Off_Constantly supports Team VICIOUS
Off_Constantly is for the Gunfight

(")_(")
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2012, 06:35 AM #989
dpkidsrocks2

has been a member for 10 years
VA-Total_Science_Presents_Tuned_in_2-(CIAUKCD001D)

01. Total Science & S.P.Y Ft Kevin King - Past Lives (Lenzman Remix)
02. Break - Slipstream
03. Calibre - Clipper Man
04. 8 Bits & Q Project - Low End Theory
05. Riya Ft Zero T - Stolen Moments
06. Fracture - The Breaks
07. Spirit - Dream Demon
08. Proktah - Trust
09. Detail Duo & Dysphory - Ghost
10. Quadrant - Scandal
11. Total Science - Going In Circles (Break Remix)
12. FD - Sometimes
13. Total Science & S.P.Y - Whoonga
14. Total Science Ft Riya - Cold Blood

"Review & info :

Total Science presents the follow up the now classic seminal compilation album that encapsulated their vision of d&b way back in 2001 “Tuned-in” , it included the cream of the crop & the bright new stars of that era & now after over 10 years they’ve decided the time is right to do it again, piecing together a selection of their favourite artist new to legendary & tracks that define the CIA sound, label and their definition of d&b as they feel it now & for years to come.
“Tuned-in” featured the best of old skool new skool & unheard artists & thats the theory behind this album too, Calibre & Spirit even appeared on the first incarnation, “Tuned in 2″ features once again the cream of the crop & bright new stars of the future , Are you Tuned in ?""

Also, out on med school now.

all these medschool vids are ****in sick

Last edited by dpkidsrocks2 : 11-20-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 AM #990
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member

Kid is tooooo sick
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 AM #991
dpkidsrocks2

http://www.djbooth.net/index/dj-equi...-usb-turntable

looks like a great deal if you ask me. I might consider selling my CDJ's and getting a pair of those + a traktor or serato box

edit:

Last edited by dpkidsrocks2 : 11-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 PM #992
Blunt Force Kid

Blunt Force Kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blunt Force Kid has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Blunt Force Kid has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Blunt Force Kid has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nUi-fdc5x8

GOLD.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:36 AM #993
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 11-22-2012, 06:29 PM #994
Off_Constantly

Off_Constantly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Off_Constantly supports Team VICIOUS
Off_Constantly is for the Gunfight
(")_(")
Old 11-22-2012, 10:37 PM #995
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Old 11-23-2012, 01:08 AM #996
za1e
the fresh prince

so up til now the only trap I've heard has been ****, then I heard this dude. despite his name thats so bad I'm kind of ashamed to admit I like it, I still dig this dudes tracks. I heard it's one of the guys from Evol Intent, which is why I decided to check it out, having mad respect for dnb heads. anyways here it is.

I'm really surprised so many DnB producers are doing this trap **** these days. well not really surprised, since the amount of time that goes into these tracks is probably a very small fraction of what it takes to make technical bangers like Street Knowledge and the like, and I'm sure they sell a lot more.

kind of makes me sad, well respected DnB producers are resorting to watered down pseudo hip hop ****. makes me wonder who's gonna be making Dnb in a couple years, I hope it's not all pop style chase and status/pendulum/new camo and krooked type ****. Spor was my favorite, now he refuses to make DnB and claims he hated doing it all along. **** man.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:30 AM #997
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom

KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons
spor's never said he hated doing it? he just released a new song as spor and has plans (Eventually) for an album..

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

Old 11-23-2012, 08:31 AM #998
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Spor is back, he just took a break.

And Bro Safari is a ****ing boss, why do you care what his name is? Why is that embarassing that he has "Bro" in his name? Funny you should bring him up, seeing him tonight at Beta.

Didn't mayhem produce dnb too before? Or am I getting him confused with someone else...

Last edited by Eternal Acacia : 11-23-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:54 AM #999
za1e
the fresh prince

Here's what gooch said about spor "Spor was what I fell in to, but Feed Me is my world". Interpret that however you want. I like some feed me tracks, some of them I love, but I get the feeling he's selling himself short with it. he has the right to make whatever kind of music he wants and I bet help do a good job regardless, but I feel like its just one example of an overall trend in dance music where people are watering down their ****.

as far as bro safari, his producing is top notch but the word bro conjures up images of a bunch of bros at a rave. there's too much negative connotations around the word bro in dance music since brostep happened. brostep itself was an example of the phenomenon I'm talking about. listen to swagga, then listen to datsiks new track evilution, and you will see why I'm disturbed by it.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:15 PM #1000
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

I wouldn't say Feed Me is watering down his ****, he's just kind of restricted himself with his own brand identity. You have a little green monster with sharp teeth putting out electro house/dubstep/110-115 that has dynamic, melodic leads, chord progressions, and bass fills with tons of timbre. He's kinda sticking to the formula/model he's created.
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Last edited by MaTtBoy-II : 11-23-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:54 PM #1001
za1e
the fresh prince

His stuff is original, but compared to levitate and tracks like that it doesn't seem like he's fully challenging himself.

