Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 AM #862
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom

KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons

no spy's stuff does sound really similar honestly

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2012, 02:01 PM #863
dpkidsrocks2

has been a member for 10 years
Hes got a similar vibe in a lot of his darker stuff, but thats what hes going for and thats what everybody loves him for. Even his stuff with vocals or more uplifting stuff still has the most intensely menacing basslines I have ever heard in DNB. You guys need some bass in your ears! Headphones really doesn't do it justice. In the past 3 years I have heard so much dnb on proper systems and his basslines are ahead of the game by far

this remix is just NASTY. the second drop especially

I can see what your saying though, he does use some similar sounds in his tracks, especially this one at 1:50. Those are just his signature sounds that make him stand out, and imo are gnarly af. His dnb is music, not just boom boom ta ta

Last edited by dpkidsrocks2 : 10-31-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:35 PM #864
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom

KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons
there's not much point in arguing because when you lock in on a producer you think they're the best evar

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

Old 10-31-2012, 02:53 PM #865
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamakaziWatermelon
there's not much point in arguing because when you lock in on a producer you think they're the best evar
This is true. Objectively, the only 'best' produce is Deadmau5.
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:59 PM #866
Etam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkidsrocks2 View Post
Get a subwoofer, or go to a real show with a real system and listen to his music, I think your opinion would change.
you should really get a new insult because that one hasnt worked for the last couple years, kinda sad that you still use it. ive owned multiple subwoofers in my life and its not just about basslines that makes an artists sounds unique.
Quote:
Other than that I do not agree with you whatsoever.
Quote:
I can see what your saying though, he does use some similar sounds in his tracks
this is what you call a contradiciton.
Quote:
Those are just his signature sounds that make him stand out,
you can say the exact same thing about deadmau5, skrillex, noisia, sukh knight, kromestar, original sin, commodo, biome, icicle, spectrasoul, alix perez, seven, phaeleh, 501, joker, truth, flux pavilion, d bridge, jubei, etc...etc...

they all have a unique sound and anyone with ears can tell those artists when they listen without having to hear the artists name or song title... its why they got to where they are today and they will more than likely continue making that sound because its not only what they like, but what the fans like as well.

dont get your panties in a bunch when an artist who you feel should change their sound, doesnt.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:54 PM #867
dpkidsrocks2

Edit: deleted post I'm an idiot and thought you were saying s.p.y should change his sound.

Never reading posts on my phone again.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 PM #868
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
bdcnmaj fcnoi jf uirewfiunewfjnf RESO ALBUM LEAKED
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 PM #869
dpkidsrocks2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia View Post
bdcnmaj fcnoi jf uirewfiunewfjnf RESO ALBUM LEAKED
Orly?

Reso is the ****

And has the best basslines

In all seriousness though etam bass lines really do matter when it comes to the style and vibe of a track, a lot of which you can really only hear or actually feel on a serious system. Not all bass is the same

Last edited by dpkidsrocks2 : 10-31-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:07 PM #870
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

At least half of it has so far, but I don't post on Funkysouls so I don't know if the full thing is up or not. I don't feel bad downloading it because he already has my money for the pre order.

It's on What.cd, whole thing is leaked

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"

Last edited by Eternal Acacia : 10-31-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:55 PM #871
Etam

Quote:
In all seriousness though etam bass lines really do matter when it comes to the style and vibe of a track, a lot of which you can really only hear or actually feel on a serious system. Not all bass is the same

i never said it didnt matter, i said that songs and style arent all just bass.

its obvious you cant be proven wrong so.... heres a song that probably only sounds good on a serrriririoououuosssss system

do you think producers make music in a small studio or an arena with huge subs?

Last edited by Etam : 10-31-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 PM #872
dpkidsrocks2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etam View Post
do you think producers make music in a small studio or an arena with huge subs?
The good ones make music in a small studio but make it FOR a club/system with serious weight.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:52 PM #873
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Quote:
The good ones make music in a small studio but make it FOR a club/system with serious weight.
I was gonna post along these lines, one of the production tips that has always stuck in my mind is that your music needs to sound good everywhere. In a night club, in a car, in a room with speakers, in headphones, etc. Listening to it in as many of those setting as possible is nothing but beneficial.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:12 PM #874
dpkidsrocks2

http://soundcloud.com/jon_anderson/j...10-31-2012-140

Halloween mix, much much happier with how this one turned out, its pretty damn twisty. mixed with 2 cdjs and xone 22
Old 10-31-2012, 10:44 PM #875
Off_Constantly

Off_Constantly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Off_Constantly supports Team VICIOUS
Off_Constantly is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia View Post
I was gonna post along these lines, one of the production tips that has always stuck in my mind is that your music needs to sound good everywhere. In a night club, in a car, in a room with speakers, in headphones, etc. Listening to it in as many of those setting as possible is nothing but beneficial.
^i agree with what this person said...

Quote:
http://soundcloud.com/jon_anderson/j...10-31-2012-140

Halloween mix, much much happier with how this one turned out, its pretty damn twisty. mixed with 2 cdjs and xone 22
^also real nice track man personally i like the more crazy like everywhere dub, and like super epic beats and shh.. but its still a real nice track so

ALSO(again) i could listen to this^^ all day... and i wanna know what you guys think of it
(")_(")
Old 11-01-2012, 01:24 AM #876
Etam

Quote:
ehhhhhhh the good ones make it for like acacia is saying, tracks you can listen to anywhere.

quality equipment does make a difference though, be it headphones or a 100,000 watt system but you dont need a serious system to understand and appreciate good music/production value, thats all im saying.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:49 AM #877
dpkidsrocks2

Old 11-01-2012, 07:57 AM #878
EricS6661

Aww yiss

Old 11-01-2012, 08:49 AM #879
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Excision, Downlink, Space Laces, KJ Sawka joined forces apparently

Old 11-01-2012, 12:42 PM #880
EricS6661

Yea the first song in the Shambhala mix I posted is Destroid.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 PM #881
dpkidsrocks2

REPOST.

http://soundcloud.com/bloglin/keep-w...-xxxiv-starkey

pretty gnar mix from starkey
Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 PM #882
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Underrated like crazy

Closed Thread