PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2012, 02:25 AM #1
BrandonRhea62

2012 Spyder Fenix Problems

Hey everyone,
I own a 2012 Spyder Fenix and have used it 4 times at the local field and have never had a problem with it... until I tried to switch it from Semi to one of the Ramp modes. I have done it several times when I first bought it but havent tried to change it while playing. I am just needing to know why it possibly couldn't be changing. Thanks
BrandonRhea62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:27 AM #2
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
If it has a tournament lock, that may be the culprit. Read the manual or google it for a free download.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 PM #3
Kyle540

The gun doesnt have a tournament lock. I too have the 2012 Fenix and i haven't had a problem with the electronics. I was at Team Practice the other day and my regulator just started releasing air out of the tiny hole in the front of it. Idk why it started but i've taken great care of the gun. I'm still trying to fix it...
Kyle540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 PM #4
BrandonRhea62

Thanks, mine too started leaking and I just replaced the O-Rings and had no problem. This is the only problem I have had
BrandonRhea62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 AM #5
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it helped look for balloons
dude1it supports Team VICIOUS
dude1it is an NCPA player
dude1it is a top reviewer
dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
dude1it is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
If it has a tournament lock, that may be the culprit. Read the manual or google it for a free download.
found in 30 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle540 View Post
The gun doesnt have a tournament lock. I too have the 2012 Fenix and i haven't had a problem with the electronics. I was at Team Practice the other day and my regulator just started releasing air out of the tiny hole in the front of it. Idk why it started but i've taken great care of the gun. I'm still trying to fix it...
INCORRECT. The gun does have a tournament lock. And you have an oring to replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonRhea62 View Post
Thanks, mine too started leaking and I just replaced the O-Rings and had no problem. This is the only problem I have had
http://www.spyder.tv/product-manuals/2012-fenix.pdf

Page 11

Little bit of research takes you a long way. You need to take the tournament lock off.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:56 PM #6
dworthy89

So if the air is still leaking after you replace the orings does that mean that the lock is on cause I'm having the same problem.
dworthy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:39 PM #7
C8H10N4O2

C8H10N4O2 supports Team VICIOUS
C8H10N4O2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
C8H10N4O2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
C8H10N4O2 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Please, please, please - read the link that Chris posted.

The tournament lock has nothing to do with leaks. Part ELM003 is the tournament lock. It's a little tiny jumper that's in the frame of the trigger. Taking it out (or losing it) will restrict mode changes.

Page 17 of the manual will go through leaks and tell you exactly what you need to do. It's either the cup seal or an o-ring, depending on where it's leaking from. Oil the o-rings if you have replaced them with the CORRECT o-ring. Some o-rings in spyders are very particular and need very specific densities to work properly. Others will take just about anything you have laying around.
C8H10N4O2 is offline   Reply With Quote