SoProTheyGoWHOA
Sneaky Beaver

SoProTheyGoWHOA is an NCPA player
SoProTheyGoWHOA plays in the APPA D4 division
SoProTheyGoWHOA has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SoProTheyGoWHOA has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Starting from Scratch and would like some feedback

Hello Nation,

So I just started getting really serious about the gym and a healthy lifestyle. I don't really have any set goals but I just wanted to better my body and get the so conveted gains.

I'm a 21 year old community college student that works part time at a sporting goods store. I'm starting out at 5'9, 140lb, and about 12% body fat. People typically look at me and associate me with a runner which I used to be.

I've started a 4 day a week, 16 week lifting program that starts off at lower weight and more reps per set. It then increases weight and the amount of reps per set decrease. Would be more than happy to email this anyone interested in seeing it.

I've also been eating much more clean. Before hand fast food used to be a common part of my diet because it was easy with classes and school. I'm two weeks into prepping my food. I do it twice a week and it is mostly chicken breast, brown rice, sweet potatos, mixed veggie, and avocado. I do eat some dinners at home because my mom cooks and its almost always a balanced healthy meal. I'm getting about 2500 calories per day and 200 grams of protein.

For supplements I am taking GNC protein (post), two scopes having 60 grams of protein, creatine pills bought at walmart, just started cellucor BCAA's (during/post), and for preworkout I'm taking C4 more often than not. I'm also taking six star creatine pills found at walmart and drinking a gallon per day.

Basically I'm looking for any feedback. Good, bad or ugly. If you all have any question feel free to ask!

I'm also looking to find better deals on the supplements I currently take or rival ones at a better price. I'm either at walmart or GNC currently for mine. I looked at the deals on supplements thread but those deals are pretty dated.

Thanks for reading!

PS by no means am I looking for a short cut or anything. Just trying to help tweak this lifestyle change if its needed
SoProTheyGoWHOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2015, 07:11 PM #2
Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Sounds like you've got the basics figured out. Not sure if you're doing a plan or just freestyling but look for a good beginner plan, Starting Strength, 5x5, etc. As long as you're adding weight or reps every session though you'll be fine.

I'd get creatine in bulk powder (usually cheaper than caps) and get rid of the c4 and just get some caffeine pills. BCAAs are also usually pretty easy to find in bulk for fairly cheap.

Feel free to add some variety to your meals. You sound like you're already a lean dude, don't kill yourself trying to eat super clean.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:38 AM #3
SoProTheyGoWHOA
Sneaky Beaver

SoProTheyGoWHOA is an NCPA player
SoProTheyGoWHOA plays in the APPA D4 division
SoProTheyGoWHOA has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SoProTheyGoWHOA has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Sounds like you've got the basics figured out. Not sure if you're doing a plan or just freestyling but look for a good beginner plan, Starting Strength, 5x5, etc. As long as you're adding weight or reps every session though you'll be fine.

I'd get creatine in bulk powder (usually cheaper than caps) and get rid of the c4 and just get some caffeine pills. BCAAs are also usually pretty easy to find in bulk for fairly cheap.

Feel free to add some variety to your meals. You sound like you're already a lean dude, don't kill yourself trying to eat super clean.
I'm doing a 16 week plan that will end at doing 4x4. Currently I'm in the 3x12 stage and adding weight. Its mostly about getting form for lifts for now.

The only reason I'm not taking creatine powder is because I prefer how easy the pills are and less liquid in my stomach after workouts so I can eat more.

I'll try to add some stuff to my regular meals. I am pretty lean so I'm kinda looking for that happy medium on eating clean

Thanks for the input Barber!
SoProTheyGoWHOA is offline   Reply With Quote