PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-18-2012, 12:52 PM #1
pballernyc
BaLaDuKeS

has been a member for 10 years
how to properly maintain Eblade 2 cocker..the right way??

Hi, I just recently got my hands on an E2 electro cocker as a backup / mess around gun that hasn't been fired in a long while. My question is, how should I actually maintain it correctly, like which grease should I use and on what parts exactly?

I've searched and read multiple threads; however there seems to be an ongoing disagreement as to which type of grease / oil I should actually be using on an E2 electro cocker. Some threads say drop 1 oil into ASA, while other's say dont. I also read somewhere to only use DOW33 on everything, without any oil, etc. So my question is...which should I actually be listening to and how should I keep the cocker rightfully maintained?

P.S. My first electro cocker ever owned...currently / previously owned G6R's, Ego's, etc, so i'm new here
pballernyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2012, 01:48 PM #2
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VII
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
Usually people put a few drops of oil into the asa and cycle the marker a few times to get the oil through the system. Mostly I just use oil for the ram and bolt o-rings. I'd use DOW 33 on the solenoid gasket, solenoid spool, and orings located in the regs.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:53 PM #3
pballernyc
BaLaDuKeS

thanks for the info PeaTear. Wanted to make sure I could run some good ol' regular gold cup oil through ASA and what not. I read in another thread that it may be bad for noid, so just wanted to guage other peoples opinions...thanks again
Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 PM #4
hmcl281

what the guy above you sound good. you usually will only have issue when something comes lose or trying to take it apart .
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:34 AM #5
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

oil in the asa works great, and its whats suggested in the manual. if you dont have any paintball branded oil you can use 3-in-1 or air tool oil...also recommended in the manual lol.

a couple drops every 5 cases or so is usually plenty, and keeps all the pneu's, valve, and bolt with a little oil on them.

youll only need dow33 on the gasket, and thats one of those parts that "as long as its not leaking dont touch it" kind of things since they can be a pain to get seated sometimes. but thats also something you will only have to worry about if the gun has sat around for years and dried up.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:48 PM #6
pballernyc
BaLaDuKeS

awesome, thanks for the info and confirmation guys. Hopefully won't have any issues with the electronics or anything, since it hasn't been shot in a while..but should be good to go. Thanks again