I listened to his new song push me pull you or whatever and couldn't even believe it is released under spor. that song is exactly what I'm talking about. if spor did techstep style dubstep I would be able to enjoy it but that song sounds like he straight up abused the copy and paste function in his daw. by all means he should produce what he wants, but I can't say I'm not disappointed. I used to look up to him a ****load, I still do but its becoming more difficult.

I would love to hear him produce new disgusting dnb tracks, using newer technology I would love to find out what new techniques he uses to create even more technical and progressive tracks. I don't want to hear him recycle some old eng presets and make them fit in some 4/4 128 ****. his new track is beyond a disappointment
Old 11-23-2012, 07:02 PM #1002
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Are you forgetting about the other track he released? Or is this an old track he's just releasing now?

Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 PM #1003
Blunt Force Kid

Blunt Force Kid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blunt Force Kid has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Blunt Force Kid has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Blunt Force Kid has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-soQNl2V8bE

Seeing Adventure Club on Tuesday night. Also extremely stoked for Fedde Le Grand on Sunday night as well. Great start to my week haha.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:25 PM #1004
za1e
the fresh prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia View Post
Are you forgetting about the other track he released? Or is this an old track he's just releasing now?
sounds pretty new, I think it's a good track and if I didn't know spor made itI would probably dig it a little more, definitely more commercial which isn't always a bad thing. it kind of sounds like what he was trying to do with Aztec.

I'm starting to understand where he's coming from a little more. If you look back at his old tracks he collaberated a lot with names like Ewun, Evol Intent, Noisia, Phace, Bad Company and plenty other techstep/neurophunk producers. He said it's something he fell into, maybe he means that he worked with a lot of these people because it's what he had to do to get pressed, but all along he really wanted to be making more emotional music, now that he's made a name for himself he has the audience to do it. It's hard for me to come to terms with because DnB is one of the few genres that still has some integrity, and I'm watching my favorite producer completely change his style.

I really shouldn't be one to talk though, I produce so many different styles regularly so I can relate a bit. the difference is I don't have dedicated fans who look forward to new genre specific releases by me, and have done so di hard for the last decade. The people who listen to m stuff don't really care what style it is as long as it's bangin.

Idk why but I get kind of emotional about it lol, something about his music means a lot to me and although his new stuff appears to have more feeling to it, I don't feel as I felt listening to his old stuff when I hear it. When I listen to that track it's like listening to just another DnB track, dime a dozen.

it's not just spor, check out noisias new track

oh wait, I know what the problem is with that one, it's on mau5trap. I have a feeling mau5trap will do to edm what metal blade records did to death metal.

Last edited by za1e : 11-23-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 PM #1005
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt Force Kid View Post
http://woutube.com/watch?v=-soQNl2V8bE

Seeing Adventure Club on Tuesday night. Also extremely stoked for Fedde Le Grand on Sunday night as well. Great start to my week haha.
Fedde would be awesome
Old 11-23-2012, 10:13 PM #1006
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

That track is FAR from new, and was also over 4 years in production from start to finish... so yeah, it seems to me like you're LOOKING for reasons to not like a track outright, instead of appreciating it for what it is. Trying way too hard to be elitist, jeeze.

Man, that new Noisia is straight TERRIBLE, just ****ty, awful drum and bass that disgraces the genre, right?

Old 11-24-2012, 12:06 AM #1007
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom

KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons
yeah dude I feel like you're just trying too hard to ***** lol

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

Old 11-24-2012, 05:01 AM #1008
dpkidsrocks2

How dare he talk about noisia like that!! ****!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with DNB these days, it is extremely healthy. A lot of the producers do whatever they want and they do it well. I mean **** Icicle opened with a trap tune in that getdarker episode and then went on to the nastiest rollers in both 140 and 174.

And evol intent didn't stop producing DNB to produce trap. Bro safari is just one dude from evol intent (they are 3 extremely talented artists) and he first created that alias to release some of the baddest moombahton/electro being released at the time when it was just growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by za1e View Post
I'm really surprised so many DnB producers are doing this trap **** these days.
Umm the only one I know of is probably the one guy from Evol Intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by za1e View Post
makes me wonder who's gonna be making Dnb in a couple years,
Trust me when I say this, DNB is gonna be alive and thriving in a couple years just as much as it is now if not more. DNB/minimal/techno/house(not beeps and bops + kick house)/realdubstep producers are a certain breed. They don't do it for the money, it is a culture that has been around for years and they have so much damn love for the music they could care less if they make a dollar doing it. I mean **** do you see people like Icicle or anybody on shogun/metalheadz/dispatch/exit/symmetry/the list goes on forever really switching to music that is "popular"? They don't do it for the money, its 100% about the music for mostly all of them...

Last edited by dpkidsrocks2 : 11-24-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Closed Thread