgage, taxes, and other living expenses.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 AM #69
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

its still a pretty good living.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 07-19-2012, 09:17 AM #70
do i know u?
wow!

Thats a pretty high standard then. My parents did alright making less than I do now.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:17 AM #71
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Yeah I feel they are the same. Plus I'm sure they all live in very large houses and actually pay to put their children through school. I really fail to see the point of an overly extravagent house. Expecially when the only two people living there will be Jenny and I.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 AM #72
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

how you spend and manage your money makes a huge difference. especially when you're making something like 100k where you have some flexibility.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 AM #73
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by do i know u? View Post
Thats a pretty high standard then. My parents did alright making less than I do now.
Yeah same with mine. Their only problem is they had no money saved for our college's and no money set aside for retirement. They also never went to college and just busted their ***** all their lives. I do not want to go down the same path.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM #74
bluepurplered
completely 100% serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
Rhode Island.
i've never been to rhode island, but jersey, maryland, and delaware drivers might win the 'worst drivers' title
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM #75
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
Yeah I feel they are the same. Plus I'm sure they all live in very large houses and actually pay to put their children through school. I really fail to see the point of an overly extravagent house. Expecially when the only two people living there will be Jenny and I.
could have lots of nice things you never see. friend's boss drives f350 to work. fleet of pcars and fcars in the garage. if I ever had an fcar I'd never drive it to work.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 07-19-2012, 09:21 AM #76
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
its still a pretty good living.
Absolutely. I was just making the point that people who make 200k a year are generally not the ones rolling around in S63s then parking them in a massive 5 car garage.
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Old 07-19-2012, 09:21 AM #77
cynicalrider
robert paulson

True. Generally the flashiest I've seen at work was a Maserati. Everyone else drives expesive cars that just aren't flashy like 5's 7's S'classes and A6's.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM #78
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
sup
Old 07-19-2012, 09:23 AM #79
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Moneytalk.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:25 AM #80
FrolessWonder
RISE OR DIE TRYING

FrolessWonder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
sup new gdt
Old 07-19-2012, 09:25 AM #81
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem

I'd say my #1 goal is to make enough money to live comfortably and give my kids a very comfortable life. Also, I'd love to have a nice house and nice cars but that definitely comes after I take care of everything else. I know I appreciate all that my parents have done for me and I want to do the same for my own someday.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 AM #82
cynicalrider
robert paulson

My main goal is to pay off my debt, acquire house with no mortgage. After that it's travel.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:28 AM #83
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Ferraris. Lots of them.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 AM #84
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnekdude View Post
Also, 200k isn't that much when one takes into account raising children, mortgage, taxes, and other living expenses.
At 200k you're still probably taking home 10-15k a month net. That's notbadobama.jpg

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Closed Thread