PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 01:29 PM #421
BBp8ntballaLP508
☮♥♫

Yeah, definitely feeling Sly Fox as well... I think it's a pretty solid EP as a whole.

This new video from TC is sick:
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 PM #422
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooii, what a ****ing wobbler

http://soundcloud.com/laxxuk/laxx-fa...de-forthcoming
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 09-05-2012, 06:16 PM #423
Strange1130
FTW

has been a member for 10 years
Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS6661 View Post
New KOAN Sound is amazing

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 09-06-2012, 12:04 AM #424
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Probably the best trap remix yet, god DAMN Troy is a beast

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 AM #425
Etam

so what the hell exactly is trap music, just another sub-sub-sub-genre?

Old 09-06-2012, 01:33 AM #426
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

"Trap" music, as it's referred to in the electronic music world, is basically any style of dance music that samples heavily from the original "trap music", which is the south's take on hip hop/rap. Been around since early 2000's, relies heavily on 808's, both the deep kicks and the rolling cymbals, and focused heavily on the drug game. It was music meant to be played in trap houses, where hoodlums do drugs/slang out of.

What it basically all boils down to, in my opinion, is that it is a common ground for people more hesitant to embrace dance music. It takes elements from a whole different music culture, one that would likely NEVER cross paths with the EDM world in any significant way, and integrates it with dance music. Doesn't matter on the genre either, I've seen trap influenced tracks popping up from 100 bpm all the way to 180 bpm now. The sound not only spans 2 different music pools, but it's begun to transcend all of the genres of EDM too. Obviously if you don't like or get the original trap music, you'll have a harder time digesting it or really accepting it. But it's a very cool middle ground that you don't see pulled off nearly as well in other genres (when was the last rock-rap hybrid NOT laughably terrible?)

Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 AM #427
Etam

i knew about trap music as far as hip hop goes but for edm essentially it is just a sub-sub-sub-genre... catering to people of the edm rather then the hip hop world? ie: adding in synths and effects rather then ****ty rhymes to make the person listening to it feel more hardcore/gritty/hood then they actually are, not bashing it i just kinda feel like its bass heavy music with what you are saying, is a ridiculously broad range for what could be considered "trap"

Old 09-06-2012, 02:45 AM #428
EricS6661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia View Post
"Trap" music, as it's referred to in the electronic music world, is basically any style of dance music that samples heavily from the original "trap music", which is the south's take on hip hop/rap. Been around since early 2000's, relies heavily on 808's, both the deep kicks and the rolling cymbals, and focused heavily on the drug game. It was music meant to be played in trap houses, where hoodlums do drugs/slang out of.

What it basically all boils down to, in my opinion, is that it is a common ground for people more hesitant to embrace dance music. It takes elements from a whole different music culture, one that would likely NEVER cross paths with the EDM world in any significant way, and integrates it with dance music. Doesn't matter on the genre either, I've seen trap influenced tracks popping up from 100 bpm all the way to 180 bpm now. The sound not only spans 2 different music pools, but it's begun to transcend all of the genres of EDM too. Obviously if you don't like or get the original trap music, you'll have a harder time digesting it or really accepting it. But it's a very cool middle ground that you don't see pulled off nearly as well in other genres (when was the last rock-rap hybrid NOT laughably terrible?)
Yeah, that sounds absolutely ridiculous but if that's what you like, more power to ya.

I've listened to some of the 'trap music' you guys post and, in my opinion, it's garbage. I'm also pretty biased because I hate 99% of the rap/hip hop genre and culture.

Last edited by EricS6661 : 09-06-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:55 AM #429
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Quit being an armchair enthusiast and go to a damn show already. It really is one of those things you have to see in person to appreciate. Maybe you still won't like it, but trap ****ing rocks a crowd and sounds awesome on big speakers, you'll most certainly have a little more respect for it.

Hell, I saw that Baauer was playing a show down in Austin, basically did everything I could over the internet to force my 3 friends who just moved down there to go. They really dislike dubstep in general, and they came home stark raving mad over trap and were all "dude we so get dubstep and dance music, you just gotta GO!"

Old 09-06-2012, 06:10 AM #430
dpkidsrocks2

Pssshhhh **** Baauer, floss, all these new trap superstars....

Kromestar and Sukh Knight have been producing "trapstep" for god knows how long, same with a bunch of DNB producers, its nothing new, its just all the cheese gets recognized for some reason, a normal trend in EDM these days. The cheese always makes it to the top for some reason...

And besides Kromestar And Sukh, you guys ever heard of Juke? Juke is a form of EDM that has had trap elements in it since the beginning, and not just cool "cough cough" samples and then fat 808s...

Check out Dev79 and his seculsiasis mixes on sub.fm whenever you get a chance if you want to hear real trap/juke that is actually interesting and with vocals. I respect Baauer for what hes done, but throwing some drums, samples, and some 808's together does not make you a good producer/artist...

Maybe I am jelly but Baauer is going to be making so much damn money now pressing play on a laptop just because he stuck a few cool samples together in his DAW of choice... I guess it comes down to cheese making it to the top. Luckily there is a genre where the superstars actually deserve to be at the top (Noisia, Sub Focus, Camo & Krooked, etc) dnb ftw

Last edited by dpkidsrocks2 : 09-06-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:43 AM #431
BBp8ntballaLP508
☮♥♫

Good trap=

Last edited by BBp8ntballaLP508 : 09-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 AM #432
Tooshka
FBGM

Mini trapstyle documentary for any of you who are interested.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:26 PM #433
p8ntballrr101
GOML GOML GOML GOML GOML

Old 09-07-2012, 02:22 PM #434
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom

KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons

holy **** rockwell

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

Old 09-07-2012, 05:49 PM #435
p8ntballrr101
GOML GOML GOML GOML GOML

Going to see Andy C tonight, unfortunately it's with Downlink too
Old 09-07-2012, 05:59 PM #436
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballrr101 View Post

Way to almost directly copy this track, Chase and Status. Lol wicked lame.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:55 PM #437
Etam

doesnt every single trap song sound like that and does it even matter when both songs are ridiculously monotonously terrible in that special sortve minimalisitic trap sort of way?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:43 PM #438
Strange1130
FTW

Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
some heavy **** from j:kenzo

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 PM #439
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Lol, somebody leaked that album on funkysouls, then came on to clubland to report someone else for reposting them before 24 hours. What a doucher, got a nice one month ban for shiesty **** like that.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:53 AM #440
za1e
the fresh prince

Just got back from seeing angerfist. It was weird being in an after hours event for the first time in about 2 years and being there stone cold sober. Still a wicked good time
Old 09-08-2012, 11:23 AM #441
dpkidsrocks2

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not but the video is cool af
Closed Thread