Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2012, 09:39 PM #1
Nixon_b23

a few questions about a mongoose 2

Hello! I found a BA lookin paintball gun at a local pawn shop and I was snooping around here and found out that it is a diablo mongoose 2 in red/black. the guy said 35 bucks takes it. should I buy it? I'm already leanin towards gettin it and if i do what should i do to make it kick total ***? Any help is appreciated
Nixon_b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2012, 12:16 PM #2
PumpStalker

PumpStalker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PumpStalker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Mongoose is basically a blowback marker with an E-frame on it. They were around in the early 2000's and faded out. They're the same design as the Spyder, Icon, Piranha, etc. Did you ask the guy at the shop to air it up and show you that it fires properly?

Even if you get the marker for $35, you're still going to need a tank, hopper and mask to play. Does it come with any of those?

If you go to the B/S/T section on this website you can find people selling gun packages and used equipment (newer than the Mongoose) for close to the same price.

Play Pump. ಠ_ಠ

"Originally posted by wowzerz: Point is, no matter who wins the argument, it doesn't really matter."
PumpStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:12 PM #3
Nixon_b23

Well im no noob to this sport and already have some equipment. Also I have bought used guns before so I brought a tank with me. It aired up and shot fine. Also I stripped it right there in the shop. The only problems with it were that im missing the shim that goes in the end of the spring, and being that it's a spyder clone I'll get a shocktech shim kit. Also the stock spring sux so I'll try and find a shocktech spring kit as well. Does any company make a spyder pump kit that I could put on this beast?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:18 PM #4
Nixon_b23

So I actually came across a mongoose tune up kit. My friend bought a bunch of paintball stuff when our nearest field closed and he ended up with 3. Now I have 3 I'll probably still get a shocktech kit too.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 AM #5
TS4life

Mongoose II was my first marker and loved it at first due to the fact it was something of my own... But it gave me so many problems it's probably the reason I know what all parts of a gun are called now lol. I bought it new 7 years ago I think and was $200 ... For $35 I'd rather upgrade on another gun I have.
BL Insight http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4268897
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 PM #6
Holdyohorsechrisreev
Good is a point of view

By the look of your avatar, I'd say you got it?
Holdyohorsechrisreev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:48 PM #7
Holdyohorsechrisreev
Good is a point of view

If not you missed out
Holdyohorsechrisreev is offline   Reply With Quote